Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you were in your plaid and some kid rolled up on you in his AWDcivic hatchback and took your lunch money would you give a *sugar*? Or would you go “eh it’s still a civic “ ?

For car guys it’s more than just speed. Most enjoy the visceral experience. Speed is only part of the equation. Air cooled Porsche are dogshit slow compared to modern day cars and yet still have a tremendous following.

For me the plaid is the ultimate daily driver, but I’ll still have weekend fun cars. The plaid doesn’t check all the boxes for me, that I’d give up everything.
That torque though.. I’m all about fast EVs these days.

You clearly missed every point lol. But main point is the billionaire wouldn’t care. Hes winning at life lol
And you believe a guy that is winning at everything won’t care to be walked by a family sedan? I am sure he will still see the Tesla as a cheap car. I am not saying he’d be jealous or anything , if that’s what you’re thinking I meant. But when you’re king of hill, having a new a new king beating you on your hill is not fun. I’m sure the next Bugatti will have some sort or electric motor from Rimac to boost performance and maintain the king of the hill status.

My friend’s father has an Aventador, he brags about his car and performance all the time. Shows up a the golf club revving his engine. Drawing attention making sure everyone knows he’s arrived. I’m not sure he wouldn’t give a *sugar* getting beat by the cheap Tesla.

But on the other hand, his friend a super super wealthy guy, drives his R8 V10 like an old pop. He loves the sound he says but he also says he can’t drive so he doesn’t push it. He wouldn’t care.

I guess it all depends on the owner. Some Bugatti owners might not care but Bugatti the company cares that I’m sure. When Mate Rimac (the new Bugatti-Rimac CEO) closed the 45min merger presentation today he ended with the Bugatti motto which is: If comparable, it no longer is Bugatti.

It's more likely that your son is just influenced by your interests. My 10 year old daughter knows what a Plaid is and what Tesla cars are. She also knows who I hate politically, and cannot stand Microsoft. All of these things are my values and interests. I don't talk to her directly about any of these things. Kids pick up on everything.
Possible, but I tried to interest him in GT3s for years and he’s like, blah, the Turbo is faster. IDK. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
So I got lucky for the delivery of a Model S LR. I ordered in June and on the last day of June they called me to say they had one that would not be delivered to the intended customer as he could not take delivery. This is my third Model S.. I had the 75 and then the Model S LR plus..

Received a call at 8.00 pm and told if I wanted the car I needed to pick up before midnight. I went over to a parking deck in SoCal at 10.00 pm.. a few mins look at the car and signed the paperwork.

Initial impressions

Interior is so much improved, screen is great. The yoke is fine, however the turn signals - would so much prefer stalk.. I think if the yoke has a stalk for the turn signal would work fine. I do realize there are a lot of differing opinions.

Speed - it is quick however I can see that the Plaid S is in a different league to this car. This car definitely pulls all the way beyond 60 and does not run out of steam. I have only taken the car to 95 and its enough for me.

The sound system... while it is good I feel it could do with a little more power - not a lot, just one more notch. I am constantly taking it to the max.

The autopilot.. so far seems good. On the older car when it came up to a green light, I could tap the stalk and the car would carry on. Now I need to tap the accelerator. This I don't like however I have not researched the autopilot capability.

Exterior. Overall its OK, still a few issues with fit and finish. Tesla gave the usual "we will fix issues via the Service Center" - lets see I have heard that before. The opportunity to take the car 3 months before the initial October timeline I did not pass on.

The wheels... I originally had a 19 on order and changed for the 21. For sure a more sporty feel, not sure if that's the tires or the yoke, or a combination. I think they look good with the white car and now that the trim is black too.. I think the overall look is sharp!

Attachments

• IMG_0887 (1).jpg
    IMG_0887 (1).jpg
    569.8 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0888.jpg
    IMG_0888.jpg
    444.4 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0899.jpg
    IMG_0899.jpg
    509.6 KB · Views: 60
Still curious why upgrading X to Plaid only costs 30k more but S to Plaid costs 50k more.
I think a price increase is coming to the LR. It's closer to the cost of a M3P than the Plaid right now, and then there is the cost of the X. I'd be surprised if it isn't increased to 90K before next year.

So I got lucky for the delivery of a Model S LR. I ordered in June and on the last day of June they called me to say they had one that would not be delivered to the intended customer as he could not take delivery. This is my third Model S.. I had the 75 and then the Model S LR plus..

Received a call at 8.00 pm and told if I wanted the car I needed to pick up before midnight. I went over to a parking deck in SoCal at 10.00 pm.. a few mins look at the car and signed the paperwork.

Initial impressions

Interior is so much improved, screen is great. The yoke is fine, however the turn signals - would so much prefer stalk.. I think if the yoke has a stalk for the turn signal would work fine. I do realize there are a lot of differing opinions.

Speed - it is quick however I can see that the Plaid S is in a different league to this car. This car definitely pulls all the way beyond 60 and does not run out of steam. I have only taken the car to 95 and its enough for me.

The sound system... while it is good I feel it could do with a little more power - not a lot, just one more notch. I am constantly taking it to the max.

The autopilot.. so far seems good. On the older car when it came up to a green light, I could tap the stalk and the car would carry on. Now I need to tap the accelerator. This I don't like however I have not researched the autopilot capability.

Exterior. Overall its OK, still a few issues with fit and finish. Tesla gave the usual "we will fix issues via the Service Center" - lets see I have heard that before. The opportunity to take the car 3 months before the initial October timeline I did not pass on.

The wheels... I originally had a 19 on order and changed for the 21. For sure a more sporty feel, not sure if that's the tires or the yoke, or a combination. I think they look good with the white car and now that the trim is black too.. I think the overall look is sharp!
Ordered in jan still have blank date with 21s changed ;o , congrats on getting it early

I’d take a Bugatti over the Tesla BUT if I can get the fastest, safest, best fuel economy, huge practically, and basically no maintenance cost for this price, it seems like a hell of a bargain. Then again if I could afford a Bugatti, I probably wouldn’t care about the cost lol
It’s such an unfair comparison. Whether or not you’d take the Bugatti isn’t the question. Would you buy the Bugatti for $3M or the Plaid for $130k ? Which car makes more financial sense?
The Bugatti is so far out of reach for 99.99999% of people. If folks with hundreds of millions of dollars or more want to buy a $3M car, god bless them.
If I had the $3M available to spend on a car, I’d choose to buy a plaid S, a plaid X, a Roadster, a 911 GT2RS, a vacation home overseas, and I’d still have $500k left.

If she’s a classy woman over 30, she’ll probably go with the Tesla. If she’s a young and dumb 20 something, then probably the Bugatti even if the guy is a db.
Does anyone here know how I can mute this gross and off-topic argument about whether women are mercenary or just stupid? For the record, most of us are neither - just like most men who buy $100,000+ cars aren't compensating...

You folks who haven’t taken delivery have unlimited options!

I implore you to do what I considered and buy a used Chevy Bolt or Nissan Leaf. While I’m walking the twelve miles it takes to get from the emptiest area of every parking lot to my actual destination, I have ample time to consider the huge mistake I’ve made buying this car.

You can park those other cars anywhere, care free! That freedom combined with a $90,000 savings should be more than enough reason to heed my advice.

Buy a Chevy Bolt. You’ll thank me.