Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So it actually was delivered. I can't believe it.
No need to discuss the acceleration etc. You all already know.
What you might be more interested in hearing is I spent over 1 hour doing a meticulous inspection.
The car has not one single flaw. It is literally perfect. The panels are straight in and out (except the rear passenger doors) But I expected that and Im ok with it too.
The VIN is 439

Late eve pics, sorry about that, but I was busy taking off the front bracket and setting everything up.

Thanks for the checklist @MarcG
Sweet. Looks and sounds just like my experience earlier this week. Congrats!

What you might be more interested in hearing is I spent over 1 hour doing a meticulous inspection.
The car has not one single flaw. It is literally perfect. The panels are straight in and out (except the rear passenger doors) But I expected that and Im ok with it too.
The VIN is 439

Late eve pics, sorry about that, but I was busy taking off the front bracket and setting everything up.

You must have “the vein”! Post a picture of the yoke!

The VIN is 439

That’s awesome, congrats! Could you share the checklist?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
For anyone interested in my 19” tire saga, attached is today’s info from post-delivery tech. No resolution yet.

Attachments

• D95F137A-52F8-49A1-B57C-F54342F239E4.jpeg
    D95F137A-52F8-49A1-B57C-F54342F239E4.jpeg
    192.3 KB · Views: 69
Few posts back, someone canceled their order and the worm vein was one of the reasons mentioned along with panel gaps.
Fair enough, I can appreciate that. But what I was referring to is all the phallic descriptions of the mis-formed plastic. And would the people that like to describe the issue in a phallic manner describe it the same way to their boss, spouse, children, mother, etc?
I don’t care what nitwit describes something as something, but I do have an awareness that there are other people on the planet. And maybe, just maybe, they don’t want to read about a “tubesteak vein” or some other such nonsense when they’re trying to learn about Tesla’s. But, hey, that could just be me and in reality everyone thinks it’s great. And in that case I’m happy to live in my own little bubble of treating people, online or in person, respectfully.

Fair enough, I can appreciate that. But what I was referring to is all the phallic descriptions of the mis-formed plastic. And would the people that like to describe the issue in a phallic manner describe it the same way to their boss, spouse, children, mother, etc?
I don’t care what nitwit describes something as something, but I do have an awareness that there are other people on the planet. And maybe, just maybe, they don’t want to read about a “tubesteak vein” or some other such nonsense when they’re trying to learn about Tesla’s. But, hey, that could just be me and in reality everyone thinks it’s great. And in that case I’m happy to live in my own little bubble of treating people, online or in person, respectfull
I don’t care what nitwit describes something as something, but I do have an awareness that there are other people on the planet. And maybe, just maybe, they don’t want to read about a “tubesteak vein” or some other such nonsense when they’re trying to learn about Tesla’s. But, hey, that could just be me and in reality everyone thinks it’s great. And in that case I’m happy to live in my own little bubble of treating people, online or in person, respectfully.
Honestly I’ve only heard tubesteak referred to for hot dogs or brautwlrst. Then I looked it up and second definition after hot dog is slang for penis. Better colloquialisms could be used in my opinion.

Anyone driven both a Model S plaid and a Model 3 performance? How different does the acceleration feel? Also, Model S plaid Vs raven acceleration feeling?

A colorful explanation would be appreciated.
Well I've felt the Raven, and also the M3P, and there is quite big difference in speed. The P100D actually hits you in the gut harder, but really dies after 65 mph, while the Raven holds power significantly better. Granted, I've been to about 125 mph in a M3P, versus roughly 80 in the Raven, so I can't speak for high high speed. Hell, I bet the difference from M3P to LR MS is quite noticeable, so I can only imagine the difference from M3P to Plaid, ESPECIALLY after 70 mph, when the M3P begins to lose some power versus the Plaid, which hasn't even made its peak yet.

You're way off base on this. Making humorous remarks is not being disrespectful. Most people here are above the age of 50. If you still can't think of a penis at that age without feeling disrespected, you have bigger issues to work on than forum etiquette.

🍆

Well I've felt the Raven, and also the M3P, and there is quite big difference in speed. The P100D actually hits you in the gut harder, but really dies after 65 mph, while the Raven holds power significantly better. Granted, I've been to about 125 mph in a M3P, versus roughly 80 in the Raven, so I can't speak for high high speed. Hell, I bet the difference from M3P to LR MS is quite noticeable, so I can only imagine the difference from M3P to Plaid, ESPECIALLY after 70 mph, when the M3P begins to lose some power versus the Plaid, which hasn't even made its peak yet.
The P100D hits you harder in the gut than a Plaid or Raven?

The P100D hits you harder in the gut than a Plaid or Raven?
Well I haven't been in the Plaid yet unfortunately, but yes, the P100D, at least to me, felt slightly harder. Like the stomach feeling. However, that thing began to feel like a SR+ M3 after 65 to 75 mph. The Raven's power delivery was far more controlled IMO, and really smooth and continuous. I definitely liked the Raven more, especially with all of the suspension improvements and QC.

Reactions: impastu