Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 8/6 -> Plaid Blue, Ebony, 21. Home delivery happening 8/12. Xpel PPF/Tint/Ceramic scheduled for 8/20. Full package is $6100. Need to decide on tint levels. I think I will do 20% rear, 50% front.

Crazy. I have whiplash for how fast this happened. Wife is not happy I paid the $10K Tesla tax to change from white CF to black ebony. But I really don't like the white CF and don't want to live with it. Expensive decision. Sigh. Hopefully the car cheers me up. LOL.

Wife is also worried about sunscreen on the black seats. A legit concern. Dunno what can be done about it.

Wipe off with colorox wipe

Ordered 8/6 -> Plaid Blue, Ebony, 21. Home delivery happening 8/12. Xpel PPF/Tint/Ceramic scheduled for 8/20. Full package is $6100. Need to decide on tint levels. I think I will do 20% rear, 50% front.

Crazy. I have whiplash for how fast this happened. Wife is not happy I paid the $10K Tesla tax to change from white CF to black ebony. But I really don't like the white CF and don't want to live with it. Expensive decision. Sigh. Hopefully the car cheers me up. LOL.

Wife is also worried about sunscreen on the black seats. A legit concern. Dunno what can be done about it.
Congrats! Glad things are finally moving for you!
You got a great price for the PPF/tint!
I am sure you have considered this, but 20%/50% will look quite uneven IMO. Not sure if you want to go for the uniformed look.

So, the dealer let me take home a M3P for the night to test, since I'm seriously considering grabbing one instead. I know it's not an S, but this just sucks.

Likely to stick with the S, but it's a damn fun car.

I truly loved my M3P, but once you get into a refreshed S, LR or Plaid, it just doesn't compare IMO. Pretty much everything about it is better in my opinion.

Almost wish I never saw one in person then I would be happy with an M3P or MYP.

I was quoted $4k for full PPF in LA, some of the other prices you guys are saying seem crazy!

Congrats! Glad things are finally moving for you!
You got a great price for the PPF/tint!
I am sure you have considered this, but 20%/50% will look quite uneven IMO. Not sure if you want to go for the uniformed look.
What would be good for a uniform look without dealing with tickets in Cal?

going with Mr Tint for the ppf. A bit nervous as they aren’t super know for ppf/ceramic install. Guess I will find out. Lol.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
What would be good for a uniform look without dealing with tickets in Cal?

going with Mr Tint for the ppf. A bit nervous as they aren’t super know for ppf/ceramic install. Guess I will find out. Lol.
Honestly, I have never had a problem with 35% all round and its easy to look inside the vehicle. IMO, it provides the perfect balance.
Good luck with Mr Tint, I have had two cars worked on by them for tint. Of late, their reviews are a bit hit and miss though.:)

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I think it would be funny to add Turbo or Turbo S badging to the MS.
Adding tbis to my LR since there are two motors and two turbo.

1628639575840.png