Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ppf reviews from Yelp seem positive. Guess we will see. Here is what they quoted me.

Bundle price breakdown
-Full body xpel ppf wrap $6490
-All sides and back ceramic tint $675
-Silver plus ceramic coating $1195
Total $8360
Package price $7195
Received a $6500 quote yesterday for full body PPF. Seemed high to me but I guess not based on your post, which is probably a more competitive wrap market market than Westchester, NY given there is only one well-regarded wrap shop locally. Just wonder if PPF is worth the $ relative to going naked for a 4-5 years then getting a wrap to update the color.

Model S Plaid White, White/CF, 19s went from August to February.
Model S LR White, White/Walnut, 19s went from September to February.
Model S LR Red, Black/Ebony Décor, 19s went from blank to Nov. 5th to 25th.
Model S Plaid Black, Black/CF 21s August 11-14th
Seeing the updates from many, Plaid white seat supply chain may be the biggest challenge for deliveries.

This might be the newest record for shortest delivery. Ordered Monday (8/9) around noon got a VIN minutes later with an EDD of 8/9-8/12. Got a text an hour ago that it's now ready to be picked up tomorrow or delivered Thursday.

I'm going to take it, but my red order like many others has an EDD of 9/14-9/30. Will that hold? I don't even know anymore, but I've made the decision to go with white!

White/Black/CF/21/FSD

View attachment 695048
DO NOT LET LEO KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE

So the LONG RANGE is only 2.3% longer than the Plaid, which is most likely accounted for with the weight difference.. You'd think marketing could have done a better job giving it a name.
You mean one's faux range number is only slightly more than the other's not real range number?
I was amazed when I got my first P85. I range charged it, ran out to pick up a buddy West of town and drove down to S. Beach for lunch. When I got back to my house I had about 25 miles remaining and the car had made rated to within a few percent. Finally, an EV company that does not lie about range (unlike BMW, Zero,,,,).
Not any more :(

Not too happy about this. Was told "end of June". Turned to July. Then Aug 1 the EDD went black. Been refreshing every day and now Feb. RN1139 order Plaid/21/CF September 2020.

Dude I'm not sure I can wait until "maybe February" time to go test drive some Taycans. The refresh will be 8 months old by then, and closer to the 4860 Plaid+.
I do not think MS is important enough to Tesla as a company to throw a lot of design resources into 4860s for that chassis. I took this from the demise of the +. My bet is you will see them in 3/Y first.

Well my delivery date is now August 24-28. My VIN is basically meaningless lol. Who cares if I'm just getting shafted as if I don't have one? At this point I'm keeping the reservation due to the 10k discount. Emailed my SA, who has given up, and he just directed my to [email protected]. They haven't responded to me yet, it's been 8 days...

This whole experience has been awful, I'm not sure I can recommend tesla to anyone at this point. I love the cars, but I've been thinking about the issues I've had with them more now due to this experience:
- Model X performance shudders everytime during hard acceleration
- Obvious MCU issues, upgraded to MCU 2 to prevent before recall and they don't recognize this as something to reimburse for

These are due to major problems with the engineering behind these cars, one due to the front pillar support and the other due to crappy memory in the onboard computer. The lovely experience I've had during my "delivery":

- Never got welcome email or any communication from SA until mid June
- Said SA never identified himself as such, I had to bother chat to tell him to reply to an email I sent him
- Was pressured into switching to wood from carbon fiber to get car in June
- Vin assigned mid June, financing ready to go
- VIN removed no explanation
- another Vin assigned late June with a CONFIRMED SCHEDULED DELIVERY DATE
- Another Vin taken away with no explanation/no contact whatsoever
- Finally another Vin about 2 weeks later, it was built early June and is one of those special lot cars that has just been sitting there
- decide to put down payment to maybe expedite things (I'm an idiot)
- Wait several weeks enduring the "Electric Slide" of the delivery date
- Contact SA who assures me Mid July maybe end of July definitely
- See delivery date stop moving only to go MENTAL moving by a week each time
- Get dropped by SA who despite his faults seems to be as confused as I am

This is some ridiculous garbage. I'm pretty much officially done recommending tesla to people. I doubt it'll hurt their sales anyway honestly as a shareholder I'm a very happy man, but as a customer I want to stand outside the delivery center with a cardboard sign screaming expletives until my throat gets soar.

