Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A little longer blank here...can't remember when most of ours all changed from June 1-30 to Blank with no Est Delivery...about 5-6 weeks ago maybe? Still nothing today..expecting Aug as they've told me for weeks now. Sigh. 😒 At this point, if no VIN in the next week or so, then no July delivery for me.
Good thing I didn’t switch to 21st and waste that 4500 then

Question for people that have had 21's in the past. If you blow the tire, and there is no spare, what has your experience been?
Does Tesla service come to you and have a real replacement? Is it just a spare? How much do they charge for the service? How long does it take them to arrive on average?
First time Tesla buyer here, now having 21 anxiety.
I had a completely different experience. A Mercedes sprinter with a full blown tire shop came to the rescue on the side of the road. They had virtually every tire that a Tesla might have and sold me a tire, balanced and mounted it on the side of the road. Adding that it was one tire of each kind that they had in the truck.

7th day of nothing... just blankity blank so grabbin a drank.🍻

Going on 10 straight weeks with no date so..................

Just got the Plaid badge replica from that Etsy shop. Looks cool. Great for sticking somewhere in the house. Definitely not going anywhere near the actual car lol.

Link to the store please

How old is their equipment? I saw one of those “How it’s Made” shows, think is was a Porsche factory. Every car coming down the line was done in a different color. Switch’s were a minute maybe. Be interesting to see what GigaBerlin is like. When will they ever get new paint shop for the Model S and X line in CA???
Painting cars seems to be one of their perennial challenges.

Not sure this has been mentioned, and sorry if I am repeat something, but it appears that imperfection in the center of the yoke is also there on the car in the “Meet your Tesla” video on the website. Airbag related?
I recall reading somewhere (Reddit or here) that it was the airbag. Which is why it’s consistent on every yoke.

VAG group cars have absolutely invested in a paint shop with minutes of downtime to swap colors, so there is probably an incentive to still batch for serial production cars, but at Porsche margin and production levels just customize it as you need it. Maybe they’re really stretching floor space needs and can’t afford any downtime for upgrades.

I remember very old car manufacturing videos where the entire paint process seemed to be done in a dip tank process instead of spray robots. Maybe some of the primer coats are still done in this manner, though cars are such mixed material beasts now (Al, various steels, sometimes Mg).
How old is their equipment? I saw one of those “How it’s Made” shows, think is was a Porsche factory. Every car coming down the line was done in a different color. Switch’s were a minute maybe. Be interesting to see what GigaBerlin is like. When will they ever get new paint shop for the Model S and X line in CA???

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Somewhat against my better judgment, I requested Tesla change my order with 19s to Arachnids. I'm really mixed on it because I don't particularly want the PS4s, and would likely need to swap them for some Conti DWS, but figured I can probably get at least enough for them to make it a straight swap.

Hearing rumblings about October for 19s has me somewhat spooked. If it were an August or even early Sept delivery, I would hold out, but my wife and I are taking a driving trip (1500 miles) with another couple in early October and I really wanted to have the new car. Seems like a silly reason, but stuff like this is why I buy nice cars. On top of that, I'm very concerned the value of my trade in is going to plummet with a cooling in the used car market, which could easily cost me as much as the $4500 anyway after trade-in tax credit.

Hopefully this works...
Did you call your SA to make the change and were you able to keep the older price? My SA tells me there's no way in the system for them to keep the old price if I switch to Arachnids 🙄
So I'll have to pay 14,500 to switch wheels just so I can get my cat early. Decided against it
Want to know who are you guys calling at Fremont to be able to hold your current price. This is such a cluster

While I was instructing, I was shooting for FTD all the time. I have no brand loyalty whatsoever.
I always tried to be the fastest possible on the budget I had. I never owned a GT3 myself but would love a 991.2 GT3RS.

The ideal garage is a daily Plaid and a RS for the weekend.
Exactly spot on... I have seen it all as a PCA track member for over 35 years.
The perfect combo is a Model S for weekdays and a Porsche for the weekend. ;)

Last edited:
Hearing rumblings about October for 19s has me somewhat spooked. If it were an August or even early Sept delivery, I would hold out, but my wife and I are taking a driving trip (1500 miles) with another couple in early October and I really wanted to have the new car. Seems like a silly reason, but stuff like this is why I buy nice cars. On top of that, I'm very concerned the value of my trade in is going to plummet with a cooling in the used car market, which could easily cost me as much as the $4500 anyway after trade-in tax credit.
Not a silly reason at all. Makes perfect sense to me 👌

Undecided. Not looking to make anything, just don't want to lose. Only variable that is unclear is sales tax. I haven't paid it yet. Do any accountants out there know if there is a sales tax event if I buy and sell this prior to paying the sales tax?

Since you just got the car and probably drove very little, I have a feeling Tesla might be happy to take the car back and give you full refund therefore no tax consequence. You’ll be happy and Tesla will be happy to sell the car in 2 min at a higher price since you purchased pre- price increase. If that doesn’t work for whatever reason, you have a buyer right here 🥂

Where are you guys hearing these rumblings from? My SA again told me that they delivered one LR with 19" tempest wheels and they were gray 🤔
MT. Kisco said they haven’t delivered any with 19s. If your SA can send you a pic of the gray 19s, that would clear up some of the speculation.
Edit: haven’t seen any pics supporting that gray 19” deliveries have started.

Did you call your SA to make the change and were you able to keep the older price? My SA tells me there's no way in the system for them to keep the old price if I switch to Arachnids 🙄
So I'll have to pay 14,500 to switch wheels just so I can get my cat early. Decided against it
Want to know who are you guys calling at Fremont to be able to hold your current price. This is such a cluster

I spoke to the SA. This one was actually a bit more knowledgeable and friendly than the one I usually talk to. Not sure if it's just because he's the weekend guy. They didn't make me pay a $10k change fee, but then again I didn't order pre-refresh, either, so if I bought the car on the Tesla website right now it would be the same price. Not really sure what you mean by old price.

Weird thing though is that they claimed, that though the RN will not change, this switch would put me at the back of the queue for this configuration. I questioned that, indicating how I'd heard numerous folks with Plaid and LR reservations with 19s had made the change to Arachnids and been assigned VINs in days. How could this be be if there's some second queue that isn't linked to RN? He didn't have an answer for that, but I still figure I'm better off at the back of the 21" build queue than I would have been in the 19" queue, which likely wasn't going to get me a car for months.

The way I figure it, if this tactic doesn't give me a car by end of Sept, I can always switch back. At that point I really don't care if it's Oct or next January.

Reactions: Drew-MS
Somewhat against my better judgment, I requested Tesla change my order with 19s to Arachnids. I'm really mixed on it because I don't particularly want the PS4s, and would likely need to swap them for some Conti DWS, but figured I can probably get at least enough for them to make it a straight swap.

Hopefully this works...
How did you even ask? I don't have any SA

How did you even ask? I don't have any SA
i think you can call ANY tesla store, give them your reservation phone #, they will pull up your RN and then can make the switch for you.

if not any store, atleast any local store. i did not call my SA or the store he works in to make the change, i just called through a list of tesla stores nearby until i got a live person

the trick is getting a live person on the phone.