Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't count on it. Seems like some of these issues are 'par for the course' at Tesla. It's things like these that Tesla owners/drivers seem to forgive in favor of how well their cars perform, and I believe reliability over several years of driving seems to be quite good, actually much better than most ICE auto manufacturers (even high-end cars). So, perhaps Tesla isn't for you? Maybe yes or maybe no; you may want to check out all the available EVs out there, ones from Porsche, Audi, VW, Volvo/Polestar, BMW, MB, Jaguar, GM, Ford, Lucid, Rivian, and new ones coming in 2022 from Hyundai and Kia I think. Test drive, compare, etc. But, I highly doubt Tesla's minor imperfections and slighly lower quality control will be any better by Jan or Feb, 2022. Just my $0.02. Goo
I sent a private conversation request sent to him practically begging for the VIN on the car he refused delivery on. I’m paying insurance and have my car fully funded just to find out today that it never shipped, is still sitting in Fremont, and won’t be here for weeks. I would drive to Dallas tomorrow to close this deal. I don’t give a crap if it even HAS a hood on it! Haha

No, from the Tesla store.
All Tesla models now use the same adapters that were introduced with Model 3. None of the older ones will fit the cables that come with the cars now. I just noticed that as I was considering selling my array of Model 3 connectors, used for remote use when welding shops and campgrounds were used. They now might be used for some very remote areas so I'm keeping mine, and even my seven year old CHAdeMO adapter, useful still in some parts fo Canada and even a bit of the Northwest US.

I’m going to sound like a nooob. I just realized the charger that came with my car didn’t come with a Nema 14-50. My P100D came with it so idk.

So do I just buy a gen 2 nema 14-50 adapter off Amazon? Cheers
Others have mentioned it - you can buy it from the Tesla store, or, I just bought one when I picked up my Plaid - the SCs have 14-50s/10-30s/etc. adapters that they'll sell you on the spot.

True but you gotta pay to play, right? LOL. Honestly, I bought the new wheels for 2 reasons...1) yes for the weight savings and 2) I wanted the car to look just a little different than 90% of all the other new 'refresh' MS Plaids and LRs out there. Most ppl, even here in South Florida will likely be driving their new MS Plaids and LRs on oem Tesla wheels. Nobody bit on the TMC Marketplace for me to sell my oem 21" Tesla Arachnid wheels (without tires as I'll be swapping the oem Michelin PS4's to the new wheels) so I'll be selling the set on eBay after I get everything in Oct.
Wasn’t judging, just having fun. I plan to be “lighter in the wallet” as well, but will stick with 19s!

I still have a feeling Musk & Tesla will decide the yoke steering will be an option for the refresh MX. I'm sorry but I just cannot see all the soccer moms out there trying to get used to driving with the yoke steering. If the yoke is std with no other choice, I think there will a lot of very unhappy wives beating up their husbands and screaming at them for ordering the car with that crazy half steering wheel thing!!!! LOL!!! 🤪 🤣

Last edited:
Skipped 74 pages……you know I ordered the + and converted to Plaid. Got the ‘apology’ letter few weeks back but no EDD. Silly.

MSM/21/White/CF/FSD

$12k lower than current pricing ($10k price uptick since I ordered + $2k promised off for FSD).

Installed the app upgrade for giggles checked my account as the reservation shows on the app now. Well the S anyway (not the 3 CTs). States to ‘go to account’ to manage. OK. Why not.

I have an EDD! 10/1-31. Happy 🎃

And for those of you who might have read my previous posts, I’m more than likely going to defer to the new year.

Delivery date changed after steady for a week.
October to blank to October to November to November/December, now it’s December 8-28.
Updated EDD: NOW showing Oct 30-Nov 14. It's moving in the right direction finally. I'm amazed that they didn't try for an EOQ timeline, but that's actually fine to avoid all the craziness at SC.

I have thought the same--my car is ridiculously consistent going 0-60 -- in many ways, it is good as SoC does not seem to matter, but it almost seems too consistent, which, I know, sounds weird.
It sounds exactly right if the performance is software limited.

I am absolutely convinced that the hp is also software limited and that we will see a paid option to uncork it probably coincidentally around the time another EV comes close to the Plaid performance. Apparently the Plaid motors exceed 1200hp and are software limited to 1020. I can feel my wallet getting lighter already.

It sounds exactly right if the performance is software limited.

I am absolutely convinced that the hp is also software limited and that we will see a paid option to uncork it probably coincidentally around the time another EV comes close to the Plaid performance. Apparently the Plaid motors exceed 1200hp and are software limited to 1020. I can feel my wallet getting lighter already.
Likewise, seems impossible that they won't unlock the LR (for a fee) at the same time.

I still have a feeling Musk & Tesla will decide the yoke steering will be an option for the refresh MX. I'm sorry but I just cannot see all the soccer moms out there trying to get used to driving with the yoke steering. If the yoke is std with no other choice, I think there will a lot of very unhappy wives beating up their husbands and screaming at them for ordering the car with that crazy half steering wheel thing!!!! LOL!!! 🤪 🤣
I saw a Plaid X at a brewery near Space X last week and it had a yoke.

@MAHahh congrats on delivery! Could you share some pics, inside and out? You have my exact config (except plaid vs LR) and I haven’t seen it yet. I’m starting to have second thoughts given my late EDD (I’m worried about the new Canadian luxury tax on 1 Jan that will add over $6K in taxes alone). I’m seriously considering settling for an M3P, I need a reminder why I should stick with the S and hope for delivery Q4 😊
@sandman1330 Sorry this took so long - finally got a chance to get pictures and post them. I hope you didn't give up, while I was taking so long! My kiddo is an aspiring automotive photographer, and wanted to get "good" pictures...

By the way, that right front corner, the hood right over the headlight, is the worst panel gap I had. (It looks better in person, without the shadows!) I can live with that...
DSC_0021-3.jpg
DSC_0011-2a.jpg
DSC_0028-3a.jpg
DSC_0032-2.jpg
DSC_0006a.jpg

My EDD:
On 8/10 - 9/12-9/30
On 8/12 - 9/6-9/26
On 8/13 - 9/1-9/21
On 8/14 - 8/31-9/20
On 8/18 - 9/2-9/20
On 8/20 - 9/3-9/16
On 8/25 - Email invite to virtual orientation
On 8/26 - 8/26-8/29 - VIN assigned MF4393 and Final Balance Now Due email :)
Delivery date set up for Sunday 8/29 (I was offered tomorrow, 8/27)

MS LR, AutoP, 19" White/Black Ordered 3/6/21, RN11460 - Long Island, NY

I sent a private conversation request sent to him practically begging for the VIN on the car he refused delivery on. I’m paying insurance and have my car fully funded just to find out today that it never shipped, is still sitting in Fremont, and won’t be here for weeks. I would drive to Dallas tomorrow to close this deal. I don’t give a crap if it even HAS a hood on it! Haha
There’s a Pearl White Plaid on 19s available in inventory if you type in a Dallas zip code.