Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a set of pretty much new 19" slipstreams with the Michelin All Season Touring tires on them. Tires and wheels have no rash and have maybe 600 miles on them. Im guessing these would be perfect for those with Arachnids who need a winter tire set. Im in Virginia if interested in making a fair deal. PM me

• Helpful
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I can guarantee that no one in the US has a 220 outlet in their garage. Well............I guess they COULD have a 220 outlet if their run from the main panel to the outlet was so long that they got a 20 volt voltage drop.
I can guarantee that no one in the US has a 220 outlet in their garage. Well............I guess they COULD have a 220 outlet if their run from the main panel to the outlet was so long that they got a 20 volt voltage drop.
Worked for me. No voltage drop noted. Of course, I've yet to GET MY FREAKIN CAR TO PLUG IT IN!!!! WHERE'S MY CAR ELON??? :) 63892137019__AD3A3304-3425-4797-861E-688380E73264.jpeg

I when from August to July 26-August 9 today. No VIN yet.
It’s hard to see how they could possibly delivery by July 26 or 27 so I don’t understand why they even include those dates in the date range. Of course, I should know enough to not assume any logic in the assignment of EDDs.
LR/blue/black/21/FSD RN11471 3/28.

Yep. Makes no sense. I see:

Estimated Delivery: July 26 - August 07​

Makes zero sense. RN11526.

I used to care and refresh like a mad man, then after being super salty, I don’t even want the car anymore lol. It borderline makes me nauseous to get this type of service for this price (In b4 “but the other car makers charge more for the same 0-60”). Now I’m playing it by ear for whenever they decide to try to deliver it. Might just decline it and stick with my Evo and enjoy my lady’s MY for my Tesla funsies.

"To PPF or not to PPF... that is the question"

The sitch:
- First time mom of a car I absolutely adore (her name is Contessa, and she's a bad ass!)
- I keep my cars well until their teenage years. No leasing here.
- Live in SoCal with temps regularly >100F in summer
- Contessa lives in a garage, but has to stay outside in the sun while mommy is at work
- My daily driver for city streets, LA freeways, from beach / SF / LA / desert and local mountains. Unlikely out of state or cold weather, but lots of semi trucks on freeways and nasty dusty winds (and smoke and dust from our wildfires and Santa Ana winds).

For sure I'm planning ceramic and window tints, but really interested in the forum's recommendations for:
  1. Would you recommend PPF in my case? Full front? Those of you who do ceramic only -- why did you pass on PPF?
  2. What amount of tint? I have MSM with cream interior, so may be able to push it a little. (I like @omarsultan's idea of equal 55% throughout to keep the California po-po from getting interested in my out-of-spec front window but would love to hear other folks' ideas)
  3. What products are y'all recommending
  4. And probably most important: Who can I trust in SoCal to take care of my baby? (IE preferred, but willing to drive)
Def interested in the same info. I live in rural east Texas and temps get into the "Stupid" range (the official Weather Channel designation) and I drive rural country roads and busy Dallas traffic.

I used to care and refresh like a mad man, then after being super salty, I don’t even want the car anymore lol. It borderline makes me nauseous to get this type of service for this price (In b4 “but the other car makers charge more for the same 0-60”). Now I’m playing it by ear for whenever they decide to try to deliver it. Might just decline it and stick with my Evo and enjoy my lady’s MY for my Tesla funsies.
I go through the same emotions lol

Your signature says you ordered a Y for your wife 7/18 and it shows September delivery... I ordered one for my wife in May and it shows October... wtf, lol

I do too, but not because of the delay and lack of communication. I’ve been watching all the videos and I’m not 💯 % sold on the yolk and going back to a low car. The more time I wait, the more I second-guess my order. I might be happier with the MY I reserved.
Between the holds, lack of wheels (for unknown reasons), freezing/software issues, etc…. It’s becoming more and more of a turn off as if we’re getting some beta car. Not to mention stuff that apparently 3/Y have that S/X don’t.
Your signature says you ordered a Y for your wife 7/18 and it shows September delivery... I ordered one for my wife in May and it shows October... wtf, lol
Yeah we literally just ordered it. Went from “October” to “September 10 - September 30” to now “September 2 - September 22”. But as we know Tesla monkey can’t be trusted. Either way the order experience feels much better than my MS.

Estimated date is now gone. Was August. Just like others.

Pretty tired of this *sugar*. Out on vacation now but seriously consider going another direction when I get back. Less annoyed and delays, more annoyed about the cavalier attitude of Elon.
Same here, was showing August since my order date including this morning, now no EDD.

A text from service this morning told me that they see no concerns (yet) with my already delivered (6/29) S. They do not have any addiitonal information beyond that but apparently are not being told to look at anything outside the hold.
I called them, I got the same response on the phone. Could very will be so many people complaining about the lack of features in the software that they decided to halt because the SC's were getting overwhelmed with complaints.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I'm confused about the EPA ratings. Here are two example from the EPA site:
  • MS LR 19", EPA Range = 405 Mi., EPA 28 kWh/100 Mi. (.28kWh/Mi.). That implies a battery pack size of 113.4 kWh!
  • MS Plaid 21", EPA Range = 348 Mi., EPA 33 kWh/100 Mi. (.33kWh/Mi). That implies a battery pack size of 121.8 kWh!
Can someone please tell my what I'm doing wrong? It seems to me that if a car consumes .28 kWh/Mi. and the battery pack is 100 kWh, then the range would be 100(kWh)/.28(kWh/Mi.)=357 Mi. for the LR 19" and 100(kWh)/.33(kWh/Mi.)=303 Mi. for the Plaid 21"
Source: