Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They look phenomenal! Didn't realize the rear brakes are that small; perhaps that's the reason some ppl say the braking on the Plaid is lacking a bit (although I understand the front brakes do most of the work and are always larger)? Awesome looking wheels and calipers...better than black calipers...maybe that's the reason why I never noticed how small the rear brakes are. Anyway, great job! Your pics get my mind working on possibly swapping out the wheels for something different at some point...makes the car POP! 🔥 👍:cool:

Reactions: kgoroway
View attachment 695401
Ordered Plaid which became Plaid+ on 9/22/20. Converted to Plaid.
Now $12,000 below current price including $8k-FSD

Ordered Long Range 3/11/21 as a backup…
Now $10,000 below current price

Was planning to take whichever came first.
was supposed to get some priority on the converted Plaid+
Now unsure as EDDs are nearly identical

Screenshots of Configuration & EDDs below.
View attachment 695402View attachment 695405View attachment 695403View attachment 695404
Wow so it seems the early Battery Day order didn't give much priority. Love the Roadster as a referral award, I've gotten my share of nice gifts from Tesla over the years but never a Roadster, how cool is that?!

Your deal sounds a little better. I already have a 100 amp sub panel with a few open slots.
I ran mine last weekend myself! 70’ of 4/3 wire, 60a breaker, about $300 in materials with a disconnect switch in the garage. Just put the wall connector up! Now to keep waiting for my car…
AB978691-0CC4-4F96-BB3E-5BA57394DFD9.jpeg

$1,140 to hard wire my wall connector in garage with 25 ft Romex 4/3 run to panel with 60 amp circuit. This is all in, including permitting, as well as moving a few 20 amp circuits to to my sub panel to make space in my main panel. Methinks that's not too bad!

That's a great price considering today's runaway labor rates and increased material pricing.

It’s hard to tell with any confidence what the vehicle map IDs mean. We see that they appear to increase with the RNs, but perhaps not on a one-to-one basis, and my best guess is that they have something to do with mapping the reservation with Tesla to an eventual configuration on a car. The schema I'm guessing is:
  1. Order -> RN
  2. Configuration -> Vehicle Map ID
  3. Actual car -> VIN
The most probable insight to glean from you having the lowest map ID of the 19"s is that you’ll probably be in the first n% of deliveries based on how many people have 19”s in the sheet (e.g., if there are fifty 19”s in the sheet, you’re probably in the first 2%). Of course, this doesn't mean you're in the first n% of the global population of orders because the people who filled out the spreadsheet are almost certainly not representative of the global population who ordered (i.e., we’re all obsessed early adopters) so I don’t know how predictable things would be as we get deeper into the list. I think we'll notice a weaker correlation between rank in the spreadsheet and actual delivery timeline...it's probably pretty heteroscedastic if you wanna get inside baseball on it. But I don't know--I'm really just guessing about all of this! The only thing we've seen with any consistency is a total lack of predictability.

Net net—don't hold your breath, but since you’re probably near the front of the front of the line, I would suspect you have strong reason to be hopeful!
Thanks for reply and thoughts on what it might mean. I see from your signature we have the same car on order....so I will be sure to keep up the spreadsheet and share here whatever I learn in the event the EV Gods bestow our car before yours.....but as you said...the only real constant has been randomness!!!

I ran mine last weekend myself! 70’ of 4/3 wire, 60a breaker, about $300 in materials with a disconnect switch in the garage. Just put the wall connector up! Now to keep waiting for my car…
View attachment 695450
I know my limitations. I need professionals when 48 amps of continuous power is being fed.

Wow so it seems the early Battery Day order didn't give much priority. Love the Roadster as a referral award, I've gotten my share of nice gifts from Tesla over the years but never a Roadster, how cool is that?!
Not an entire Roadster. 24% off a $250k Founders Edition (-$60,000)
No Deposit required

Update: For grins and giggle, I gave my newly found VIN to my Allstate agent to quote. Clean driving record, multiple policies…
$1700 every six months! WTF, and no lube with that either (I did ask)! What are you all seeing, insurance wise?
You really should check Progressive, only $150 more every 6 month for my Plaid versus my 2018 75D. I’d say that’s a win!
Also check Geico!

Allstate, State Farm are the worst!

You ditched your Model S for a Taycan 4S? It doesn’t make any sense at all.

There is a reason you can have a Taycan quickly, it’s because nobody wants them. 🤷‍♂️
My advice to those that are losing patience and thinking about throwing in the towel, at least check out the car in person first. There are probably lots of members here with refresh that would be willing to meet up. About 2 weeks ago, @AimStellar offered to meet up with waiting members and I jumped at the opportunity. It was very much appreciated and was super helpful so I’ll be happy to make the same offer to folks here waiting for a refresh 🤩