Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So originally my "Manage" page for my MS Plaid order showed 4 sections including my trade-in and payment method. I filled all of that out, including submitting pictures and information on my M3P that I'm trading in. Now that page has changed to just asking me for proof of insurance (but no VIN yet) and a section for documents to review that is not available yet. There is now no mention anywhere I can find about my trade-in, and they never gave me an actual estimate or offer on the trade-in. Does that seem right? Did others have their trade-in information just disappear all together?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
February!!! FI_ICKIN disgusted!
battery day 2020 order! this is crap!
and nothing for you. no free supercharging, no free car wash, no soup. nothing.
At least Ford tries a bit by giving the equivalent of 3 free charges for a 6 week delay.
Tesla basically says "Eff you. Cancel your order if you dont like it. WE DONT CARE".

Last edited:
There is no real limit on how high umbrella coverage can go. You just have to find the right carrier. My carrier offers $30 million of coverage without having to do anything special, but I think they will go up to pretty much whatever you need.
I have all my insurance through AAA. Can I insure the tesla through another carrier and still be covered by my AAA umbrella?

@bananaheim No worries, bruh, mine returned to a range of "Today to 8/17"! As I mentioned yesterday, somewhere, I believe the reversion was back to the original EDD month, while the handoff from the production tracking system to the transportation tracking system occurs (overnight refresh)! Siggy for details! The question now is, should I still go through with it or just keep my defect free 3 and $104,000? Tough one, really.
@WilliamG
Is there any question? As an active participant on the board, you know you want it! (Assuming you can afford to)

Last edited:
@bananaheim No worries, bruh, mine returned to a range of "Today to 8/17"! As I mentioned yesterday, somewhere, I believe the reversion was back to the original EDD month, while the handoff from the production tracking system to the transportation tracking system occurs (overnight refresh)! Siggy for details! The question now is, should I still go through with it or just keep my defect free 3 and $104,000? Tough one, really.
@WilliamG

If you’re happy with the 3, cancel. If you want Plaid, go Plaid. ☺️

Is there any question? As an active participant on the board, you know you want it! (Assuming you can afford to)
@bananaheim I do, very much, want one. However, it may be prudent to "hold my water" for six months, given the excessive quality issues being reported on the $153,000 car. Unbelievable, really.

If QC issues are going to really bother you, I’d definitely cancel. This car has a lot of them out of the gate.
@WilliamG Excessive quality issues should bother everyone! ;)
If the VIN they are proposing is relatively clean, that would be okay, but what I'm seeing here leads me to think the issues list will be unreasonably long. With my 3, I had no issues and left a happy man.

Orider was place 1-28-21. Delivery Estimate is now February. I ordered the day after it became available. This is pretty hard to believe since they are presently delivering orders placed well after.
Model S Long Range
Red Multi-Coat
19" Tempest Wheels
Black and White Premium Interror
ORDER NUMBER
RN11443****
your order is $10k less than more recent orders, hence your delay. And you have white interior..AND the non $4500 wheels.
Hell, now that I look at it..you might be lucky to get yours before 2023. you arent paying enough.

your order is $10k less than more recent orders, hence your delay. And you have white interior..AND the non $4500 wheels.
Hell, now that I look at it..you might be lucky to get yours before 2023. you arent paying enough.
My order is $12k less than today and I have a delivery window coming up in a few weeks, but... I have a black interior. Anything outside of black or cream looks to be pushed wayyy out. Gotta guess it's due to supply constraints, as I'm sure they'd love to get Q3 numbers up as high as possible.