Okay I'm done, I'll be back again when the delivery date moves next week. I'm gonna try to enjoy my week off and play some halo.
Wow. Sorry you had this horrendous experience with Tesla. The MS Plaid will be my first Tesla and possibly my last; time will tell. I think I'll love the car for several years, provided I don't have any serious issues/problems with it...I drive ~ 18k-20k per year so spend a decent amount of time driving in my car. In the end, again as a shareholder too and for many other reasons, I want to Tesla to continue to succeed and be an industry leader, but I agree with you that they MUST get their act together on the customer ordering/build/delivery process and make it a much more pleasant AND fair process for ALL of their customers and not just "the chosen few." In addition, they really should figure out how to "under-promise and then over-deliver" (not just on the actual cars, s/w, technology but on the entire process, build quality, customer experience, etc. as well)...this is what very successful companies do!

Last edited:
Reactions: umair239
Well my delivery date is now August 24-28. My VIN is basically meaningless lol. Who cares if I'm just getting shafted as if I don't have one? At this point I'm keeping the reservation due to the 10k discount. Emailed my SA, who has given up, and he just directed my to [email protected]. They haven't responded to me yet, it's been 8 days...

This whole experience has been awful, I'm not sure I can recommend tesla to anyone at this point. I love the cars, but I've been thinking about the issues I've had with them more now due to this experience:
- Model X performance shudders everytime during hard acceleration
- Obvious MCU issues, upgraded to MCU 2 to prevent before recall and they don't recognize this as something to reimburse for

These are due to major problems with the engineering behind these cars, one due to the front pillar support and the other due to crappy memory in the onboard computer. The lovely experience I've had during my "delivery":

- Never got welcome email or any communication from SA until mid June
- Said SA never identified himself as such, I had to bother chat to tell him to reply to an email I sent him
- Was pressured into switching to wood from carbon fiber to get car in June
- Vin assigned mid June, financing ready to go
- VIN removed no explanation
- another Vin assigned late June with a CONFIRMED SCHEDULED DELIVERY DATE
- Another Vin taken away with no explanation/no contact whatsoever
- Finally another Vin about 2 weeks later, it was built early June and is one of those special lot cars that has just been sitting there
- decide to put down payment to maybe expedite things (I'm an idiot)
- Wait several weeks enduring the "Electric Slide" of the delivery date
- Contact SA who assures me Mid July maybe end of July definitely
- See delivery date stop moving only to go MENTAL moving by a week each time
- Get dropped by SA who despite his faults seems to be as confused as I am

This is some ridiculous garbage. I'm pretty much officially done recommending tesla to people. I doubt it'll hurt their sales anyway honestly as a shareholder I'm a very happy man, but as a customer I want to stand outside the delivery center with a cardboard sign screaming expletives until my throat gets soar.

Okay I'm done, I'll be back again when the delivery date moves next week. I'm gonna try to enjoy my week off and play some halo.
Our MX LR shudders under heavy acceleration...can't imagine how the MXP even holds together.

just got an updated delivery date: February.

I ordered on September 22nd 2020. RN11394xxxx (black/white/cf/19")

i was initially told to expect delivery in February of 2021. then July. Now February 2022.

Wow. One year... You are a more patient person than me.

With config combo, you might as well ordered a unicorn for the front seat - it would not have delayed you any longer.

I would like to thank @sam3194 for taking the initiative to get Tesla to give us some communication. With Tesla's past history we know better to trust any EDD but then again maybe, just maybe they are starting to understand that their customer's deserve to be treated better. We know that if Tesla wants to continue to be an EV leader that they will need to start providing customer service. Let's not get carried away. They need to provide customer service first before they can provide good to great customer service.

So for me @sam3194 continue to be "that guy". Good or bad that is why we all continue to return here to hear any news. It keeps us busy while we wait.
Thanks again Sam. :D

Ok so basically. I didn’t want to be the bearer of bad news with this new info coming to light. EDDs being pushed the way they are was what we discovered yesterday after 3 hours of digging.

I have a more comprehensive right up coming soon.

Just didn’t want to be “that guy” again.