Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First time poster (Chicago), been creeping on here for a month or two. Black/cream/arachnid/no FSD getting delivered this Friday at 1:00. Absolutely thrilled. First time EV buyer. Ive driven a little bit of everything out there including a few sub 3.0 second cars. Curious to see how this compares. Glad to see the absolutely stellar reviews on YouTube and TMC.

Here is my last few weeks

7/5: ordered Blue/white/21 MS LR after watching initial videos/reaction and seeing/hearing stellar things
removed FSD (No updated price change, to my surprise)
7/19: Had a beer. Watched YouTube. Got impatient ——> $100 deposit for black/cream/21 MS Plaid
8/1: Receive VIN. Get email to complete payment

Now targeting pick up this Friday 7/13 at 1:00. So 3 weeks, 4 days from order to delivery.

For those in Chicago or the north side suburbs - anyone recommend a good PPF shop with fair pricing? Also, does anyone have pics of moderately dark (20%) all around tints on a Black Plaid?
Chicago Auto Pros (Glenview) quoted me $12k for Xpel stealth full wrap, 9k for non matte finish. If you find one that is more reasonable would love to know.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Ordered it from dipyourcar.com, had it to do over I might go with a gloss black, I chose flat black.
I’m going to ask the guys that are going to do my Plaid’s ceramic coating to see if they’ll just black out the front & rear logos (wrap maybe?).

Btw - is yours a LR or Plaid? Seems like your cf rear spoiler is a little smaller than all the ones found on the Plaid? And your sig shows a white/cream LR, so did you add the PLAID logo and older or aftermarket cf spoiler to your LR? Not judging; just asking since you know others on TMC will notice these details while most people in your area won’t know the difference.

Last edited:
I’m going to ask the guys that are going to do my Plaid’s ceramic coating to see if they’ll just black out the front & rear logos (wrap maybe?).

Btw - is yours a LR or Plaid? Seems like your cf rear spoiler is a little smaller than all the ones found on the Plaid? And your sig shows a white/cream LR, so did you add the PLAID logo and older cf spoiler to your LR? Not judging; just asking since you know others on TMC will notice these details while most people in your area won’t know the difference.
Wondered who would be the first to see that, yes, $155.00 my wife will be peacocking around! You can judge me if you like, no need for 3 motors here.

Btw - is yours a LR or Plaid? Seems like your cf rear spoiler is a little smaller than all the ones found on the Plaid? And your sig shows a white/cream LR, so did you add the PLAID logo and older or aftermarket cf spoiler to your LR? Not judging; just asking since you know others on TMC will notice these details while most people in your area won’t know the difference.
For those with some mechanical skills, "DUAL MOTOR " Emblem is same font and size as PLAID. Got to make a couple of adjustments and you have......

Attachments

• D696BA34-601B-4365-9C24-9D8C47F88AEA.jpeg
    D696BA34-601B-4365-9C24-9D8C47F88AEA.jpeg
    754.5 KB · Views: 74
"DUAL MOTOR" is the same font and size as "PLAID" So for anyone with some mechanical skills, pretty easy to upgrade 40k. I apologize to those who bought the badge but will never use it, like me, the car is for 52 year old wife. :)

I don't believe that the LR Model S is coming with any badging this time around...except for the Tesla "T"

Am I the only one who isn’t a fan of the carbon fiber trim? It seems like everyone absolutely loves it. I feel like carbon fiber was cool in the 90’s, but feels outdated for 2021. I guess it doesn’t help that I associate CF with the cheap trim covers you can buy from Ali-Express.
Opposite for me. Wood is what my great grand father thought was cool when he was young. You know, when cart were pulled by horses. Oh I don’t think CF in cars dates back to the 90s…

CF is modern, it’s what supercars and formula 1 are made of. Wood is what horse carriage are made of. However, wood adds a touch of warmth to the car so I wouldn’t mind if my car had it, but to me it doesn’t screem modern one second.

Also fake CF is trendy because real CF is trendy. Just like back in the days fake wood was all over cars because real wood was trendy. Those who couldn’t have the real stuff had the fake stuff. 🤷‍♂️