Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Between the holds, lack of wheels (for unknown reasons), freezing/software issues, etc…. It’s becoming more and more of a turn off as if we’re getting some beta car. Not to mention stuff that apparently 3/Y have that S/X don’t.

Yeah we literally just ordered it. Went from “October” to “September 10 - September 30” to now “September 2 - September 22”. But as we know Tesla monkey can’t be trusted. Either way the order experience feels much better than my MS.
Agreed, the stuff they offered to 3/Y users and not to S/X for years is infuriating. This actually spoiled 3/Y users to where now that they are seeing some features exclusive to S/X like perforated seats, some users are asking Musk on twitter if Tesla can offer these seats for 3/Y at extra cost. This does not make any sense at all. There were also rumors of Tesla bringing air suspension to 3/Y. I swear if they did that it will prove that Tesla is run by f*cking morons and I will seriously look to distance myself from this brand. there is only so much idiotic decisions I as a user can tolerate. They just can't get their sh*t together.

Reactions: Ramphex and glide
Seems like the agreement box is visible for everyone. Just the website improvement I think
Yup, I got one too.
Untitled.jpg

Agreed, the stuff they offered to 3/Y users and not to S/X for years is infuriating. This actually spoiled 3/Y users to where now that they are seeing some features exclusive to S/X like perforated seats, some users are asking Musk on twitter if Tesla can offer these seats for 3/Y at extra cost. This does not make any sense at all. There were also rumors of Tesla bringing air suspension to 3/Y. I swear if they did that it will prove that Tesla is run by f*cking morons and I will seriously look to distance myself from this brand. there is only so much idiotic decisions I as a user can tolerate. They just can't get their sh*t together.

Since they care mostly about the bottom line, it will keep Tesla from adding such features as air suspension. It is very costly to add a good air suspension and it would drive the price in the wrong direction for the 3/Y and complicate the vehicle more. Pretty sure it was scrapped for the 3/Y.

Since they care mostly about the bottom line, it will keep Tesla from adding such features as air suspension. It is very costly to add a good air suspension and it would drive the price in the wrong direction for the 3/Y and complicate the vehicle more. Pretty sure it was scrapped for the 3/Y.
Elon denied the air suspension for the Model 3 soon after it was first leaked. It's the same reason that there won't a Model 3 Plaid: too costly, and they have to keep the Model 3 properly distanced from the Model S in the lineup. The Model 3 MAY get a launch mode in the future, but that's about all.

However, Tesla is not telling them what they are inspecting and why it can’t give a new delivery date. Based on buyer reports, the hold appears to be in place since last weekend. Some buyers have expressed concerns that it could related to the Tesla Model S Plaid fire from last month, but there’s no clear evidence of that at the moment. CEO Elon Musk has previously commented that one of the reasons for the delay between the launch in January and the start of deliveries in June was to “make sure that the Model S’ new battery pack was safe.”

This is the *sugar* I hate about Tesla media coverage--layer speculation on top of more speculation and then report it as news. The only actual fact is that Tesla appears to have slowed down to stopped deliveries, but that headline would not get clicks. This is why I understand Elon's stance on media and PR: hold delivery for QA and you get PR drama, deliver cars and then fix the cars with a recall/TSB/service campaign and you still get PR drama. As much I hate it, the right thing is to keep quiet and not feed the machine.

Based on Tesla's prior behavior, if there was an actual safety issue, Tesla would not screw around, and I have not seen any changes in my car and only received 2 nondescript OTA updates. My guess is that there is something not working quite right and they trying to figure out if they can address it with a software fix or they need a hardware fix. If the former, they need to test and validate it works and if its the latter, it will be simpler and easier to implement if Tesla has possession of the cars.

Did they tell you to pound sand when you proposed no charge for the 21's?
Conversation with someone who said she had the ability to adjust vehicle pricing-

“you promised a June delivery and you did not deliver in June”. Yes

“I did not agree to pay more for the car. Tesla made the change to 21s, not me. I did not order 21s on my Plaid+ or my Plaid orders. I do not use your rims and do not want them. “. Yes

“Tesla has comp’d 21s to make EoQ deliveries but is refusing to do so to meet a delivery commitment”. Yes

“What do you think is right about the above?” No answer apart from decline delivery and we will put you back in the queue.

