Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This thread towards me:

gobot-transformer-memes.jpg

Received 8/12/21 3pmET for Model S LR, Black Interior, Ebony Decor, 19" Tempest Wheels.
5YJSA1E57MF439XXX
Hi @Nauvoo congratulations on the VIN! At first I thought you said you took delivery at noon! Hopefully soon. Can you please add your info to the tracking spreadsheet? We look forward to pics soon!

Hi @Nauvoo congratulations on the VIN! At first I thought you said you took delivery at noon! Hopefully soon. Can you please add your info to the tracking spreadsheet? We look forward to pics soon!
Tracker was updated before I posted.....need to help my friends who are sharing information.!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Ordered 2/14, have a 9/22-9/30 date range for a Red, Arachnid, White interior, CF
Yeah, so it seems there are several of us with white/cf interiors (who ordered in Feb, 2021 or earlier) that have current est delivery in late Sept for EOQ rush for 3rd QTR. Thank God! Hope the dates stick and we're still good for this time frame; if so, we should be getting VINs end of Aug or beginning of Sept. 🙏 :cool:

yeah! i love my S... will be sad the day it goes. i feel really bad for people who sold their cars coz they had a date range... now i know the decision to sell isnt Tesla's but they sure enabled this misery some of you. I'm a bit lucky that i dont need the capital from the current car to enable the new one. Still pissed though!

umm... those charges generally cost less than $10 bro :) its ok! however, you do have a point...

Yeah! i can hope the default moves closer. But here's the rub - dont advertise a white interior or carbon fiber or 19" wheels if you cant commit to making it. battery day in September 2020 was during the raging pandemic... most every manufacturing company knew of their supply chain issues. This didnt happen "before COVID"... they knew this!!! Maybe they decided to go "Agile" and figure out supply chain after go'live!
I agree with your don't advertise options that you can't deliver point, but I will add from my corner of industry that supply chain issues are catching every OEM I deal with by surprise. Some weird domino effect across commodities and parts suppliers. I do think the most extreme challenge for MS order backlog is the plaid white seats...just a guess based on all the data points from this thread. Appears that every other combination of options is receiving some more credible EDD.

I don't know if white seats are a stumbling block in getting a car, but if so people can consider black and then aftermarket. That is the route I took and I'm glad I did. I installed Katzkin for $1,800 -- about $300 more than the vegan plastic Tesla offers.
Like your Reject Fascism tagline there in your profile. Shame we've seen a resurgence of that hate-mongering garbage in recent years. Keep resisting that nonsense, never give up on our democracy..."if we can keep it." 🙏 👍

Is this the first time the chip shortage has been acknowledged with such specificity?

In the Q2 call Elon mentioned that the safety restraint module supply was a big issue:

Elon Musk: (15:38)
Yeah. I just want to reemphasize the extraordinary difficulty of ramping production of large manufactured items. At risk of being repetitive, it’s actually easy to make prototypes or sort of handle small volume production, but anything produced at high volume, which is really what’s relevant here, it’s going to move as fast as the slowest of the, say rough order of magnitude, 10,000 unique parts and processes. And so you can have 9,999, where just one is missing. We were missing, for example, a big struggle this quarter was the module that controls the airbags and the seatbelts. And obviously you cannot strip a car without those. And that limited our production severely worldwide, in Shanghai and in Fremont. So it wouldn’t have mattered if we had 17 different car models, because they all need the airbag module. It’s just irrelevant.

However, at that point he didn't name the supplier. (Which I think is Bosch.)