Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like most of these cars have the 19" white wheels.
Is it possible that these cars are only for the 19" wheels?
So when the boat arrives with the 19s. suddenly everyone will be on the schedule for delivery?
Why can't these cars be fitted with the 21s?

All of them can accept either 19" or 21" wheels. So if there was a shortage of 19" wheels they could have just as easily slapped Arachnids and 21" tires on them, reprinted the Mulroney sticker, and shipped them out.

It would make no sense to have millions of dollars of inventory depreciating in a parking lot, when it could be sold to lots of eager buyers.

Sound familiar.
It’s way worse than dealing with Tesla! I remember, many years ago, going to buy a Mustang GT with my mother. When we arrived at the Ford dealership, it had an additional dealer markup of $10,000. I walked away and never bought a Mustang.

Completely off topic but I need to say this to everyone waiting for their refreshed cars.

I was/ am disgusted with the way Tesla handles customers, deliveries with no communication possible. My feelings toward Tesla bordered on hatred.

I have owned the car for 3 weeks now. It’s my first ev. EOQ delivery where the guy did not have enough time to go over anything as he had 2 more deliveries to make.

I am absolutely in love with the car, the wall charger and find new stuff everyday that seems unbelievable. In many ways my S seems to be as much about tech as it is automobile.

I will never go bAck to a gasoline car. And I believe no one in The business will catch up to Tesla for at least 5 years. I am so impressed by everything about it. The way it drives, handles, accelerates and the driving software is unbelievable. I have started using cruise control on the freeways (I don’t have FSD). The manner it handles curves on the highway and slows or speeds up as necessary is amazing. I know that when I am taking on a curve in the freeway, the car stays right in the middle of the lane I am driving in much better fashion than if I was manually guiding it through a curve.

Love love love this car to the point I almost forget the way I felt Mistreated for the past 6 months waiting.

Yesterday I had all the windows, roof and windshield with 3m crystalline. I was so happy with the job, I am bringing the car back tomorrow for the full front PPF.

I understand everyone’s frustration with Tesla but that feeling is almost gone and I am just loving my mew S.

Did I mention that I LOVE this car?!!!!’😀 so happy
And people get mad at me for being a Tesla defender (when I really do not think I am being one) when I say.....

99% of my interaction is with the hardware and I could not be happier.
.9% of my interaction is with service which is always helpful, kind and interested in having happy customers even if they do not always know the answers.
.1% of my interaction is with the business side whose moral compass is broken or perhaps was never there.

I have to deal with them, on average, once every year an a half given both my wife and I are hooked on the cars. I know which end of the snake I'm picking up and, almost always, need a shower when the deal is done.

Did I say I absolutely love these cars?????

Completely off topic but I need to say this to everyone waiting for their refreshed cars.

I was/ am disgusted with the way Tesla handles customers, deliveries with no communication possible. My feelings toward Tesla bordered on hatred.

I have owned the car for 3 weeks now. It’s my first ev. EOQ delivery where the guy did not have enough time to go over anything as he had 2 more deliveries to make.

I am absolutely in love with the car, the wall charger and find new stuff everyday that seems unbelievable. In many ways my S seems to be as much about tech as it is automobile.

I will never go bAck to a gasoline car. And I believe no one in The business will catch up to Tesla for at least 5 years. I am so impressed by everything about it. The way it drives, handles, accelerates and the driving software is unbelievable. I have started using cruise control on the freeways (I don’t have FSD). The manner it handles curves on the highway and slows or speeds up as necessary is amazing. I know that when I am taking on a curve in the freeway, the car stays right in the middle of the lane I am driving in much better fashion than if I was manually guiding it through a curve.

Love love love this car to the point I almost forget the way I felt Mistreated for the past 6 months waiting.

Yesterday I had all the windows, roof and windshield with 3m crystalline. I was so happy with the job, I am bringing the car back tomorrow for the full front PPF.

I understand everyone’s frustration with Tesla but that feeling is almost gone and I am just loving my mew S.

Did I mention that I LOVE this car?!!!!’😀 so happy
I don’t see too many posts of folks praising the communications, wait,or overall buying experience, but I have yet to see anyone who is unhappy with their purchase. Basically, seems like we have to grin bear it, and eventually the car will be our payoff. Looking forward to joining that club!

Have you guys seen "Estimated Delivery" line completely gone???? gave me a window before than only the month afterwards. Now the whole line is gone..
1626915851091.jpeg

All of them can accept either 19" or 21" wheels. So if there was a shortage of 19" wheels they could have just as easily slapped Arachnids and 21" tires on them, reprinted the Mulroney sticker, and shipped them out.

It would make no sense to have millions of dollars of inventory depreciating in a parking lot, when it could be sold to lots of eager buyers.
Are you sure the 19” and 21” packages are interchangeable? I don’t know if there are more components involved, etc. I would agree if the lonely dusty 450 are waiting for 19” wheels, and it was possible to go to 21”, I’d imagine they would have gotten them out the door.

I don’t see too many posts of folks praising the communications, wait,or overall buying experience, but I have yet to see anyone who is unhappy with their purchase. Basically, seems like we have to grin bear it, and eventually the car will be our payoff. Looking forward to joining that club!
Or frown (grumpily) and bear it. As I've been saying to myself since January, it's only a month or two...

Are you sure the 19” and 21” packages are interchangeable? I don’t know if there are more components involved, etc. I would agree if the lonely dusty 450 are waiting for 19” wheels, and it was possible to go to 21”, I’d imagine they would have gotten them out the door.
Yes, you easily could put the 21s on a car delivered with 19s or the other way around.

Think about the example from the delivery event. Someone posted a drone showing cars at the event had 19s. They were then swapped to 21s. No structural or frame changes.

Last edited: