Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After the Tuesday 10-Aug email, my EDD was 12-Oct - 01-Nov. As of this morning, it updated to 16-Sep - 30-Sep! Really hoping that after Tuesday's email, these seemingly more realistic (albeit disappointing) EDDs are more accurate... so if my timing moves in, there is at least a shot it is correct.

It took several days of me being disappointed by the Oct/Nov EDD, and I had just started to (sorta) accept it... but now I'm super excited again that they've pulled my EDD in by a month.... and will be crushed if (read: when) it moves back out...

I'd be very disappointed if Tesla moved my EDD in unless they were near certain it would be correct... but I can't say I'd be surprised...

@WilliamG Excessive quality issues should bother everyone! ;)
If the VIN they are proposing is relatively clean, that would be okay, but what I'm seeing here leads me to think the issues list will be unreasonably long. With my 3, I had no issues and left a happy man.
There were just as many quality concerns voiced on forums about the 3 back when you bought yours, no?

After the Tuesday 10-Aug email, my EDD was 12-Oct - 01-Nov. As of this morning, it updated to 16-Sep - 30-Sep! Really hoping that after Tuesday's email, these seemingly more realistic (albeit disappointing) EDDs are more accurate... so if my timing moves in, there is at least a shot it is correct.

It took several days of me being disappointed by the Oct/Nov EDD, and I had just started to (sorta) accept it... but now I'm super excited again that they've pulled my EDD in by a month.... and will be crushed if (read: when) it moves back out...

I'd be very disappointed if Tesla moved my EDD in unless they were near certain it would be correct... but I can't say I'd be surprised...
It does seem like the most recent EDD's ARE more realistic!

There were just as many quality concerns voiced on forums about the 3 back when you bought yours, no?
@lbowroom No, not nearly as many. I got my 3 in June 2019. Many improvements were made to that build (after April), including HW3 being on board, sealed parcel shelf, etc.. The main gripes were around soft/missing paint; none of which my 3 suffered from. The difference here is this is a new model, with new model issues, and the 3 was already out over a year when I purchased mine.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
@lbowroom No, not nearly as many. I got my 3 in June 2019. Many improvements were made to that build (after April), including HW3 being on board, sealed parcel shelf, etc.. The main gripes were around soft/missing paint; none of which my 3 suffered from. The difference here is this is a new model, with new model issues, and the 3 was already out over a year when I purchased mine.

My 2019 Model 3 had loads of missing paint (trunk hinges, door hinges etc). None missing on the S. But more QC issues for sure on my S.

Ah, got an EDD update this morning! Back to a super narrow August range (Today, 8/12-8/17), as the for WA delivery Model predicts. Details in siggy below! :D
My EDD is holding firm at Aug 14-20. TA told me my car is expected to arrive at SC on the 17th. I suppose it’s best to make payment once they schedule me a firm pick up date/time. Or maybe I’ll do it once I have confirmation the car arrived at SC idk..

Can I summarize your message as “a smart buyer will delay their purchase of a Tesla Model S”?

• Funny
February!!! FI_ICKIN disgusted!
battery day 2020 order! this is crap!
Sorry bro,

I think the February might be default or in transition to a date range. I am thinking they are trying to fill that soon. That is probably not worth a ton from a hope standpoint. Going to the back of the line does not pass the smell test. Hence the basis of my estimation.

Here is to hoping you get hooked up in the next 20 days. 🙏

Update from tonight:

RN113953xxx ordered 9/22/2020 Plaid/red/blk/CF/19 EDD BLANK
RN115453xxx ordered 8/8/2021 Plaid/red/blk/CF/19 EDD Sep 13-30

The plot thickens.. is the first order about to get a VIN? Or has it gone back to the black hole of early orders?

Is Tesla playing games again prioritizing profit margins, or are the monkeys having a laugh?

Place your bets, ladies and gentlemen! Next update circa 7am Pacific. Good night :)
On the latest épisode of “MarcG takes the gamble to Tesla”…

RN113953xxx ordered 9/22/2020 Plaid/red/blk/CF/19 EDD Sep 9-29
RN115453xxx ordered 8/8/2021 Plaid/red/blk/CF/19 EDD Sep 19-30

In case you haven’t been subscribing to my series, the original order’s dates are back to where they used to be since the monkeys started throwing darts on Tuesday.

Whereas the latest order’s date range keeps shrinking, with the first date in the range moving back several days at a time, and second date staying steady at EOQ.

I’m starting to bet that the latter order will get a VIN first. Don’t forget to make popcorn and place your bets at home!

Stay tuned for the next episode ;)

I have all my insurance through AAA. Can I insure the tesla through another carrier and still be covered by my AAA umbrella?
You can have umbrella coverage through a separate carrier. Typically the umbrella policy requires certain minimum coverages on your home and auto policies and then they cover anything in excess of those limits up to the limit on the umbrella policy. Your umbrella policy provider may have different requirements though. You should check with them.

It happened!
As we wait for our car and this Croc wearing dude is just experimenting on one like no big deal...
1628781290511.gif

On the latest épisode of “MarcG takes the gamble to Tesla”…

RN113953xxx ordered 9/22/2020 Plaid/red/blk/CF/19 EDD Sep 9-29
RN115453xxx ordered 8/8/2021 Plaid/red/blk/CF/19 EDD Sep 19-30

In case you haven’t been subscribing to my series, the original order’s dates are back to where they used to be since the monkeys started throwing darts on Tuesday.

Whereas the latest order’s date range keeps shrinking, with the first date in the range moving back several days at a time, and second date staying steady at EOQ.

I’m starting to bet that the latter order will get a VIN first. Don’t forget to make popcorn and place your bets at home!

Stay tuned for the next episode ;)
We appreciate your efforts. I’ll be willing to share in the $100 gamble with a $50 zelle to you 🤩.. If others want in on the action, 4 of us can send you $20 each 🤣

It's so entertaining reading this thread everyday. I loved my white interior on my M3P, but black this time around for me.

Would you all be happier with blank EDD or February EDD that gets moved up? Underpromise over deliver it overpromise and underdeliver?

I have a feeling with that letter being picked up by outlets higher ups said put almost everyone with a MS order at February EDD. As we know more move them UP. Then they will be happy, right? They'll expect it to be 2022 then when they get the car in 2021 they'll be like, "look! I got my car early!"

I have no idea what the right way is. I guess I'd rather have an EDD of February then get pushed up than the *sugar* show it was before?