Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bruh, it's 530am pacific on July 1. Probably wasnt on the priority list. Sure it'll be updated by mid next week
Just shows you it’s not some smart system updating ETA and someone fingapoppin it manually by hand…. No way did they think people would fall for getting their car in June if they ordered within the last couple of days

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Picked up my plaid yesterday, rained all day. Not once have I been able to keep the tires on the ground. They break loose at 80MPH when you stomp on it in the rain. Absolute unit of a car. The service center said they are getting a truck load every single day of Plaids and LR, and they cannot keep up with the deliveries. South Florida. So chances are, all your cars are sitting at the service center just waiting for be processed. VIN's are assigned when the car is at your delivery center.
Which SC in S FL? Thx

I ordered based on what the company stated was the delivery time. I am coming from owning AMG's and I have never had them treat me like this. I am not saying I don't like the car, or I am upset that they are late. I am more upset that I am paying interest on a car that is not in my possession. I also sold my car thinking this would come in time.

Not sure what the work comment was about?? They put the delivery time in the middle of my work day and wouldn't budge. Considering if I don't work I don't make money, this was a substantial hit. It was about 1000-1200$ in lost revenue. I will also have to do it again when they reschedule. I have never had to try harder to give a company 140k for a product in my life. Try buying an AMG....they will deliver it to the moon if you want.
I agree with you. I do not understand why some people resort to ridiculing you for feeling bad because you got treated unfairly by Tesla. You are allowed to be upset even if you placed the order a month ago because now everybody knows that some orders placed a week ago have their cars so come on! I agree with you on Mercedes customer service. I personally never bought one but my brother in law is a huge AMG fan and has always spoken so highly of their customer service. Sadly, I cannot say the same about Tesla which sucks because Tesla's products truly are phenomenal but I wish Tesla would take notes from other auto companies when it comes to CS and improves on this front.
Hang in there. It's okay to be upset in your situation and it deserves no explanation to anybody. I wish you get your car in your desired configuration asap.

If we were handing out awards for worst first pictures, I’m pretty sure I would win. My LR car is allegedly under this cover, and this is all I have seen of the vehicle at this point.

85E9066C-22A2-4B8A-A0F8-F594055E270C.jpeg

How many are in the wild (all Tesla?)
How many spontaneously combust?
Nuf said. These folks have proven to me they know what they are doing with battery safety. That is why two are parked in my (attached) garage.

Now if you need to entertain yourself with conspiracy theories, please continue.
I clearly stated this is probably a one time deal. If I really believed Tesla products catch fire more than ICE I wouldn't be a long time customer lol quit it.
I understand it gets rough sometimes to admit that Tesla did something wrong. Limiting acceleration for battery longevity is what they did and then lifted the limitation once they got caught. It's still shitty of them to do it regardless of them fixing it later on. That is the point I am trying to make. Not saying Teslas catch fire more than ICE. That'd be stupid. I am hoping Plaid does not have any battery issues as the FUDs claim since I am waiting impatiently for one myself :p
Settle down tiger we are rooting for the same team here ;)

I had an AMG, great car, but when stuff starts to break, they hide and will try to get you to pay the bills for stuff that should be covered under warranty.

Tesla sucks on many fronts, surprise price drop, surprise price raise, white paint extra to white paint free (guess who is the sob who paid extra for his white model3?), delays (waited over 1000days for my 3), extra $ for base autopilot to autopilot free (guess who is the only sob in the world who doesn’t have basic autopilot?).

I still prefer to deal with them than the technical adviser at my Mercedes/AMG dealer.

Been a lurker here for a few month now but wanted to provide another data point :
Order complete on Feb 1 - RN114450950 Plaid Midnight silver metallic, 21", Black/White, CF, Full self drive
Didn't get a date shown until may, showed June1-June30, then June15-30, then disappeared.

Got a surprising call from SA yesterday... SD Carlsbad location, they had a identical car except with Cream interior and ask if I wanted to take it. Short answer, went to see it, switched my order and took delivery yesterday. They told me they got 6 plaid yesterday (one was the one I got, another was was black (also cream with CF), another one that was white (don't know interior), red (don't know interior) and 2 others. This was supposedly the second shipment, one of the managers there got the first shipment a couple days ago.

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    921.5 KB · Views: 74
  • screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    363.9 KB · Views: 77
  • screen1.jpg
    screen1.jpg
    346.4 KB · Views: 80
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    594.5 KB · Views: 71
  • yoke.jpg
    yoke.jpg
    330.2 KB · Views: 73
Bruh, it's 530am pacific on July 1. Probably wasnt on the priority list. Sure it'll be updated by mid next week
@Tigers, you need to give him some slack. I mean he has been waiting for almost a ... ??? Less than a month !!! He is going to be suffering for a long time. I am in the middle of the wait list and know that my new S isn't being delivered until sometime September. He might not have patience now but he will learn or go insane believing every update to his estimated delivery date.

A shout out to my fellow TMCers that have been waiting longer than me. At least we know that Tesla is delivering cars. Better than March and April. This would be so much easier if Tesla did not make the best cars. Then we could just cancel our orders. But everyone who has received a delivery says it worth the wait. So I am patiently waiting. Come on September. 🏈

Last edited: