Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@sandman1330 Sorry this took so long - finally got a chance to get pictures and post them. I hope you didn't give up, while I was taking so long! My kiddo is an aspiring automotive photographer, and wanted to get "good" pictures...

By the way, that right front corner, the hood right over the headlight, is the worst panel gap I had. (It looks better in person, without the shadows!) I can live with that...View attachment 701808View attachment 701809View attachment 701810View attachment 701811View attachment 701812
Looks beautiful, near match to my hypothetical car. Enjoy!

Looking for something insanely fast that also has incredible handling. Also needs to be comfortable for long road trips. Trunk needs to be large enough to fit one medium sized suitcase.
Ok so the Plaid would likely fit most of those, but the handling may not be like incredible per se. I haven't personally been in one yet, so I cannot say, but several people seem to say that it has monstrous mechanical grip, and hugs the road well, although there are physics to a big sedan. Could you maybe rate how important each of those are in like a 1 to 5 scale?

Ok so the Plaid would likely fit most of those, but the handling may not be like incredible per se. I haven't personally been in one yet, so I cannot say, but several people seem to say that it has monstrous mechanical grip, and hugs the road well, although there are physics to a big sedan. Could you maybe rate how important each of those are in like a 1 to 5 scale?
That’s fair!

Acceleration - 5
Handling (not feeling like I’m driving a boat) - 5
Comfort - 5
Storage space - 2

That’s fair!

Speed - 5
Handling (not feeling like I’m driving a boat) - 5
Comfort - 5
Storage space - 2
Excellent. Ok so far, the Roadster actually seems to be more your style, although the Plaid is really close. The biggest issue is the 5 rating for the comfort, which I'm not sure if the Roadster will do. I will rate both cars as they will likely be, from 1 to 5.
Plaid:
Speed-5.0 until about 100 (where Roadster kicks in)
Handling- 4-4.4
Comfort - 5
Storage space- 5

Roadster:
Speed -5.0 (plus 250+ top speed)
Handling -5
Comfort- 3.5-4 to maybe 4.2
Storage space- 3.5-4

Last edited:
Tesla isn't making this easy. To recap, they didn't inform me that I couldn't pick up my car in Dallas bc of out of state registration until I called them. Called them today again to switch to Colorado pick up and finally the rep pushed it through. Issue is my wife and our company are listed on the order and registration box on the website and she can't pick up the car in Colorado due to work commitments.

Could I have Tesla change the registration name to my name + the company? Loan is in her name and company name. The Tesla rep had no idea and told me to call back tomorrow.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
The Service Center, is still "working with engineering" to determine the root cause, AKA, they don't know what is wrong. They plan to keep the car till they figure it out. But so far it has an additional 10 miles on it now, so they are driving it. Overall its pretty disappointing, but what can you do?
For those of you that want to know the continued story of my S that broke down within 6 miles of leaving the SC. The team at the SC is doing everything they can, but they are stumped, and so is Tesla engineering. One for the books I must say. Not sure how I feel about picking up my Plaid on Sat.

Haha I've decided to go see the MSM/wood one tomorrow, and if all goes well and there aren't major issues, I'll accept that delivery. I have a backup MSM/CF but I think I'm going to like the ebony wood trim better.
Look close at the wood. I'm having quality issues with mine. I just posted in the refresh issues thread:

Your cup holder 3D printed part looks great, can you share or point me towards the stl? Many thanks!
@IamGaryGnu I posted yesterday, probably 500 pages back, :oops: that this was made for me for my M3+. I modified it for the Plaid and painted and clear coat it to match my MSM Plaid. No stl file to share. Now, if you go on eBay, they are a dime a dozen and less that $15US.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Do other owners share this impression? Is the door-closing noise really improved?

(It's the little things that matter.)
Definitely improved. My doors close well and have a satisfyingly solid sound.

As a bonus at least on mine the windows and seals are all essentially flush. The glass is no longer proud of the seal.

Excellent. Ok so far, the Roadster actually seems to be more your style, although the Plaid is really close. The biggest issue is the 5 rating for the comfort, which I'm not sure if the Roadster will do. I will rate both cars as they will likely be, from 1 to 5.
Plaid:
Speed-5.0 until about 100 (where Roadster kicks in)
Handling- 4-4.4
Comfort - 5
Storage space- 5

Roadster:
Speed -5.0 (plus 250+ top speed)
Handling -5
Comfort- 3.5-4 to maybe 4.2
Storage space- 3.5-4
There is also a large price difference between the two, AND the roadster is vapor ware for the foreseeable future.