Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These are the same wheels I'm getting but on @kgoroway 's blue MS Plaid and I believe his are 20"; got mine to match the exact 21" oem Arachnid sizes and offsets. So, whatever you want to call them I guess. btw -- Brooks @ Dragtimes.com is now running his red MS Plaid on these exact wheels as well. Super aggressive and nice concave design...I think they look great on the MS Plaid! 🔥:cool:👍 View attachment 697016
View attachment 697017
View attachment 697018
His are 21". Can be seen on the tire.

These are the same wheels I'm getting but on @kgoroway 's blue MS Plaid; got mine to match the exact 21" oem Arachnid sizes and offsets. So, whatever you want to call them I guess. btw -- Brooks @ Dragtimes.com is now running his red MS Plaid on these exact wheels as well. Super aggressive and nice concave design...I think they look great on the MS Plaid, not to mention a 10lb unsprung weight reduction per wheel so 40lb total less! 🔥:cool:👍 View attachment 697016
View attachment 697017
View attachment 697018

They look awesome!

I’m confused as to how someone that is buying a $100k car, doesn’t have a few grand for wheels and tires to the point where their car would sit for four months? 😳. I’m all for spending money, but if I can’t get tires and spend freely on whatever I want, whenever I want, then I have no business buying a $100k car. Blows my mind. 🤦‍♂️
While I understand that nobody here is probably hurting for cash, I'd like to respectfully point out that there's a very big difference between "I have budgeted for this very large purchase and am well within my means to do so" and "I am making this purchase because I have unlimited means and thereby can afford any surprise expenses that might come along with it."

It's very likely that @AnselmDante, like many of us, has gotten to a place where they can afford this car through disciplined budgeting and aggressive saving, rather than just having immense wealth. Let's not forget that many people in our own communities carve out their entire lives on "a few grand" each year--extra wheels is a lot of money everywhere outside of this micro-bubble.

This is the kind of elitist crap that makes me not want to continue on these forums. It's a recurring theme here. People with enough disposable income to just pay with cash on a $100k+ car disapprovingly judging those who cannot do the same. I was not joking. I don't know if I can come up with another $6000+ between September and November. My credit is 802 and my unsecured debt is zero, so I could just throw it on a credit card but I won't. I have 4 vehicles at my disposal, so parking it for a few months is not a big deal. Granted, those other 4 vehicles combined are worth less than this purchase, but if I don't have the cash for the rims, I will wait.

I'm not living beyond my means. What I am doing is buying something I want for myself, for the first time in my life, and I have saved for several years to make it happen. I really want the Plaid, but I am a rational person who knows that would be a financial burden. A $100k loan payment is well outside my financial means, which is why I am putting down enough cash to make it a $55k loan, which is comfortably within my means.

This group here swings between "We should not complain about waiting because others have less" to "Dude you can't afford $7k rims? LOL."

Where do you draw the line? PPF can cost around $8k. If someone here says they can't afford that, I guess they are living beyond their means? What about those of us buying a LR because we can't afford the Plaid? Are we being foolish too? What about the MANY people here who have no business buying a 2 second vehicle, because we know they are too old or too timid to really appreciate it. Are they being foolish with their money as well?

I think I can afford a $100k car without living beyond by means, but I guess if I can't drop another $16k on PPF, ceramic coating, tint, brake repainting, and a second set of rims, I should just buy a modest Camry.

When I originally thought to but this car, it cost $70K. Then the refresh was announced and it went up by $12K. I re-evaluated my situation, and decided that is a bridge too far. SO I test drove the Model 3. I didn't like it. I then decided to drop the FSD, and save a bit more for the Model S. I ordered the vehicle with Tempest wheels, but I hated them. I realized it would bother me, so I switched to the Arachnids, and added more savings to the down payment. At that time, there was no mention of summer tires on anything.

This all happened before I had access to the owners manual, and knew about the summer tires. When I found out about the summer tires on the 21" I would have switched back, but by then it was a $500 increase in cost to go backwards, because of the price increase.

So here I am, with enough for a comfortable loan, and not enough for $6-7K to pay cash for rims. So I either cancel my order, or possibly park it for the winter. If I have to pay $7k for rims and tires, it will be parked. If I have better options by November, like a rim and tire package around $4k, I will drive it. Either way, I don't need anyone else applying their choices and judgements to my decisions.
But what do you really think? 🙃 I think you need your car!

Disclaimer that everyone is entitled to their opinion so just sharing mine here... Having the MS for the last few days with the yoke.. I am actually liking it better than a steering wheel. My arms and hands are more rested as the bottom loops gives a good place to rest my arms while driving. In a standard steering wheel having a more circular shape, I couldn't rest my arms during driving. Had to support it either on the center console or left door trim which are not at good height.

Turning has become also a lot easier as well since hands don't have to swivel as much when you "push" down for left or right turns. Like I said before, just sharing my experience so far which has been much pleasant. Oh and how sweet is it to have all that power to go along with comfort.

With the new cabin and seats, it's an amazing feeling to have when you can experience a true luxury and comfortable sedan with almost no outside noise, and switch it to be the fastest car on the planet at a moments notice. Which other vehicle can be used in a similar context...

Disclaimer that everyone is entitled to their opinion so just sharing mine here... Having the MS for the last few days with the yoke.. I am actually liking it better than a steering wheel. My arms and hands are more rested as the bottom loops gives a good place to rest my arms while driving. In a standard steering wheel having a more circular shape, I couldn't rest my arms during driving. Had to support it either on the center console or left door trim which are not at good height.

Turning has become also a lot easier as well since hands don't have to swivel as much when you "push" down for left or right turns. Like I said before, just sharing my experience so far which has been much pleasant. Oh and how sweet is it to have all that power to go along with comfort.

With the new cabin and seats, it's an amazing feeling to have when you can experience a true luxury and comfortable sedan with almost no outside noise, and switch it to be the fastest car on the planet at a moments notice. Which other vehicle can be used in a similar context...
Agreed, yoke no big deal. I love it!

I’m confused as to how someone that is buying a $100k car, doesn’t have a few grand for wheels and tires to the point where their car would sit for four months? 😳. I’m all for spending money, but if I can’t get tires and spend freely on whatever I want, whenever I want, then I have no business buying a $100k car. Blows my mind. 🤦‍♂️
I agree with this although someone else's poor financial decisions to live beyond their means certainly isn't anyone else's business. However, if he were my kid, I would probably make his life quite painful for making some very stupid decisions with his money, lol. I would say there are other cars out there for you, son...and if you want an EV and a Tesla, there's the Tesla M3 or what about the VW ID.4? Much more practical, decent 260mi. max battery range and doesn't cost $100k+.

Last edited:

Yes, the yoke is a great thing for me.

No comment on no stalk and all buttons on wheel aspect? I’ve not read a single review praising (for example) inability to blow horn via airbag

Reactions: TheMacc