Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just found 3 new S’s. 2 long range and one plaid

All 3 with 21”. One LR is with white interior with wood. Another one is black interior with wood. Plaid is with black interior and wood

Attachments

• 4C24671F-8C9B-486E-A15A-1A399B420462.jpeg
    4C24671F-8C9B-486E-A15A-1A399B420462.jpeg
    830.9 KB · Views: 71
  • 90EFDEBF-7739-4E5D-8CF6-653B3F9AD629.jpeg
    90EFDEBF-7739-4E5D-8CF6-653B3F9AD629.jpeg
    976.6 KB · Views: 84
  • A3DF5CC4-B767-4B2D-8218-B928D74F3DCD.jpeg
    A3DF5CC4-B767-4B2D-8218-B928D74F3DCD.jpeg
    620.9 KB · Views: 64
  • 5FBCE346-91F2-4C49-988C-65E1825BCACD.jpeg
    5FBCE346-91F2-4C49-988C-65E1825BCACD.jpeg
    515.1 KB · Views: 57
@omarsultan Finally getting around to watching the Ryan Shaw video (
) that you let him use your car for—super nice of you as always!

I never noticed this before, but is the emblem only red, silver and gray? (45 second mark) I always thought it had white in it based on photos, but that was probably the flash reflecting 🤔

Looking at @Atomadam ‘s profile photo also seems to show that there isn’t any white…I’m red-green color blind, so have a hard time distinguishing between shades of similar colors, lol.

View attachment 681168
It is red and light grey, bright chrome and a satin chrome--I think it is the last part that sometimes shows up as white.

Any more details on the charging? We have a 2019 Raven S and wondering how much faster the new version charges on the V2 and V3 chargers. I know peak is higher but interested in the overall charging time.
Wish I had the technical savy to be able to quantify an answer for you. I did see 830 mph at a 250 Supercharger for a few minutes if that’s useful.

It is red and light grey, bright chrome and a satin chrome--I think it is the last part that sometimes shows up as white.
This is crazy helpful! Sorry, but hard to 🦚 with the wrong feathers 😱 Really appreciate your help in this, don’t think anyone else would have been so forthcoming 🙏

Like many, am waiting on LR model S (non-Plaid). Low Res#1142xxxx, since November. Got a question for the few NON-Plaid owners just taken delivery. Can you confirm delivered car has so-called staggered tires, front and rear. Look at door pillar label. Different size tires front vs rear? The manual on line says different sizes, but not sure I trust it vs what is actually coming out the factory door. And definitely don't trust to just ask the tesla Sales Advisers. (The reason I ask is I have $1,600 of new wheel rims, all 4 the same, not even out of the box, bought at Christmas for my "imminent" new Model S. Cause I wasn't too keen on the new Aero-style plastic covers. Then the line was shut down and eventually a Refresh was announced. With new staggered wheels, it appears. A fellow Tesla-head friend wants to buy them but want to make sure I can't use them before giving to him).

Attachments

• 20210703_170447~2.jpg
    20210703_170447~2.jpg
    475.9 KB · Views: 58
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Yea, I was just saying to me the 21s aren’t worth 4500 because I feel like I can get a way better set for less. And spending that much solely to try to get the car earlier might not even work anymore like it did in June.
It might work though because do far we have not seen literally any 19s and multiple people have reported that a bunch of Tesla employees have said that Plaid only comes in 21s. This makes me extremely worried for us tempest wheel folks. I need to sell my car in the next two weeks and don't know whether to switch to 21s and get the car by end of July or early August or wait for 19s and rent a ice

Like many, am waiting on LR model S (non-Plaid). Low Res#1142xxxx, since November. Got a question for the few NON-Plaid owners just taken delivery. Can you confirm delivered car has so-called staggered tires, front and rear. Look at door pillar label. Different size tires front vs rear? The manual on line says different sizes, but not sure I trust it vs what is actually coming out the factory door. And definitely don't trust to just ask the tesla Sales Advisers. (The reason I ask is I have $1,600 of new wheel rims, all 4 the same, not even out of the box, bought at Christmas for my "imminent" new Model S. Cause I wasn't too keen on the new Aero-style plastic covers. Then the line was shut down and eventually a Refresh was announced. With new staggered wheels, it appears. A fellow Tesla-head friend wants to buy them but want to make sure I can't use them before giving to him).
1625352345640.png

It might work though because do far we have not seen literally any 19s and multiple people have reported that a bunch of Tesla employees have said that Plaid only comes in 21s. This makes me extremely worried for us tempest wheel folks. I need to sell my car in the next two weeks and don't know whether to switch to 21s and get the car by end of July or early August or wait for 19s and rent a ice
Yea but there are people with 21s from 2020 who are still waiting, and a guy who switched to 21s and still has nothing. We need someone to figure out the madness, randomness algorithm Tesla is using to deliver cars. But then again it might be easier to crack a 256 bit AES password 😅😅

With supply constrained builds, I would split parts between multiple vehicles whenever possible—i.e. white seats car with wood, black car with CF, MSM car with 19” wheels, so that N+ cars are made whenever N supply constrained parts are used. Sorry @sflgator 😓

You could also optimize batching by ignoring when an order was placed 😭

Could it be that Tesla is actually producing cars in an optimized order? No way, right?! 🤯
Maximize cars built by parts available

trust the manual. dont trust the SA, they though the 4s in Pilot Sport 4S (ps4s) meant 4 season/all-season 🤡

sell them to your buddy and wait for them to make wheels specific (width and offset) to the new model S.

Yes they are staggered. Sell those to your friend and get wheels with correct offset to match.

Hi- New to the site and new to Tesla ownership. Sold my BMW M3 convertible last week as part of the "unburdening" process of getting ready for the delivery. My order number is 11513 and when I ordered in late May or early June (cant recall exactly) I was told Sept/Oct delivery. Order page was blank for a long time and last week it was populated with October...which is exactly what I was told and expecting.
I am ordering the MS long range in black with black interior on 19" wheels. No full driving. Since I live in the far north in Vermont, I will be equipping the car with an additional set of winter wheels and snows. I plan to drive year round and wondering how the snow performance of the MS is.

If these are 8.5 as the label suggests, they *may* be too narrow even for the LR which has 9.5F and 10.5R as the stock config. I am not sure tho, so someone more knowledgeable than me can probably confirm how much narrower you can go than stock config and be ok.

If these are 8.5 as the label suggests, they *may* be too narrow even for the LR which has 9.5F and 10.5R as the stock config. I am not sure tho, so someone more knowledgeable than me can probably confirm how much narrower you can go than stock config and be ok.
I'm curious as well, as wide tires are bad in snow, was going to use my 19" Tempests for winter tires, not sure how skinny I can go on those rims.

Just found 3 new S’s. 2 long range and one plaid

All 3 with 21”. One LR is with white interior with wood. Another one is black interior with wood. Plaid is with black interior and wood
Love how Tesla puts the “Yoke Steering Wheel — Included” on the sticker…WTF…as if it were some sort of ‘included option’ and we had a choice on the steering? 🤔🤪🤬 Had Tesla made an option, I would’ve chosen a traditional steering wheel design instead of having to learn how to drive all over again, lol.

Last edited: