Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Funny how many people in their 50s think they’re old. Maybe 57 was old in 1821.
It’s not old in 2021.
57 is not death's door anymore, but don't kid yourself, it's still old. Most people cannot do the things they were able to do before their muscle mass started to deplete and their max heart rate dropped. There's a reason you don't see professional athletes in their late 50's in most physically competitive things. At least today you can expect another several decades of life, whereas in 1821 people were surprised you were still alive. 🤣

Has anyone with a recent Plaid delivery notice a loss in their battery charging capacity? Right after the last software update I notice my 90percent charge capacity dropped from 354 miles to 318. I am not sure what’s going on. Also my battery seems to lose 6-7 miles/ day while just sitting in my garage. Anyone notice these issues?
Not a Tesla owner, but I read how the car will naturally lose charge overnight, especially if you are running Sentry Mode. I also believe the car adjusts your max mileage based on your driving habits, so this could just reflect that you are less efficient than initially calculated.

Thanks. That must be new because my previous 2 (‘15 85D and ‘18 P100D) did not…..hopefully they are easy to remove
Unfortunately, its not that easy. I managed to remove the front bracket which holds the plate but the rear portion is stuck on pretty tight. I will be asking my detailer to remove it.

Attachments

• 8BD1B0BD-9EA9-4710-8045-228DE7786339.jpeg
    8BD1B0BD-9EA9-4710-8045-228DE7786339.jpeg
    465.5 KB · Views: 85
Not a Tesla owner, but I read how the car will naturally lose charge overnight, especially if you are running Sentry Mode. I also believe the car adjusts your max mileage based on your driving habits, so this could just reflect that you are less efficient than initially calculated.
I have observed a loss of 6-7 miles overnight which is quite a bit to be honest.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Unfortunately, its not that easy. I managed to remove the front bracket which holds the plate but the rear portion is stuck on pretty tight. I will be asking my detailer to remove it.
Hair dryer, 15 minutes, and patience while prying is what it took to get that back part off mine. The adhesive strips came off surprisingly in one piece (not like those UPC stickers that leave a ton of residue everywhere)

I have observed a loss of 6-7 miles overnight which is quite a bit to be honest.
Unsure if this has any correlation, but I noticed a large amount of overnight loss while the car was sitting idle about a year ago. Found out that a new option had been added that keeps the car ready for smart summon. Since I rarely use that feature, I shut it off - vampire drain went from ~10mi/day to less than 1.

This is why they say a plugged in Tesla is a happy Tesla. No loss for me any night/day/week however long its sitting idle.

The cars also regulate the interior temperature, so if its hot where you are, mine turns on the AC from time to time.

Funny how many people in their 50s think they’re old. Maybe 57 was old in 1821.
It’s not old in 2021.

Let me explain. Early on, “bro” mostly referred to a male friend rather than just another man. Later, “bro” became associated with young men who spent time partying with others like themselves. Some identifiy the term "bro" as the one "defining feature" of the changing cultural attributes of manhood.
Oxford Dictionaries identify bros metonymously as those who themselves use the word to refer to others, such as in the example of "don’t tase me bro” in which the taserer is not a bro, but the tased is. The subculture is not defined consistently or concretely, but refers to a type of "fratty masculinity.”
In most cases, the word “bro” used by middle-aged men are those having a hard time adjusting to being middle aged men. Nope it’s East coast as well.
Thank you for the treatise, Brofessor Drew!

Unsure if this has any correlation, but I noticed a large amount of overnight loss while the car was sitting idle about a year ago. Found out that a new option had been added that keeps the car ready for smart summon. Since I rarely use that feature, I shut it off - vampire drain went from ~10mi/day to less than 1.
I will turn off summon. Thanks

I also believe the car adjusts your max mileage based on your driving habits, so this could just reflect that you are less efficient than initially calculated.
This is not true. Rated is math. Driving behavior is not factored in.

Ideal uses some squishiness and therefore is useless.

I think Tesla finally caught on to their 21 inch wheel bug.

@omarsultan did your range get fixed?

Most electric cars do adjust the mileage that they expect you to get due to your driving habits. Tesla does not. They are simply measuring the battery capacity, voltage, and trying to give you an estimate of how much power is left at the EPA rated range. Or you could say watt hours per mile use.

The navigation does take into effect many of these variables. Including elevation gain and loss. But that's not the same as the number you see while charging.

This is why they say a plugged in Tesla is a happy Tesla. No loss for me any night/day/week however long its sitting idle.

The cars also regulate the interior temperature, so if its hot where you are, mine turns on the AC from time to time.
I got my MS before I took care of the 240 v charger situation in the garage.
Hope to get that done soon and keep her charged overnight.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid