Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And my Tesla account has been blank since June and now it changed today to "Sept 20-30." This is why I think it's actually a nice, real update for hundreds or likely many thousands of Tesla MS orders. As someone also said, they've probably received most or all of the missing parts required to build xxxx number of Tesla MS Plaid & LR to deliver for EOQ rush by the end of Sept...so they decided to update pretty much everyone's accounts (hopefully with somewhat accurate and reliable info & est dates) to fulfill as many "older" MS orders as possible. I was told a week or so ago by our local SC Mgr & RM that they were told by Tesla Corp to expect "mid-Sept - mid-Oct" delivery for me...and voila, today, my account updated to 9/20/21 - 9/30/21...so hopefully it sticks and my order isn't pushed to the 4th QTR, so I can finally tale delivery in Sept. 🙏 👍:cool:
It will be interesting to see if our estimates hold or are changed often.

I’m fortunate that I really don’t need a car soon. The only other car I like (this week) is the new Mercedes S580, and those models are arriving with missing components. All the dealerships have poor selections, AFAIK.

One thing that makes the wait more tolerable, is this forum and this thread. I know of no other automobile forum with this insane (Plaid) level of activity. Y’all are an endless source of information, speculation, and humor!

Edit: Not to forget the @2021plaid bot with advanced artificial intelligence.

Last edited:
I get the sense that these dates might be an underpromise. (crazy, right) I don't have a particular reason for that besides optimism and the availability of the 19" wheels. First one coming on Saturday...

Just feels like 19s are going to start rolling.
I’m hoping too! It seems a lot of people get vins on thursdays… so the next few weeks will be very telling!

Model S Plaid White, White/CF, 19s went from August to February.
Model S LR White, White/Walnut, 19s went from September to February.
Model S LR Red, Black/Ebony Décor, 19s went from blank to Nov. 5th to 25th.
Model S Plaid Black, Black/CF 21s August 11-14th
Guess you are getting a black/black in a few days!

It will be interesting to see if our estimates hold or are changed often.

I’m fortunate that I really don’t need a car soon. The only other car I like (this week) is the new Mercedes S580, and those models are arriving with missing components. All the dealerships have poor selections, AFAIK.

One thing that makes the wait more tolerable, is this forum and this thread. I know of no other automobile forum with this insane (Plaid) level of activity. Y’all are an endless source of information, speculation, and humor!
Yes, this forum and thread are therapeutic! Misery loves company?!! :p

This might be the newest record for shortest delivery. Ordered Monday (8/9) around noon got a VIN minutes later with an EDD of 8/9-8/12. Got a text an hour ago that it's now ready to be picked up tomorrow or delivered Thursday.

I'm going to take it, but my red order like many others has an EDD of 9/14-9/30. Will that hold? I don't even know anymore, but I've made the decision to go with white!

White/Black/CF/21/FSD

Screen Shot 2021-08-10 at 6.41.22 PM.png

Last edited:
This might be the newest record for shortest delivery. Ordered Monday (8/9) around noon got a VIN minutes later with an EDD of 8/9-8/12. Got a text an hour ago that it's now ready to be picked up tomorrow or delivered Thursday.

I'm going to take it, but my red order like many others has an EDD of 9/14-9/30. Will that hold? I don't even know anymore, but I've made the decision to go with white!

White/Black/CF/21/FSD

View attachment 695039
Nice new profile pic, @Maximus023!

White/Black/CF/21/FSD

View attachment 695039
Congrats! Insane how the company is chasing the additional $10k. Their incompetence is being rewarded by customers throwing more money at them lol.

White/Black/CF/21/FSD

View attachment 695039
My exact config but I had to wait over 9 months... you waited a couple days. LOL

White/Black/CF/21/FSD

View attachment 695039
Congrats! As you know, that's my config! I just can't believe how quick you got it. I ordered on battery day, but since I will pay $12k less, I have to wait. Total BS.
Mind you I've taken delivery of 6 cars, all from Van Nuys though. They all knew me really well, I would always come with Pizza or doughnuts whenever I came in for service. Ahhhhh, the good ol' days when Tesla gave a crap about their loyal customers.

Congrats! As you know, that's my config! I just can't believe how quick you got it. I ordered on battery day, but since I will pay $12k less, I have to wait. Total BS.
Mind you I've taken delivery of 6 cars, all from Van Nuys though. They all knew me really well, I would always come with Pizza or doughnuts whenever I came in for service. Ahhhhh, the good ol' days when Tesla gave a crap about their loyal customers.
BOHICA, sadly.

• Love
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Geez… So kind of you and you get shafted by the higher ups. Sorry and like I told EvoLveDx. I'll let you know if you should wait more hahah. You should have been one of the first to get theirs with how many cars you've gotten from them, but it seems like Tesla doesn't give a *sugar about order history. They just care about "influencers" and luck of the draw. It makes me hate doing business with them, but at the end of the day is there a better car that does everything this car can do? Sadly, not right now…

Update from an annoyed lurker.
I ordered the "cheapo" S in blue, cream interior, 19 inch wheels, no FSD back in January, RN11438xxxx. In late May I got a "delivery by 6/23 to 6/30". That vanished in June. On July 2 I got a call from my salesperson that he could give me a white car immediately and I declined. Today I got an email and the website shows 9/23 to 9/30 delivery. So based on past experience with two previous model S, I predict they will call me on 9/29 to see if I can pick it up by end of day 9/30 to take delivery this fiscal quarter.

White/Black/CF/21/FSD

View attachment 695048
Go F#&k yourself.

Congrats. The club adds another

Leo