I was just about to loose my stuff so it was time to end the call.

I just hopped on the forum and did a written scream.

This is the *sugar* I hate about Tesla media coverage--layer speculation on top of more speculation and then report it as news. The only actual fact is that Tesla appears to have slowed down to stopped deliveries, but that headline would not get clicks. This is why I understand Elon's stance on media and PR: hold delivery for QA and you get PR drama, deliver cars and then fix the cars with a recall/TSB/service campaign and you still get PR drama. As much I hate it, the right thing is to keep quiet and not feed the machine.

Based on Tesla's prior behavior, if there was an actual safety issue, Tesla would not screw around, and I have not seen any changes in my car and only received 2 nondescript OTA updates. My guess is that there is something not working quite right and they trying to figure out if they can address it with a software fix or they need a hardware fix. If the former, they need to test and validate it works and if its the latter, it will be simpler and easier to implement if Tesla has possession of the cars.
They could get in front of it by communicating directly

Oh and the fact that my SA in person (when we went to test drive a MY) was all like “oh please contact me with any questions you have or any rumors you want me to clear up” is kind of pissing me off. I emailed her 7 days ago with some rumors/questions I was curious about, and she has yet to answer. Worthless employee - literally only there to help people through the configurator and bring around a car to test drive (even couldn’t do that right without grabbing the wrong key)
I strongly support Tesla to make it all automated to where the only interaction we have is with their tech team. There is no reason to keep employees at the SCs who are either voluntarily brain dead or are not given any info from the engineering team to where they can't answer a lick of questions from new customers

Looks like everyone got this new agreement section, regardless of order status.
Here's the code from the updated account page:

Code:
                    "agreement": {
                        "accept": "Accept",
                        "agreements": "Agreements",
                        "back": "Back",
                        "backToTeslaAccount": "Back to Tesla Account",
                        "byAccepting": "By accepting, I am electronically signing the documents provided above and agreeing to the ##teslaESignConsentLink##. I acknowledge that I can review the full text of the documents prior to signing.",
                        "continue": "Continue",
                        "enterDateOfBirth": "Enter Date of Birth",
                        "error": {
                            "agreementsNotAvailable": "Agreements are not available. Please try again later.",
                            "invalidDob": "Invalid date of birth",
                            "unableToConnect": "There was a problem connecting to the server. Please try again later.",
                            "unableToProcess": "There was a problem processing your request. Please confirm your order details and try again."
                        },
                        "packetName": {
                            "DMV": "Registration",
                            "INCENTIVES": "Incentives",
                            "LEASING": "Leasing",
                            "LENDING": "Lending",
                            "TRADEIN": "Trade-In"
                        },
                        "reviewToContinue": "Review and accept agreement to continue",
                        "status": {
                            "availableAtDelivery": "Your agreements will be available for your review during your delivery appointment",
                            "availableWithin24hrsSubtitle": "Your agreements will be available for your review within 24 hours of your delivery appointment",
                            "completeTitle": "Your signed agreements are available for download in the Documents section",
                            "notAvailableTitle": "Agreements Not Available",
                            "notifiedOnceAvailable": "You will be notified once your agreements are available for review",
                            "pendingAcceptanceSubtitle": "Your agreements will be available for download upon co-signer's acceptance",
                            "pendingAcceptanceTitle": "Pending Co-signer Acceptance",
                            "regeneratedSubtitle": "Your agreements have been updated. Review and accept to avoid delays in delivery",
                            "regeneratingTitle": "Regenerating Agreements",
                            "reviewCta": "REVIEW",
                            "reviewSubtitle": "Review and accept your agreements now to avoid delays in delivery",
                            "reviewTitle": "Review Agreements",
                            "tryAgainSubtitle": "Try again in a few moments"
                        },
                        "teslaESignConsent": "Tesla eSign Consent",
                        "tryAgain": "Try again"
                    },