Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And my Tesla account has been blank since June and now it changed today to "Sept 20-30." This is why I think it's actually a nice, real update for hundreds or likely many thousands of Tesla MS orders. As someone also said, they've probably received most or all of the missing parts required to build xxxx number of Tesla MS Plaid & LR to deliver for EOQ rush by the end of Sept...so they decided to update pretty much everyone's accounts (hopefully with somewhat accurate and reliable info & est dates) to fulfill as many "older" MS orders as possible. I was told a week or so ago by our local SC Mgr & RM that they were told by Tesla Corp to expect "mid-Sept - mid-Oct" delivery for me...and voila, today, my account updated to 9/20/21 - 9/30/21...so hopefully it sticks and my order isn't pushed to the 4th QTR, so I can finally take delivery in Sept. 🙏 👍:cool:
I have the same car spec'd as you, my order is 11395xxxx, what is yours? I still have no EDD and I'm in Texas.

Well my delivery date is now August 24-28. My VIN is basically meaningless lol. Who cares if I'm just getting shafted as if I don't have one? At this point I'm keeping the reservation due to the 10k discount. Emailed my SA, who has given up, and he just directed my to [email protected]. They haven't responded to me yet, it's been 8 days...

This whole experience has been awful, I'm not sure I can recommend tesla to anyone at this point. I love the cars, but I've been thinking about the issues I've had with them more now due to this experience:
- Model X performance shudders everytime during hard acceleration
- Obvious MCU issues, upgraded to MCU 2 to prevent before recall and they don't recognize this as something to reimburse for

These are due to major problems with the engineering behind these cars, one due to the front pillar support and the other due to crappy memory in the onboard computer. The lovely experience I've had during my "delivery":

- Never got welcome email or any communication from SA until mid June
- Said SA never identified himself as such, I had to bother chat to tell him to reply to an email I sent him
- Was pressured into switching to wood from carbon fiber to get car in June
- Vin assigned mid June, financing ready to go
- VIN removed no explanation
- another Vin assigned late June with a CONFIRMED SCHEDULED DELIVERY DATE
- Another Vin taken away with no explanation/no contact whatsoever
- Finally another Vin about 2 weeks later, it was built early June and is one of those special lot cars that has just been sitting there
- decide to put down payment to maybe expedite things (I'm an idiot)
- Wait several weeks enduring the "Electric Slide" of the delivery date
- Contact SA who assures me Mid July maybe end of July definitely
- See delivery date stop moving only to go MENTAL moving by a week each time
- Get dropped by SA who despite his faults seems to be as confused as I am

This is some ridiculous garbage. I'm pretty much officially done recommending tesla to people. I doubt it'll hurt their sales anyway honestly as a shareholder I'm a very happy man, but as a customer I want to stand outside the delivery center with a cardboard sign screaming expletives until my throat gets soar.

Okay I'm done, I'll be back again when the delivery date moves next week. I'm gonna try to enjoy my week off and play some halo.
You've listed the reason why your order is not getting Tesla's immediate attention. They're prioritizing price changed orders. I can attest to that as I have two orders in the same config - one with 21 w/ price change and the other with 19 wheels w/o price change. Now 19" order has a delivery window of Sep 5-25 and the 21" wheel order had a window of Sep 6-25 but this morning the first date slipped back a day and is now Sep 5-25 which is following the pattern listed here by some where the first date keeps sliding a day back. Clearly, tesla wants me to pay $14,500 for the car I want. Extremely disheartening to see Tesla doing this. I honestly do not know how some people here have the patience to deal with this since some have been waiting for 9 months.

Because we all seem be here, I'll ask this here. Has anyone posted pros/cons regarding a new M3P vs refresh LR? I tried a simple search and found M3P vs Plaid, but I'm trying to understand the thoughts of someone who has experience with the M3P and LR. Am I by myself in contemplating which vehicle makes the most sense?
I think to most, exterior styling is a large factor as well as overall size/interior space. The S (longer wheelbase and air suspension) is going to have the better overall ride quality. More interior room. More interior cargo space. Acceleration is going to be more than anyone needs with either car. Both will be very fast acceleration. Both have high top speeds. Both have great handling. The advantage of the M3P is no yoke wheel and it will still have stalks.

