Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sorry--it looks like for Firefox, my previous instructions were incorrect.

1. Right click on your account page and select Inspect. This should pop open a window that shows the page's source along with other tabs like Console, Debugger, Network, etc.
  2. Select Console
  3. Either type in Tesla.ProductF.Data.Registration.result.vehicleMapId or paste it into the console where you see >>
    1. If you choose to paste it, you may have to type "allow pasting" into the console before it will let you paste. This is because, generally speaking, pasting commands into a browser console can be very dangerous and you should not do so frivolously.
  4. You should see you Vehicle Map ID appear when you've typed that in, like below:
View attachment 691263
@pac_ I just started entering information in the Google Docs Sheet. Is it reasonable to assume I have a 'good' VehicleMapID (25004XXX) if it is the lowest number in the sheet for MSLR 19"? My EDD is fluctuating between 8/24-8/26 to 9/3 each day since 8/8. Trying to not get too hopeful. Thanks!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
RN 11517 Plaid/Black/White/CF/21 got it’s first EDD this AM

December 19 - January 08​

Ordered in June post 10k price hike.

M3P I ordered last evening has an Aug 28-Sep 07 EDD; will likely take that for a bit.
Interestingly, yesterday was the first time I received a date range (other than sometimes September) - today the range went one day earlier to December 19 - January 8 as well.
I think we know we can't rely on these ranges, and they're kind of far out as well - but if that range is shifting slightly but remaining somewhat consistent I'd put some credibility to it - seems like our white interiors may be part of a batch to be shipped East.

I was at a breakfast meeting today, and someone mentioned something I was unaware of - that there's something like 5 piers of cargo containers (about 160,000 cargo containers) stuck in China, and that there are ships lined up in the Pacific to unload in California but there aren't enough workers or truck drivers.
I don't know how accurate it is, but that could help explain or illustrate some of the supply chain issues.

It is Wall Charger installation day!
Ha! I remember that day clearly! A nice, cold Indiana day in March when I had believed my car would be showing up in early April and wanted to make sure I was prepared. Here I sit 5 months later.... I was certainly not at risk of my car delivering before my charger was installed. Either way, the charger looks good even though it is yet to be used!

Interestingly, yesterday was the first time I received a date range (other than sometimes September) - today the range went one day earlier to December 19 - January 8 as well.
I think we know we can't rely on these ranges, and they're kind of far out as well - but if that range is shifting slightly but remaining somewhat consistent I'd put some credibility to it - seems like our white interiors may be part of a batch to be shipped East.

I was at a breakfast meeting today, and someone mentioned something I was unaware of - that there's something like 5 piers of cargo containers (about 160,000 cargo containers) stuck in China, and that there are ships lined up in the Pacific to unload in California but there aren't enough workers or truck drivers.
I don't know how accurate it is, but that could help explain or illustrate some of the supply chain issues.

Logistics has been like this since last summer. It has actually improved very slightly. Parts can sit at rail depots for weeks before being unloaded here domestically. Ships circle the harbors until they can be unloaded. Both foreign and domestic logistics is hit hard. But it is also raw materials are bottlenecked globally. Labor is in short supply - just look at every factory - they all have help wanted signs.

Glad I caught this! Yikes! So looks like they are finally rolling them out now. I hope they fixed em up!
As someone who plans to garage this car and only drive it in nice weather, the early VIN concerns me. Why bother with a custom order if I am going to get a vehicle that has been sitting out in the elements for 5 months?

That makes sense except the last sentence. It is not an advantage - maybe a preference is a better word. After 6500 miles on the yoke it is an incredible non-issue. Drove a loaner prefresh yesterday while they were adjusting my car. Hated the wheel and stalks.

The S and M3 or two different cars. Reminds me of the 3 series and 5 series. Both great cars but purposed differently.
Fair enough (yoke topic). I was basing my reply on so many reports that seem to indicate that with no change in steering ratio, the Pikes Peak run where the racing team went to the effort of removing the yoke and replacing with traditional wheel, and so many comments abound about lack of haptic feel on the steering wheel buttons, accidentally triggering windshield washers, horn etc when turning, and inability to quickly honk the horn via the airbag, and of course the numerous youtube reviews, was that the overall perception among most seems to be that the combo of yoke + no stalks, wasnt any form of upgrade over traditional wheel/stalks. But alas, I will admit, that you as a owner of a yoke with actual experience with it, , are in a better position to judge on that one than me.

Ok Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm turning to the smart folks in this group to see if I'm just seeing things, like a mirage in the desert for a dying man, or if this actually means I have a valid EDD. I was at work all last week and sometime yesterday while I was out of State I got the email below, then I checked my account and I see a 3-week EDD. No VIN however. Based off of those of y'all that have taken receipt of one of the holy grail of cars, would you recommend taking the ding on my credit score and getting my loan and other particulars in place? Or was this a blanket "community" email that many are seeing?
Any and all info is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 8.30.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 8.30.34 AM.png
    127 KB · Views: 61
  • Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 8.30.50 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 8.30.50 AM.png
    89.3 KB · Views: 57
Me: <checking EDD this morning, updating signature and tracking spreadsheet>
Wohoo, just got my VIN and was asked to make payment before delivery.

Strangely my EDD just updated to February. If I hold off on payment, will my car still arrive at the SC? I don’t want to pay and then perhaps run into a delay
I've always (twice) paid my final amount via personal check at time of pickup/delivery at the SC. I've never paid all in advance..

This is based on 6 weeks of ownership and my style of driving.

The one that comes with the car:
- Using the 110 as supplied with the car is days slow for a full charge. Trickle charging would probably be fine.
- Using a nema 15-50 adapter with the supplied charger will speed it up some.

Wall mount:
- I take it down to 30% some days and it will recharge to 85% in approx 4-5 hours.
- I leave the car supplied charge in the car so it will always be with me. Less hassle to bag up each time.
- Wall mount is cleaner

To me it was worth the price because I want a clean area and I use it a lot every night. All that was worth the cost to me.
I have a model 3 perf now so understand all that. I have the 50 amp plug already installed. Guess my question is “Is the wall charger for $500 any faster at charging than the supplied charger in the refreshed model S. I know at times my model 3 charges at 34 miles a hour on the factory supplied charger.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid