Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received my car tonight. What a great company. I
Can’t believe I bad mouthed them. Lol

the car is spectacular looking inside and out. Very comfy and very fast. Spent most of the time since it came just going through the setting. I still need to setup a lot of stuff. Sometime tomorrow I will take it through all the paces. Tonight was
Like personalizing a new computer or cell phone.
this is my first ev and Tesla. I can drive it anywhere but want to learn all about every function on the car.
i drove it in insane mode. What ableast
This car is going to be.
Yay
🎉😅😉all good.

I’m sitting here in Boston at 2:00 am waiting to electronically accept delivery of my LR MS in San Diego. I was just told that my car will be delivered in the next 5 minutes. Talk about an odd car purchase and delivery situation. Only Tesla would attempt something this unusual.

Edit: First picture of my new baby through the spider web covering my Nest camera.
0F060510-4C92-4B53-B399-B600CB88827D.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m sitting here in Boston at 2:00 am waiting to electronically accept delivery of my LR MS in San Diego. I was just told that my car will be delivered in the next 5 minutes. Talk about an odd car purchase and delivery situation. Only Tesla would attempt something this unusual.
Well, I have had IKEA deliver to my door at 3am. So, Tesla is till ahead of the curve here. 😂

IKEA was supposed to come at 5pm but was a no-show. Then I woke up to loud banging on my front door at 3am. I legit picked up a large ladle from the kitchen and was fully ready to call the cops. Turned out to be a super apologetic driver who was pushing hard to get his committed deliveries after facing a personal situation earlier in the day. THAT is a crazy delivery experience. Tesla midnight EOQ is par for the course and seems to happen over and over lol.

I got the biggest surprise today! I walked out the front door to throw out thrash and saw the car in the driveway!!! I was instantly speechless and over the moon! This car is spectacular in every way and the acceleration blew me away! Its just more than what I had hoped for and I cant even imagine how the plaid feels like! Congrats to all who received theirs today and to those who didn't, its worth the wait!
I will post some pics tomorrow!

Received my car tonight. What a great company. I
Can’t believe I bad mouthed them. Lol

the car is spectacular looking inside and out. Very comfy and very fast. Spent most of the time since it came just going through the setting. I still need to setup a lot of stuff. Sometime tomorrow I will take it through all the paces. Tonight was
Like personalizing a new computer or cell phone.
this is my first ev and Tesla. I can drive it anywhere but want to learn all about every function on the car.
i drove it in insane mode. What ableast
This car is going to be.
Yay
🎉😅😉all good.
Wow congrats twin!!

For those of us who haven't been graced by the entropy monkey, who out there is driving their current vehicle and pretending the steering wheel is a yoke? Trying to maneuver your vehicle, keeping your hands off the top portion of the wheel, am I the only one?? Surely there must be others...

Still no delivery date, 9 months and 5 days...
Doing it all the time. Same as driving on top but with the opposite hand… or something.

Nah! Don't be naive. It's only fair to give Tesla the kind of treatment it's been giving to its customers 😂 I'm kidding.

You're right we need to wait for facts and this one probably is a sus and not in any way representative of the actual product. However, look into it before you call it pure speculation. Tesla did throttle the Model S/X P100DL models to preserve longevity of the battery and admitted to doing it too so this isn't some made up speculation. It's based off of facts.
How many are in the wild (all Tesla?)
How many spontaneously combust?
Nuf said. These folks have proven to me they know what they are doing with battery safety. That is why two are parked in my (attached) garage.

Now if you need to entertain yourself with conspiracy theories, please continue.

They might, but then it will end up being removed again, because people monitor their cars even more than they did back in 2017.
Yes and the engineers will code the degradation so that it more closely mirrors that of ICE. You will be boiled like a frog and never know it.

The nature of the people that originally thought that solution was a good one has not changed. The ingenuity and willingness to explore ever more creative means to their ends has not changed. If their ends are positive like Plaid performance, it is a very good thing. If their ends are to cover their warranty exposure by limiting performance.........

Alright big ballers, let us know if your car randomly explodes. 🔥

But seriously, knowing how absolutely insane the Tesla FUD is, would not be shocked if that car was purposely destroyed for headlines to hurt Tesla's reputation. It sounds crazy until you see the thousands and thousands of Twitter accounts of really bitter short seller types who want their money back.

It said the car was rolling down the street by itself 😂 give me a break
I smell a buy opportunity just around the corner :)

Reactions: JimLL and Tigers