Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Completely off topic but I need to say this to everyone waiting for their refreshed cars.

I was/ am disgusted with the way Tesla handles customers, deliveries with no communication possible. My feelings toward Tesla bordered on hatred.

I have owned the car for 3 weeks now. It’s my first ev. EOQ delivery where the guy did not have enough time to go over anything as he had 2 more deliveries to make.

I am absolutely in love with the car, the wall charger and find new stuff everyday that seems unbelievable. In many ways my S seems to be as much about tech as it is automobile.

I will never go bAck to a gasoline car. And I believe no one in The business will catch up to Tesla for at least 5 years. I am so impressed by everything about it. The way it drives, handles, accelerates and the driving software is unbelievable. I have started using cruise control on the freeways (I don’t have FSD). The manner it handles curves on the highway and slows or speeds up as necessary is amazing. I know that when I am taking on a curve in the freeway, the car stays right in the middle of the lane I am driving in much better fashion than if I was manually guiding it through a curve.

Love love love this car to the point I almost forget the way I felt Mistreated for the past 6 months waiting.

Yesterday I had all the windows, roof and windshield with 3m crystalline. I was so happy with the job, I am bringing the car back tomorrow for the full front PPF.

I understand everyone’s frustration with Tesla but that feeling is almost gone and I am just loving my mew S.

Did I mention that I LOVE this car?!!!!’😀 so happy
Also a first time EV owner and refreshed model S recipient. I absolutely concur with you and your observations. Received my Plaid July 1st after ordering January 30th so my wait was only 5 months. At this point I don’t even think about the time and anxiety that I experienced. They say it’s all about time and money but with this car it’s really about this beautiful vehicle going 0 to 60 in 2 seconds. Which I think I’ve done a few times although my Dragy is giving me some trouble. BTW, at 75 am I the only septuagenarian on this forum?

Yep, ordered my first Tesla so consuming all the info on this forum. 😀 Any input for future reference would be appreciated 👍
well I would say welcome, and try not to check your account every 5 mins or less, as it will cause you more headaches than we can all state. however, you will anyway. communication is very lacking during this part of the order. Some SA's are better than others, but they know just about as much as we do. depending on the SA. once you get a VIN assigned to your account, you should receive a email requesting to pay you final balance if you are paying cash or finalize your loan/lease paperwork. some people did not receive this email, and only found out they had a vin by checking the account. if you order a MSLR or MSP with 19in wheels you will be waiting a little for the car, as those cars don't begin delivery until august according to Tesla. currently their is a hold on all deliveries on MS supposedly, or at least the latest one that were built. order numbers don't really mean much. its just stating to Tesla that you ordered something and what you ordered. if they are building that config, for your location you have a higher chance of getting it faster. Also If someone cxl their order and you match it exactly including the DC location you might jump the line even faster. but its really anyone guesses how this works. everyone is great here, minus a few LMAO, however no judgement from me. enjoy.

Probably been asked but too many pages to search. I have a NEMA 14-50 outlet on a 50 amp in my garage. Have the refreshed S’s delivering with a 20’ charging cable with a few different adapters like a basic 120 and a 14-50? Thanks in advance.
You have buy this. If the link doesn’t populate correctly, select 14-50 in the drop down. Gen 2 NEMA Adapters

I'm not sure I'm ready for the disappointment of not coming to this thread every day after the car is delivered. I mean... this place is my rock.
just check in from time to time. I did that in the model 3 forums and you will be surprised at how it changed but didn't change at all, and you get to tell everyone about how the wait was compared to now. and that the car is totally worth the wait in the long run.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Also a first time EV owner and refreshed model S recipient. I absolutely concur with you and your observations. Received my Plaid July 1st after ordering January 30th so my wait was only 5 months. At this point I don’t even think about the time and anxiety that I experienced. They say it’s all about time and money but with this car it’s really about this beautiful vehicle going 0 to 60 in 2 seconds. Which I think I’ve done a few times although my Dragy is giving me some trouble. BTW, at 75 am I the only septuagenarian on this forum?
Anyone here who wasn't a septuagenarian prior to 2021, probably is now!

@2021plaid we are matching our signatures :D 🙄😁😁☺️☺️

Screenshot_20210721-215213_Chrome.jpg

I am considering replacing my 21 inch Arachnids with 20 inch forged TSportline TS117’s which according to the manufacturer weigh about 28 pounds per wheel. I know it’s been noted before but what is the weight of the Arachnids?

You may want to take a look at this post from Signature Wheel:

Signature Wheel x Secret-EV Performance

SS Track Package Deal:

Option 1: $600 OFF per set + Free Friction Lock ($400 value)

1. Rahul P. (20" SV104)
2. @icefree (21" SV307s)
3. Brook W. from Dragtime (20" SV104)
4. George S. (19" SV104)
5. @kgoroway (19" sV104)

Option 2: $500 OFF per set + Free Friction Lock ($400 value) + Free Secret-EV Performance Lug nut ($370 value)
(6 sets left)

1. Brain H. (21" SV309s)
2. Joe S. (20" sV602)
3. Robert K. (19" SV104)
4. @uthatcher (20" SV103)

Bonus: Free Detail Arsenal Beadlock Pro 30ml Kit | Ceramic Coating to all orders once the slots are filled ($115 value)

DM now to place an other. $2500 Deposit is all you need to secrue the spot.:)

View attachment 685715

19” Monoblock retail is $5,000
20” Monoblock retail is $5,500
21” Monoblock retail is $6,000
22” Monoblock retail is $6,500 / set of 4.
(+ $1000 for the multi piece)

• Helpful
Reactions: EndlessPlaid