Attachments

• B37D5A14-6FCF-4C46-8313-3D1C5A6E8DD7.jpeg
    B37D5A14-6FCF-4C46-8313-3D1C5A6E8DD7.jpeg
    343.7 KB · Views: 59
That's my VIN range - May build. Although, TBH, it's been solid, so I would not let the VIN scare you off.
My VIN is in the 430 range. It's been solid as well. In some ways, it feels like the early cars were built carefully, then when the ramp up started things fell apart for a little while? Hard to say without a larger sample size.

I think to most, exterior styling is a large factor as well as overall size/interior space. The S (longer wheelbase and air suspension) is going to have the better overall ride quality. More interior room. More interior cargo space. Acceleration is going to be more than anyone needs with either car. Both will be very fast acceleration. Both have high top speeds. Both have great handling. The advantage of the M3P is no yoke wheel and it will still have stalks.

That makes sense except the last sentence. It is not an advantage - maybe a preference is a better word. After 6500 miles on the yoke it is an incredible non-issue. Drove a loaner prefresh yesterday while they were adjusting my car. Hated the wheel and stalks.

The S and M3 or two different cars. Reminds me of the 3 series and 5 series. Both great cars but purposed differently.

Ordered 5/8/2021, MSLR black on black 21inch wheels. Kansas city Mo

Was blank till about 6/15 with an EDD of September. This past Monday, 7/26 I showed 14 day ranges.

7/26 showed 8/10-8/24
7/27 showed 8/11-8/25
7/28 showed 8/12-8/26
7/29 showed 8/13-8/27
7/30 showed 8/14-8/28
7/31showed 8/15-8/29
8/1 showed 8/16-8/30
8/2 showed 8/16-8/30
8/3 showed 8/17-8/31
8/4 showed 8/18-8/31
8/5 showed 8/20-9/3
8/6 showed 8/22-9/5
8/7 showed 8/23-9/6
8/8 showed 8/25-9/8
8/9 showed 8/27-9/10
8/10 showed 8/27-9/10

8/11 (today) shows 8/25-9/1
Seven day window now hopefully it'll stop dancing around.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Ordered 5/8/2021, MSLR black on black 21inch wheels. Kansas city Mo

Was blank till about 6/15 with an EDD of September. This past Monday, 7/26 I showed 14 day ranges.

7/26 showed 8/10-8/24
7/27 showed 8/11-8/25
7/28 showed 8/12-8/26
7/29 showed 8/13-8/27
7/30 showed 8/14-8/28
7/31showed 8/15-8/29
8/1 showed 8/16-8/30
8/2 showed 8/16-8/30
8/3 showed 8/17-8/31
8/4 showed 8/18-8/31
8/5 showed 8/20-9/3
8/6 showed 8/22-9/5
8/7 showed 8/23-9/6
8/8 showed 8/25-9/8
8/9 showed 8/27-9/10
8/10 showed 8/27-9/10

8/11 (today) shows 8/25-9/1
Seven day window now hopefully it'll stop dancing around.
If pattern others have identified holds, you should be getting VIN today or tomorrow. My range continues to narrow, from 14 days at the start to 10 days now. Counting on VIN in 3 more days. At least that’s what I’m telling myself. 😀

Is there a advantage over this compared to the one that comes with the car? Mileage per hour?

This is based on 6 weeks of ownership and my style of driving.

The one that comes with the car:
- Using the 110 as supplied with the car is days slow for a full charge. Trickle charging would probably be fine.
- Using a nema 15-50 adapter with the supplied charger will speed it up some.

Wall mount:
- I take it down to 30% some days and it will recharge to 85% in approx 4-5 hours.
- I leave the car supplied charge in the car so it will always be with me. Less hassle to bag up each time.
- Wall mount is cleaner

To me it was worth the price because I want a clean area and I use it a lot every night. All that was worth the cost to me.