Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jesus. This guy is killing me. Why couldn't he have checked into this BEFORE he ruined my day yesterday?
Barry...

Many of us (customers) have been asking for Tesla to step up their communication to (push) proactively let us know when "things develop" rather than only tell us things when we call to ask for status (pull).

Here, Tesla called you to say "Hey, we might have a delay here. It's unfortunate but we wanted to let you know so you could adjust your plans accordingly."

This is a good thing. It should be appreciated not attacked.

I realize it's stressful waiting for a car you wanted the day you put money down (and we've all experienced that kind of stress, except perhaps the folks that bought loaners/test-drive vehicles) but your reaction kind of supports those that might grimace and say "the customer may be 'always right' but there's no pleasing some of them."

Please don't provide feedback here to Tesla that motivates them to go back into "say nothing" mode like they've done in the past all too often.

Barry...

Many of us (customers) have been asking for Tesla to step up their communication to (push) proactively let us know when "things develop" rather than only tell us things when we call to ask for status (pull).

Here, Tesla called you to say "Hey, we might have a delay here. It's unfortunate but we wanted to let you know so you could adjust your plans accordingly."

I realize it's stressful waiting for a car you wanted the day you put money down (and we've all experienced that kind of stress, except perhaps the folks that bought loaners/test-drive vehicles) but your reaction kind of supports those that might grimace and say "the customer may be 'always right' but there's no pleasing some of them."

Please don't provide feedback here to Tesla that motivates them to go back into "say nothing" mode like they've done in the past all too often.

There's a grey area a mile wide between saying nothing and saying too much. He should have made sure. He called me yesterday night and got the information that my car was on time this morning. There was no need to put me through this. Should they call if your car is GOING to be delayed? Yes. Should they call if your car MIGHT be delayed? No. I'll defend Tesla to the death, but this was handled poorly and it's been a huge buzz kill. I got the distinct impression they were simply feeling me out to see if they could get away with bumping me. That's not a great feeling.

Last edited:
Barry...

Agreed I would have much rather had the proactive approach as opposed to what I experienced with initiating contact for any information.

Barey I hear you, my car was delayed a week, any feeling in your gut will quickly dissipate when you get into your P85. They are shooting for 2 week delivery windows and sometimes they miss. My entire drive home I could not stop smiling/laughing every time I hit the accel. Tesla Model S, More Addictive Than Crack

Also come to think of it, I would have pooped my pants with joy had I received an email saying actually my car wasn't delayed a week. There are multiple ways to look at all situations, you are in control of your mood. Pissed he ruined your day or doing push ups next to your desk to try and get rid of all the excitement that your car will be ready on Thursday.

- - - Updated - - -

Barey I agreed yes they should verify all facts and it is very frustrating. I was very upset when I learned mine was delayed, and it all disappeared when I got the car. Congrats on your new P85!!!

I just spent some time on the phone with my DS and I think he did the best he could with the tools he has. I guess as a business owner I'm just concerned if this is their standard MO. Too many people are getting these phone calls delaying their deliveries. If they are that close to the wire on these things, they need to put them into production sooner or otherwise figure out why this is happening so much.

Either way, I went ahead and paid for the car, and I'm happy it's really on the way. I just hope they don't change their minds again... The whole thing has got me nervous now.

teslapayment.png

Last edited:
Just as I was reading this I got the call too. :cursing: Delivery delayed till Tuesday, which means Saturday for me as I live a few hours away. Damn..... Hope they call me back with a change but I doubt it...

That's what I thought too. I'd suggest sending them an email if this is going to create a hardship for you and then waiting to hear from them with absolute confirmation. I hope they find out it was a mistake. Try not to let it upset you in the meantime, like I didn't do.

That's what I thought too. I'd suggest sending them an email if this is going to create a hardship for you and then waiting to hear from them with absolute confirmation. I hope they find out it was a mistake. Try not to let it upset you in the meantime, like I didn't do.

I think it is pretty set in stone. Already got a confirmation email and the pickup date has changed on my dashboard. Really sucks as my first email said competing production 10/16 to 10/23. Then got a phone call a few weeks later saying they had good news, my Model S would be arriving early on 10/26. Then got this delay after I had got a confirming email yesterday. Oh well. Still trying to see if there is a way I could skip out on work to get it Tuesday....

Dude. Party time. YES! Have fun. And post pics when you get around to it.

Take the extra long way home!!

Post pics and initial thoughts after you put on 300 miles tomorrow :biggrin:

Man I'm getting excited for this! I can't believe it's really happening. Right now I'm cleaning out my old SUV and getting her ready for sale. I decided to leave a couple of home made CD's and one Tape for the new owners since I won't be needing those any longer. ;)

I get to drive it home from Fremont tomorrow, so that's a nice first drive. It's going to be GREAT to have it home in my own Garage. I'm sure I'll be making multiple trips out to the garage to make sure I'm not dreaming. It's a good day my friends. I'll definitely be posting some pics of the whole experience. Today is going to be a very long day... :D :D :D

Model S Delivery - Hard Time Waiting

Hello fellow Tesla owners,

This is my first post. I've been waiting about a month for my new baby and still have about a month to go.

It has been really hard waiting this long for something so desired. I'm following all of your stories and your deliveries each day. It keeps me distracted while I watch the days go by.

I have purchased a key holder for my belt, looked into rims and snow tires, shopped for hood protection solutions, researched car wash procedures, read the owner's manual 10 times and still I cannot take my mind off of this every minute of every day.

Please keep your delivery (and other) stories coming to keep me sane!!! I'll provide updates as I hear more from Tesla.

Thanks for your help,

Tesla Obsessed!!!

S85 | MC Red | Tan Interior | Tech (w/ Pwr Mirror) | Pano | Sensors | Twin Charger | 19" Primacy | Subzero Weather Package

Deposit 9/22 | Confirm 9/25 | VIN 10/8 - 25679 | Production ?? | Delivery ??

This is my first post. I've been waiting about a month for my new baby and still have about a month to go.

It has been really hard waiting this long for something so desired. I'm following all of your stories and your deliveries each day. It keeps me distracted while I watch the days go by.

I have purchased a key holder for my belt, looked into rims and snow tires, shopped for hood protection solutions, researched car wash procedures, read the owner's manual 10 times and still I cannot take my mind off of this every minute of every day.

Please keep your delivery (and other) stories coming to keep me sane!!! I'll provide updates as I hear more from Tesla.

Thanks for your help,

Tesla Obsessed!!!

S85 | MC Red | Tan Interior | Tech (w/ Pwr Mirror) | Pano | Sensors | Twin Charger | 19" Primacy | Subzero Weather Package

Welcome, cwave1! The waiting is so hard, but so worth it in the end. I did the same, read everything here, watched every video, checked the phone app every 10 minutes to see if I had a VIN yet, etc. Just keep reading the forum and posting, this is a great source of information and support. The time will eventually come and we'll enjoy hearing about your delivery and seeing your pics!

Tesla Obsessed!!!

Congrats on the order and time will fly (even though it won't seem like it) and before you know it you'll be picking-up your new S.

Stick around here for a month or so, and that should keep you entertained :wink: