Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, I am new to Tesla and just ordered a Plaid yesterday. Moving from my modified GTR so going to be different. At first website said a deliver date of September but after I completed the order it changed to July. Will see what happens.

Welcome - I just took delivery of my first Tesla. Remember, all you need to know about the process and car (as well as Bugatti, motorcycles, weather, radar detectors, recipes, hairstyles, @umair239 uncensored word of the day to describe Tesla, etc.) is here on this thread.

As a new owner and first time EV, I can say it is worth putting up with all the crap.

Funny. I honestly am happy for him that he has a successful business even though it was uncessary to divulge all that (I didn’t read through that diatribe but was completely expecting it), the world is full of people tearing other’s success down. I don’t want to be that. However, he literally has to comment on everything and most of it is not worth the text its taking up on my screen. I just corrected him, and he took offense. Guess he’s not used to that. I don’t know. I’m sorry to have done my own part to derail this thread. But his tirade is pretty ridiculous and I’m sure its just exposing him for who he really is. I’m not the “tool” here.

It really is exhausting to try to sift through 20+ pages a day just to get a few nuggets of helpful information!

It is up to 50+ pages to get a few nuggets...

Attachments

• REX.jpeg
    REX.jpeg
    906.9 KB · Views: 56
Hi all, I am new to Tesla and just ordered a Plaid yesterday. Moving from my modified GTR so going to be different. At first website said a deliver date of September but after I completed the order it changed to July. Will see what happens.
From another former (modded) GT-R owner, welcome to the club! 👍 :cool: Not sure if you've driven an EV before, but if not, you're going to FLIP OUT! As visceral and powerful as the GT-R is, the MS Plaid is going to knock your socks off. 😜

If I could actually get ahold of the service department I imagine mine is going [back] in. Sent something to my SA this morning to see if they could help, ghosting me.
You don’t actually need to reach anyone to schedule service. Just go to your Tesla app and scroll down to service. Describe the issues and provide pictures if applicable, and then pick your service location and date.

That's probably the torque vectoring from the dual rear motors in addition to the improved chassis and suspension.

The Acura SH-AWD system was amazing. It over-speeds the outside wheel(s) to push you around corners. You had to be on the gas to get the effect so it took some time getting used to, but it was unreal and a real joy on high-speed twisty roads. I imagine your MS is doing something very similar.

The cornering was amazing. It took me time to get comfortable with it, but I definitely wasn't near the limits, and it easily took bends in the mountains like a composed sports car.

You might be onto something here. The Roadster program is on radio silence, Elon said one of the reasons for canceling Plaid+ was no one needed more than 400 miles range (so then who needs 620?), engineers may not be able to design a car to significantly outperform Plaid so what’s the business case? Wouldn’t surprise me at all if it ends up as one of those concept cars the legacy manufacturers display but never produce. And seriously, if they can design the car for 250MPH, now you’re getting into hyper exotic tires that will cost as much as a Model 3.
I'm not so sure that would even be possible. Tesla can't just happily forget the people who put all $250,000 down, and the 80 referral winners. And what about the people who put 50k down? That's a good way to make people happy..... I don't even think that they can cancel it now.🙂Also, they're clearly still making it, as Elon is still talking about it fairly regularly:

Last edited:
Okay, so I received an update from our SC Mgr...my RN is supposedly "in the production planning stage" which goes along with what someone here on TMC said the other day in that the guys at Tesla Corp were supposed to have a meeting about the next phase of "production planning." So, can't say that this is the best news (in that my build and other builds like it @Aleks0404 -- white ext w/ white seats/cf trim are currently being built but they're at least getting ready for it, lol) but it's a step forward I think. My account is still blank with no est delivery.

So, anyone know the typical time frame of "production planning" to actual production/VIN assignment and I think we all know likely delivery 2-3 weeks after that to the East Coast (S FL in my case)? 🤔

Last edited:
Okay, so I received an update from our SC Mgr...my RN is supposedly "in the planning stage" which goes along with what someone here on TMC said the other day in that the guys at Tesla Corp were supposed to have a meeting about the next phase of "production planning." So, can't say that this is the best news (in that my build and other builds like it @Aleks0404 -- white ext w/ white seats/cf trim are currently being built but they're at least getting ready for it, lol).

So, anyone know the typical time frame of "production planning" to actual production/VIN assignment and I think we call know likely delivery 2-3 weeks after that to the East Coast (S FL in my case)? 🤔
Thx for sharing i told you VIN is incoming :cool:

I'm not so sure that would even be possible. Tesla can't just happily forget the people who put all non-refundable $250,000 down, and the 80 referral winners. And what about the people who put 50k down, which was also non-refundable? That's a good way to make people happy..... I don't even think that they can cancel it now.🙂Also, they're clearly still making it, as Elon is still talking about it fairly regularly:

Deposits are refundable. Mine hit my account Wednesday 😊

You are onto something with the referrals tho. Not sure how they square that circle.

I ordered a Plaid Tuesday and my EDD was July until this morning, now blank. You haven’t updated your title or signature on your profile so we can’t see if you are 21” or 19” wheels. If 21s, you just went to the front of the line and July is a real possibility. If 19s, well, no telling when you’ll get your car.