Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So it turns out neither Plaid nor the LR is truly "robotic" in mimicking the 0-60 times lol I am certain the test units are software uncorked to full performance. I hope I'm wrong in this case but believe me I could tell the difference between the test drive Model 3 performance and my own M3P that I bought after experiencing the performance of the test drive unit. My M3P fell a little bit short in comparison to the test drive unit at SC.
It likely is just a SW fluke. In the Plaid's case, it was actually limiting the power due to the rough road that @bmt00 was testing his car on.

So it turns out neither Plaid nor the LR is truly "robotic" in mimicking the 0-60 times lol I am certain the test units are software uncorked to full performance. I hope I'm wrong in this case but believe me I could tell the difference between the test drive Model 3 performance and my own M3P that I bought after experiencing the performance of the test drive unit. My M3P fell a little bit short in comparison to the test drive unit at SC.
No, the test drive units aren’t modified

How about the 10k people pay for full self driving that does not drive itself and possibly never will.
Can't speak on whether that influenced their deliveries before EOQ or not. There was not enough discussion or data here for that, but you might be right. I can definitely see them doing that. Not to even mention the $10k increase in base price which probably moved all of us before-10k to the back of the line.

By the by, gave Tesla a quick call, and asked about how it states carbon fiber interior is September, but my account states July. Was told that they get this call alllllll the time, and that July is just thrown out there randomly by the system, and to go by the site when buying - i.e. September.

I don't wanna wait that long. HAAAALP!
Yeah and I was told by our Tesla RM (who received an email from the Tesla Corp "Demand Planning" Dept) 3rd week of June who said my build -- white seats w/ carbon fiber should be okay for Aug delivery but bear in mind that I ordered 2/5/21. I think what it says on the website (which changes quite often) seems to be for new orders or perhaps orders placed in the past month or two.

Many people are also saying that the Plaid is the better choice for them; but somehow, no LR owners ever get criticized, just the Plaid owners.🤷‍♂️ Certain people say in a nutshell, "I can't believe you spent all of that extra money for just one more motor," when in reality the difference between the cars in much bigger. In some cases, the Plaid owners are actually enthusiastically talking about the LR, such as @Aleks0404, and @Drew-MS. These people are actually rooting for the LR, and yet they have Plaids on order. So why is there a difference in treatment of the Plaid owners?

(BTW @AnselmDante, absolutely nothing against you at all.:) You've actually always been very reasonable when it comes to comparing the two.)

(Disclaimer: I know that not ALL of the LR owners are like this. Therefore I'm not saying all of them are this way towards Plaid owners.)
Because as a general rule, people like to punch up rather than down. A lot of LR buyers simply cannot afford a Plaid, so they are mocking the extra cost as means of coping with what they cannot have. Plaid buyers have no reason to do the same about a clearly inferior performance car. If they do, they are not compensating, they are just shitty people. Either way, anyone who is offended by the other group of buyers comments clearly are not comfortable with their decision, and they need too much validation.

I am one of those people that cannot afford a Plaid, but you'll never see me mocking the ones who can. I whine to my wife about how much I would love to have the Plaid, a car that I truly believe will be looked upon 10 years from now as a pivotal moment in performance vehicles. At the end of the day, I know a 3 second 0-60 is twice as fast as my last performance car, and will be more than enough to thrill me when I drive, so the LR is what I am getting. I made my choice long before I came to these forums, and it is based on my needs, circumstances, and means. No ones opinion here will affect my choice, or how I feel about it. It's too bad not everyone is as comfortable with their own choices.

So since this is my first Tesla (if it ever gets here), what do I do if this happens to me?
The systems that drive the car and the systems that run the display, etc are separate, so the later could die and the former will continue to work and the car will drive and drive systems will operate. Pull over and try a manual reboot (hold down both thumbwheels unit center screen reboots).

Because as a general rule, people like to punch up rather than down. A lot of LR buyers simply cannot afford a Plaid, so they are mocking the extra cost as means of coping with what they cannot have. Plaid buyers have no reason to do the same about a clearly inferior performance car. If they do, they are not compensating, they are just shitty people. I am one of those people that cannot afford a Plaid, but you'll never see me mocking the ones who can. Either way, anyone who is offended by the other group of buyers comments clearly are not comfortable with their decision, and they need too much validation.

I am one of those people that cannot afford a Plaid, but you'll never see me mocking the ones who can. I whine to my wife about how much I would love to have the Plaid, a car that I truly believe will be looked upon 10 years from now as a pivotal moment in performance vehicles. At the end of the day, I know a 3 second 0-60 is twice as fast as my last performance car, and will be more than enough to thrill me when I drive, so the LR is what I am getting. I made my choice long before I came to these forums, and it is based on my needs, circumstances, and means. No ones opinion here will affect my choice, or how I feel about it. It's too bad not everyone is as comfortable with their own choices.
I could not have said it better if I tried. For the record, remember that I actually don't have an order in for either. This is just something that I have seen on the forum since Day 1 of coming here, and it was really getting on my nerves. Again, beautifully put my friend! :)

I dunno, I've done 7 or 8 back-to-back 0-60 runs and they have all been with 0.1 sec of each other--that seems pretty robotic

Because as a general rule, people like to punch up rather than down. A lot of LR buyers simply cannot afford a Plaid, so they are mocking the extra cost as means of coping with what they cannot have. Plaid buyers have no reason to do the same about a clearly inferior performance car. If they do, they are not compensating, they are just shitty people. Either way, anyone who is offended by the other group of buyers comments clearly are not comfortable with their decision, and they need too much validation.

This is it thanks for putting this nicely together. We are all family regardless. 🍾🚀

I am not sure *anybody* should feel the need to justify their choice here. I mean buying any $100K+ car is an exercise in rationalization, not sure how much matters.
Here’s my take on Plaid vs. LR. I’m 67 years old. I drive like the old man that I am. If I was 35 I’d buy the Plaid. It is a trailblazing car. But it would be a waste of money at my age. I’m not going to challenge anyone to a race - not even another old guy.

I’m buying the LR for the range and the charging network. And I like being green.

I am not sure *anybody* should feel the need to justify their choice here. I mean buying any $100K+ car is an exercise in rationalization, not sure how much matters.

I'll be the first to admit it's a lot of money, - spending an extra $50k for Plaid performance. But once you experience it... gawd... it's otherworldly. Life is too short, anyway. If you can afford it, do it.

Many people are also saying that the Plaid is the better choice for them; but somehow, no LR owners ever get criticized, just the Plaid owners.🤷‍♂️ Certain people say in a nutshell, "I can't believe you spent all of that extra money for just one more motor," when in reality the difference between the cars is much bigger. In some cases, the Plaid owners are actually enthusiastically talking about the LR, such as @Aleks0404, and @Drew-MS. These people are actually rooting for the LR, and yet they have Plaids on order. So why is there a difference in treatment of the Plaid owners?

(BTW @AnselmDante, absolutely nothing against you at all.:) You've actually always been very reasonable when it comes to comparing the two.)

(Disclaimer: I know that not ALL of the LR owners are like this. Therefore I'm not saying all of them are this way towards Plaid owners.)
You are too rational for the internet. Please see the exit. Someone will pickup liking every post.