Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, a 6/19 Model 3 dual motor LR with accentuation boost and FSD. Love(d) the car!
Nice! How does the S feel compared to the 3 in terms of size? I've driven a 3 and it felt like a Go-Kart - super nippy and fun to overtake people (responsibly!). Do you ever feel like the extra length of the S makes it less enjoyable/more difficult to overtake people on smaller lengths of road?

For example, how is it overtaking someone driving 45mph in a 55mph, 2 lane road with a couple hundred feet of visibility?

Yeah that makes sense. I never really hold onto cars for longer than a year and with the 4680s at least 1 year out (IMO), I think it'll line up perfectly for me. I just wonder what the depreciation will be like for the Plaid in a year.
It will likely hold its value quite well considering all the auto parts shortages and overall new vehicle shortages. That’s why the prices for used cars have gone through the roof. So any new vehicles, especially “niche” vehicles like the unique tri-motor Tesla MS Plaid (still seems more like a limited production vehicle vs a mass production vehicle thus far) will likely hold its value fairly well for a while. Maybe the MS Plaids selling online are in fact getting a hefty premium? Don’t know but whatever happens, happens.

Reactions: impastu
I was looking at the Signature wheels, I will admit. Not sure what SVxxx I was most interested in. I like the lower weight than those heavy cast 21s from Tesla, but I also like higher range, so I decided to stick with the aeros
Definitely smarter than buying $4500 rims and then selling them for $2k.

Nice! How does the S feel compared to the 3 in terms of size? I've driven a 3 and it felt like a Go-Kart - super nippy and fun to overtake people (responsibly!). Do you ever feel like the extra length of the S makes it less enjoyable/more difficult to overtake people on smaller lengths of road?

For example, how is it overtaking someone driving 45mph in a 55mph, 2 lane road with a couple hundred feet of visibility?
I asked @jebinc this over in the LR thread and I’m hoping for an evolving answer as he continue to drive it!

It will likely hold its value quite well considering all the auto parts shortages and overall new vehicle shortages. That’s why the prices for used cars have gone through the roof. So any new vehicles, especially “niche” vehicles like the unique tri-motor Tesla MS Plaid (still seems more like a limited production vehicle vs a mass production vehicle thus far) will likely hold its value fairly well for a while. Maybe the MS Plaids selling online are in fact getting a hefty premium? Don’t know but whatever happens, happens.
That definitely depends on what the shortage situation is like in a year from now. If everything is back on track then there could be huge depreciation on our 2021s, but who knows. Although considering how difficult it is to get a Model S right now (orders pushed to April), I think we should be good for a while!

yknow everyone has been shitting on the 19s and so I’ve been questioning my wheel taste, but this just tells me… diff’rent strokes for diff’rent folks. I wouldn’t go with these but whatever floats your boat. Hope you enjoy em!

ETA: oh dear, just caught up with the thread. I hereby disavow any cahoots with @Tigers or @AnselmDante , my opinions about these wheels are my own hahaha.
Your wheels are just fine since it only matters what makes you happy; nobody else. I’m certainly not sh1tting on anyone’s choices. I was merely making a point with what some people think as their sarcastic jokes, aren’t necessarily funny to others when you’re simply writing something online. Tigers should tone down the sarcasm in his brain b/c it doesn’t always come out that way when he writes a post.

Reactions: Ramphex
@Venom. The 3 is more Tossable, yes. I was expecting the Plaid to feel like a boat, but I was pleasantly surprised. It is heavier, and you can feel that, but you can tune the suspension as well as you so desire. If I had a four car garage, instead of three, I would have kept the 3 was well. The S is so much quieter, and you can set the suspension for comfort, if you’re going to take a long cruise. I expected more buyers remorse than I have. Actually, I don’t have any yet, and really was expecting that I would.

Yeah that makes sense. I never really hold onto cars for longer than a year and with the 4680s at least 1 year out (IMO), I think it'll line up perfectly for me. I just wonder what the depreciation will be like for the Plaid in a year.

I asked around a bit on the depreciation question. It's just too hard to know for sure and I never got a solid answer. the used car market is a little crazy but don't forget about the taxes you have to pay on the car. And on the Plaid that is a significant number. Feel free to IM me if you want to discuss!

Looking for Tesla Model S long Range/Plaid reservation
I am looking for a car that has specifically a white interior, not crème. My preferred exterior color would be black followed by grey. I am looking for a plaid or long range (that has the refreshed interior) that has an earlier delivery date (Sep-Oct), or one that’s available now. Let me know! Thanks
3 1 0 5 6 0 7 8 6 6
I'm looking for a 19 year old gymnast nanny yoga instructor that's willing to do things she'll regret. We all have wants.

Yes, a 6/19 Model 3 dual motor LR with acceleration boost and FSD. Love(d) the car!
The LR needs an acceleration boost. Drop the 0-60 to 2.5 or 2.6.

Attachments

• C84897A0-A76C-43F9-9343-6EB820C732C2.gif
    C84897A0-A76C-43F9-9343-6EB820C732C2.gif
    88.1 KB · Views: 26
My only question with going aftermarket like the signature is what will be Tesla's criteria for unlocking the max top speed performance? Will they require their own tire/wheel "track" package or will properly rated wheels/tires do? Not that I intend to do 200mph on the regular but would be nice to take it out to certain venues that allow for such things.