Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You ditched your Model S for a Taycan 4S? It doesn’t make any sense at all.

There is a reason you can have a Taycan quickly, it’s because nobody wants them. 🤷‍♂️
I wouldn't say that. I think the Taycan has become one of Porsche's best selling vehicles. But, we all know it's limitations in comparison with the Tesla MS LR & Plaid. Much slower, much smaller inside...quite cramped in fact with a rear window that's tiny and difficult to see anything behind you, much lower max battery range (although according to some, maybe not as big of a difference in that the MS may not get anywhere near it's advertised range while the Taycan's real-world range may be more than advertised), and much lower performance than the MS Plaid & LR actually! The P does have the super awesome P interior, quality, fit & finish though and decent interior electronics, although nowhere near the tech of the MS.

I wouldn't say that. I think the Taycan has become one of Porsche's best selling vehicles. But, we all know it's limitations in comparison with the Tesla MS LR & Plaid. Much slower, much smaller inside...quite cramped in fact with a rear window that's tiny and difficult to see anything behind you, much lower max battery range (although according to some, maybe not as big of a difference in that the MS may not get anywhere near it's advertised range while the Taycan's real-world range may be more than advertised), and much lower performance than the MS Plaid & LR actually! The P does have the super awesome P interior, quality, fit & finish though and decent interior electronics, although nowhere near the tech of the MS.
Ok some people want them. I know a guy that is buying one. The only reason is he hates Tesla. Not because he thinks it’s a better buy. People are weird.

Here is photo of Plaid 19” wheel, at first I did not pay attention the wheel size and thought it was 21” wheel, until preparing delivery guy told me, this is 19” wheel, look very ok comparing with 21”. BTW I found panel gap issue, the edge curves up so obvious when my finger scans along the line, why Tesla QA guys would miss this problem on $150K luxury car.

Attachments

• 6F520507-FE7A-4C50-8611-C2CD17F29447.jpeg
    6F520507-FE7A-4C50-8611-C2CD17F29447.jpeg
    597.4 KB · Views: 82
  • 7EC303DB-EF7A-4460-A0D2-2716C7995E46.jpeg
    7EC303DB-EF7A-4460-A0D2-2716C7995E46.jpeg
    192.7 KB · Views: 65
  • DB9A1355-46BA-4320-9C7F-382043705AF5.jpeg
    DB9A1355-46BA-4320-9C7F-382043705AF5.jpeg
    510.1 KB · Views: 72
  • 2105E259-07FC-49FF-B088-A4E5667F0530.jpeg
    2105E259-07FC-49FF-B088-A4E5667F0530.jpeg
    613.6 KB · Views: 67
  • BA37CEA9-80C8-476C-B708-F9A69010F5CA.jpeg
    BA37CEA9-80C8-476C-B708-F9A69010F5CA.jpeg
    211.3 KB · Views: 67
Here is photo of Plaid 19” wheel, at first I did not pay attention the wheel size and thought it was 21” wheel, until preparing delivery guy told me, this is 19” wheel, look very ok comparing with 21”. BTW I found panel gap issue, the edge curves up so obvious when my finger scans along the line, why Tesla QA guys would miss this problem on $150K luxury car.

Thank you for posting! Great to see the bright color with the wheels. I think they look decent enough, Im not taking them off.

The Taycan can't even beat the Model 3 performance around the track. How do you think it can beat the Plaid. They keep saying how their battery management is great, but when it comes to putting putting up or shutting up, they need to shut the f up. It is pure embarrassment for them to lose to a car that is 1/4 the price.
1628726404342.png

$1,140 to hard wire my wall connector in garage with 25 ft Romex 4/3 run to panel with 60 amp circuit. This is all in, including permitting, as well as moving a few 20 amp circuits to to my sub panel to make space in my main panel. Methinks that's not too bad!
I'm paying $1300 for pretty much the same thing. 25' of cable through one wall and a 100 amp sub panel addition..

Easy come....Easy Go.

Amazing the difference between long time tesla owner and TSLA owners vs those who are new to Tesla and are willing to abandon their car so quickly. Imagine living with the disappointment several months down the road driving a Taycan't and knowing you could have had a Plaid with a little more patience.

We all have had our share of frustrations with Tesla one way or another. But most of us love our Tesla's , love Elon's mission, love our TSLA gains...
I understand why someone would want to try to stick it to Tesla by dropping their order. Of course, unless there are mass defections there will just be someone to take the place of someone who leaves in the short term (which is all Tesla seems to care about at this time), so the financial impact will be negligible (or positive, given the price increase). In other words, without competition in this marketplace reservation holders are powerless.

Last edited:
The Taycan can't even beat the Model 3 performance around the track. How do you think it can beat the Plaid. They keep saying how their battery management is great, but when it comes to putting putting up or shutting up, they need to shut the f up. It is pure embarrassment for them to lose to a car that is 1/4 the price. View attachment 695434
I saw that too. Quite bad. The Taycan is a whole Model S Plaid in price difference too.. And that's the M3P! What happens when the Plaid opens up a can of some whup*ss?

Interesting that the car has Pirelli PZ4 summer tires, my EDD is December, it better have all seasons.