Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm watching another review of Plaid right now and during the tour over menu's tabs, I saw the "towing" option. Does plaid have a towing hitch?

Asking because I love to take my bike to new trails and I use a hitch rack to transport it.

Attachments

• towing.jpg
    towing.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 62
i think you can call ANY tesla store, give them your reservation phone #, they will pull up your RN and then can make the switch for you.

if not any store, atleast any local store. i did not call my SA or the store he works in to make the change, i just called through a list of tesla stores nearby until i got a live person

the trick is getting a live person on the phone.
Just called my assigned delivery center and pressed "4" for sales. You can also select the option for "new vehicle deliveries" in the automated menu.

Thanks! I'm really trying to justify doing this. Thinking if it puts me at the back of the line for that config makes me nervous though that it won't get me my car any sooner

Good thing I didn’t switch to 21st and waste that 4500 then
I suppose you can think of it that way; personally, I didn’t care for the 19” wheels so the 21” wheels were a must unless I were changing out the wheels for something even better. Didn’t really consider buying aftermarket wheels at this time. But, yeah, I really think it’s the total combination of the white ext, white seats and carbon fiber interior trim that is causing the delays with my build & others like it.

I suppose you can think of it that way; personally, I didn’t care for the 19” wheels so the 21” wheels were a must unless I were changing out the wheels for something even better. Didn’t really consider buying aftermarket wheels at this time. But, yeah, I really think it’s the total combination of the white ext, white seats and carbon fiber interior trim that is causing the delays with my build & others like it.
I just don’t think those ehh looking rims are worth 4500 lol

Update with trade in that expired Thursday. The price of the car now does not show the 45k deduction of the trade-in, mainly because it’s being re-evaluated. So shows the full amount due, with new sales tax estimate as well. Even if they re-evaluate it, it’s still going to expire as I have no date for delivery and have carbon fiber and 19’s, plus i just ordered 5 weeks ago, so I’m sure I’m behind many people.

I'm watching another review of Plaid right now and during the tour over menu's tabs, I saw the "towing" option. Does plaid have a towing hitch?

Asking because I love to take my bike to new trails and I use a hitch rack to transport it.
The tow option on the screen is for the situation where the Model S needs to BE towed. That said I have heard that there is an access panel at the rear that suspiciously looks like a place where you could put a small tow hitch for perhaps a bike rack or something

The tow option on the screen is for the situation where the Model S needs to BE towed. That said I have heard that there is an access panel at the rear that suspiciously looks like a place where you could put a small tow hitch for perhaps a bike rack or something
There is an access panel, but nothing behind it right now.

• Informative
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Okay, and I think your MS all black interior will look like dog sh!t. Completely boring actually. Okay, kidding aside...is it really necessary to out down others choices? I had much nicer 22" wheels with carbon fiber that were also a wheel/tire upgrade on my Jag I-Pace EV and I paid for them but they were so worth it! However, I know other people who drive the I-Pace with different wheels (std or less upgraded) and I've never put them down for their choices on it. Just saying as your words can be construed differently than you actually mean them.

I have the 21 inch arachnids (and the black interior for that matter...hahah). I don't know of a more cost effective choice as I am not in love with the 19s. My thought was at least I get something that I like the looks of, and then I could always sell the 21s later. If I can get the ZeroG's later separate from the track pack maybe that is an option. If the ZeroG's were available now I would have just selected them likely.

I have the 21 inch arachnids (and the black interior for that matter...hahah). I don't know of a more cost effective choice as I am not in love with the 19s. My thought was at least I get something that I like the looks of, and then I could always sell the 21s later. If I can get the ZeroG's later separate from the track pack maybe that is an option. If the ZeroG's were available now I would have just selected them likely.
I was only making a point @Ramphex actually; everyone has their own likes/dislikes and preferences. Not poking at anyone else's choices.

Reactions: TorqueMonster
I just started looking at financing options. One of my sons works for a bank, and he is based in San Diego. His rate for a 7 year unsecured line of credit is 2.25% fixed. The first two years is interest draw only. I need to have 25% of the loan amount in an account with them. No prepayment penalty.

It's a very good rate, and my son tells me that almost everyone with that line is a Tesla buyer. 😁

Takes about 2 weeks for the loan to get approved.

Okay, and I think your MS all black interior will look like dog sh!t. Completely boring actually. Okay, kidding aside...is it really necessary to put down others choices? 😒 I had much nicer 22" wheels with carbon fiber that were also a wheel/tire upgrade from Jaguar on my Jag I-Pace EV and I paid for them but they were so worth it...they looked amazing (and I didn't feel any real compromise on the road feel)! However, I know other people who drive the I-Pace with different wheels (std or less upgraded) and I've never put them down for their choices on it. Just saying as your words can be construed differently than you actually mean. Personally, I think the 19" wheels look like crap and coming from 22" wheels (and 21" wheels on my Porsche Macan Turbo), I upgraded to whatever Tesla offered in larger, more aggressive wheel/tire package they offered. If they had other choices, I would've considered those as well. The $4500 upgrade was worth it to me; perhaps you're just cheap?
DOG STOOL???????????
I chase after you with meat cleaver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:)

Well, I just got the email confirmation of the change to the 21s. For those considering doing this, it definitely didn't change my RN, but of concern is that it says in the updated order confirmation PDF it does list "Order placed with electronically updated terms: 7/3/21" So, yeah, not sure if I just shot myself in the foot, but I'm a little over caring at this point. If this change nets me a car in the next couple months, great, no regrets. If not, I'll probably switch back and see what I can do on the aftermarket for wheels.

I can completely understand people's hesitation to shell out $4500 for these wheels, as we're talking about mid-high end forged wheel territory there, and that doesn't even include the value of the 19s you would get. However, I will say that I like the arachnids a LOT better in the actual customer car photos than I did in the initial renders when I purchased in early Feb, and I am positive I wouldn't be happy with the 19s. So it's either do this and potentially get my car earlier (and likely a better trade in), or wait and go aftermarket for some 20s or something. I do like having an OEM setup, if possible, but I'm not averse to aftermarket if I have to.