Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What are the first 3 of the last 6 of your vin sequence?
Yeah, that's horseshitt!
Agree. They are in EOQ mode. They want high margins, and will give better dates to folks on the west coast where they don’t have to ship.

if they have to ship, where build date plus ship doesn’t get you into Q3, they will push you to Q4 or Q1.

Does anyone with white/CF interior have a delivery date estimate sooner than February now? I dont feel like going back through 40 pages in this thread…pissed mine was pushed back so far considering I preorder a damn plaid+ on battery day….just want to make sure I’m not the only one
I do, and that order is the end of September date range. I placed it around January. Looks like 19"s are shipping later?
Don't give too much trust to these EDDs though. Somebody here got a VIN after their updated EDD said February.

I'm not buying both cars in my description, but I'm taking whatever comes first and so far that appears to be the wood trim.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Does anyone with white/CF interior have a delivery date estimate sooner than February now? I dont feel like going back through 40 pages in this thread…pissed mine was pushed back so far considering I preorder a damn plaid+ on battery day….just want to make sure I’m not the only one
I have red / white / CF / 21” and my EDD is Nov 11 - Dec 1. I ordered in January 28th.

Can't keep up. Just skipped a couple dozen pages.....

How stupid can any one article get?

On topic. I got the pretty meaningless email. Says 'reflect the most accurate estimate' for delivery. Well now. It's Still. Blank. Not that I care, I'm still fine with waiting it out, but man, the communication. One of the most technologically advanced commercial companies in the world. And this.

Attachments

• 48869352.jpg
    48869352.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 42
I think a better idea would be for someone to build a second order identical to their first one. When they get a match for the higher price, they can tell Tesla "Great! I'll take it! But please transfer it to the 9 month order I already have".
Tesla and Ticketmaster should merge. The companies’ approach to their customers is identical.

Unfortunately, in the excitement in early April, I ordered FSD and cost went up $10K and now if I want to remove it it is a wash with new price. I really hope at the delivery time the person working with me kindly figures out a way to remove the FSD without price increase... Lets see.... Anyone else in the same boat?
No, but let us know if you are successful.

Here is my order timeline.. I really think its just Tesla making the extra $10K.. Clear and simple.

View attachment 695103
Hmm different configs though. In your original order, you have white interior and CF trim, which we know are two items that are/have been in short supply. Your more recent order has the more abundant black interior with wood trim.

If you ordered identical configs, I don’t think the results would be the same as the disparity in EDDs you show here.
Willing to throw $100 at it, I just tested this theory myself given such reports, and my two orders have near identical delivery dates:

RN113953xxx ordered 9/22/2020 Plaid/red/blk/CF/19 EDD Sep 9-29
RN115453xxx ordered 8/8/2021 Plaid/red/blk/CF/19 EDD Sep 10-30

So while I do think Tesla has been providing recent orders a quicker turnaround delivery estimate than older orders, I’m not convinced it’s just based on pricing. Production grouping seems to also be at play here.

Check out the tracking sheet for such patterns:

Not too happy about this. Was told "end of June". Turned to July. Then Aug 1 the EDD went black. Been refreshing every day and now Feb. RN1139 order Plaid/21/CF September 2020.

Dude I'm not sure I can wait until "maybe February" time to go test drive some Taycans. The refresh will be 8 months old by then, and closer to the 4860 Plaid+.
I'm in the exact same boat! RN1139 order Red/White/CF/21 Plaid+ conversion, had the same sequence of EDDs as you described. I got the email today, logged in, and it was still blank. Just checked tonight and saw February and haven't been able to pick my jaw up from the floor yet. I sincerely hope they are way off on that...I've seen plenty of white interiors delivered, plenty of CF trims delivered, putting them together shouldn't take 7 months. If it looks like this is a realistic date for it, looks like I'll be taking a white with wood trim and call it a day. The CF is not worth waiting for the better part of a year. Crazy!

I'm in the exact same boat! RN1139 order Red/White/CF/21 Plaid+ conversion, had the same sequence of EDDs as you described. I got the email today, logged in, and it was still blank. Just checked tonight and saw February and haven't been able to pick my jaw up from the floor yet. I sincerely hope they are way off on that...I've seen plenty of white interiors delivered, plenty of CF trims delivered, putting them together shouldn't take 7 months. If it looks like this is a realistic date for it, looks like I'll be taking a white with wood trim and call it a day. The CF is not worth waiting for the better part of a year. Crazy!

How you going to switch to white with wood trim without incurring the $10k penalty? I was also told any modifications result in being placed "at the back of the line". This is so dumb, I'm sure most of us would have taken "close enough" cars to save 8 months of delay.

How you going to switch to white with wood trim without incurring the $10k penalty? I was also told any modifications result in being placed "at the back of the line". This is so dumb, I'm sure most of us would have taken "close enough" cars to save 8 months of delay.
A rep I know at Tesla was previously able to make a change to my order without the $10K penalty and without it seeming to affect my EDD much if at all. However, that was then and this is now, so who knows what will happen. I'm hoping that this February EDD that a lot of people are seeing is not accurate and that we will receive a more reasonable EDD or even a VIN before long. 🙏

Here is my order timeline.. I really think its just Tesla making the extra $10K.. Clear and simple.

View attachment 695103
That’s not proof at all, elementary logic has failed you. One order has two components in short supply and the other does not. It’s not even remotely comparable unless you think Tesla should stop selling black interior w/ wood until they have white seats w/ CF in abundant supply.

Last edited:
Well my delivery date is now August 24-28. My VIN is basically meaningless lol. Who cares if I'm just getting shafted as if I don't have one? At this point I'm keeping the reservation due to the 10k discount. Emailed my SA, who has given up, and he just directed my to [email protected]. They haven't responded to me yet, it's been 8 days...

This whole experience has been awful, I'm not sure I can recommend tesla to anyone at this point. I love the cars, but I've been thinking about the issues I've had with them more now due to this experience:
- Model X performance shudders everytime during hard acceleration
- Obvious MCU issues, upgraded to MCU 2 to prevent before recall and they don't recognize this as something to reimburse for

These are due to major problems with the engineering behind these cars, one due to the front pillar support and the other due to crappy memory in the onboard computer. The lovely experience I've had during my "delivery":

- Never got welcome email or any communication from SA until mid June
- Said SA never identified himself as such, I had to bother chat to tell him to reply to an email I sent him
- Was pressured into switching to wood from carbon fiber to get car in June
- Vin assigned mid June, financing ready to go
- VIN removed no explanation
- another Vin assigned late June with a CONFIRMED SCHEDULED DELIVERY DATE
- Another Vin taken away with no explanation/no contact whatsoever
- Finally another Vin about 2 weeks later, it was built early June and is one of those special lot cars that has just been sitting there
- decide to put down payment to maybe expedite things (I'm an idiot)
- Wait several weeks enduring the "Electric Slide" of the delivery date
- Contact SA who assures me Mid July maybe end of July definitely
- See delivery date stop moving only to go MENTAL moving by a week each time
- Get dropped by SA who despite his faults seems to be as confused as I am

This is some ridiculous garbage. I'm pretty much officially done recommending tesla to people. I doubt it'll hurt their sales anyway honestly as a shareholder I'm a very happy man, but as a customer I want to stand outside the delivery center with a cardboard sign screaming expletives until my throat gets soar.

Okay I'm done, I'll be back again when the delivery date moves next week. I'm gonna try to enjoy my week off and play some halo.