Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up the car today! The nightmare delivery process and terrible miscommunication/service I've been dealing with the last several weeks is finally over!

The new bumper they had to put on didn't have the license plate holder :) I've already dropped the car off to the detail shop for ppf/coating/tint. Hoping to get it back next weekend for some racing. I have an 1100hp 3rd gen CTS-V that is a handful but the plaid should be a bit faster and much more usable year round, with less drama and less breaking lol. The V is currently getting its built motor refreshed/rebuilt (3rd time).

First impression from the very short drive I had: I think I'll like the yoke and figured out the blinkers quick. Car feels solid and very comfortable and roomy inside.... could easily fit 4 Biden rallies. The carbon fiber looks great with black interior. The cooled seats might be the best I've experienced.. especially on a day like today with 106+ heat index.

The delivery guy I spoke with documented the steering wheel worm and said he would see what Tesla says about replacement. To my shock, he flat out said MOST of the cars they have received so far DO NOT have the worm, which is the opposite of what I have seen. Interesting.

I'll post more pics after the tint/etc is done.

View attachment 702346
looks great without the plate...what do I do I NY?

RE: the acceleration ...sounds like you had it in "Chill" mode or that middle mode -- Sport maybe; not Plaid mode. IDK but that just doesn't sounds right to me. 🤔
Nah it was in Plaid, not my first rodeo so that was the first setting I changed before leaving the factory ;)

Don’t get me wrong, it accelerated hard. Just not as much as I was expecting given all the hype.

Maybe I just need a roadster 2.0 with SpaceX package 🤣

In all seriousness though, it was interesting to almost feel “torque steer” as the frontend gets super light on acceleration, and the yoke wants to yank you one way or the other. Very eerie.

To me you just described the Roadster. What I also like about the Roadster is that it has a sporty look. That's important to me personally. This is not meant to speak poorly on the Plaid as it looks cool. Roadster is just next level.
Yeah exactly. We just don't know how comfortable the Roadster will be though. Maybe the seats are super uncomfortable? As long as it's the same or more comfortable than the S I'll be really happy.

Nah it was in Plaid, not my first rodeo so that was the first setting I changed before leaving the factory ;)

Don’t get me wrong, it accelerated hard. Just not as much as I was expecting given all the hype.

Maybe I just need a roadster 2.0 with SpaceX package 🤣

In all seriousness though, it was interesting to almost feel “torque steer” as the front end gets super light on acceleration, and the yoke wants to yank you one way or the other. Very eerie.
Fascinating, since the thing pulls 1.3g almost at any speed. It's so quick that your face tends to get "pushed back" and you feel it in your gut. I had a 700HP/TQ GT-R and I've felt NOTHING like what I felt driving another (local) TMC's member's MS Plaid. I mean 1,050 ft-lb TQ is something else, so even if you've driven 1,200 HP ICE vehicles before, the MS Plaid seems much quicker with much more pulling TQ! I suppose IF you're used to driving 2,000 HP/TQ drag cars or race cars, then I can understand that the feeling you get driving in an MS Plaid would be quite "normal," but for 99% of people, I think it's quite a surprise and a major RUSH when driving the MS Plaid for the first time! Anyhow, enjoy!! :cool:

Just got VIN (MF441xxx)! First EV and couldn’t be more excited.

Ordered MSP/Blue/CF/19/FSD on 7/30.

Revised to MSP/Blk/CF/19/FSD on 8/9.

EDD bounced from Dec to Jan (first few days) to Sept and then stabilized 9/5 - 9/19 for past couple weeks.

Now need to get the 240 service to my detached garage, wall connector, aftermarket wheels (20’’ Signature Wheel SV104), A/S tires, tint and ceramic ready for arrival!

Thanks to all those on the forum who’ve provided all the insights thus far!

Will post experience and pics along the journey!

I picked up the car today! The nightmare delivery process and terrible miscommunication/service I've been dealing with the last several weeks is finally over!

The new bumper they had to put on didn't have the license plate holder :) I've already dropped the car off to the detail shop for ppf/coating/tint. Hoping to get it back next weekend for some racing. I have an 1100hp 3rd gen CTS-V that is a handful but the plaid should be a bit faster and much more usable year round, with less drama and less breaking lol. The V is currently getting its built motor refreshed/rebuilt (3rd time).

First impression from the very short drive I had: I think I'll like the yoke and figured out the blinkers quick. Car feels solid and very comfortable and roomy inside.... could easily fit 4 Biden rallies. The carbon fiber looks great with black interior. The cooled seats might be the best I've experienced.. especially on a day like today with 106+ heat index.

The delivery guy I spoke with documented the steering wheel worm and said he would see what Tesla says about replacement. To my shock, he flat out said MOST of the cars they have received so far DO NOT have the worm, which is the opposite of what I have seen. Interesting.

I'll post more pics after the tint/etc is done.

View attachment 702346
That is a great shot! Congrats.

When I said my daughter was excited about the “Tresla” as she calls it, I wasn’t kidding.
The Tesla T logo.

8CCEC0E2-B28C-4DEC-8585-4F412CC45FA0.jpeg

Do you like the touch buttons? That's the thing that I foresee annoying me the most, from the limited time I've spent in a friend's car. Why did it have to be touch buttons?
I would compare to capacitive touch button on an iPhone when you want to pull up camera or flashlight from the Lock Screen. Super responsive and intuitive IF you’re used to capacitive buttons. You feel that haptic feedback and it’s comforting.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Picked up my plaid today and the quality looks impeccable. Really nice. The white with black wheels and carbon fiber spoiler with black interior is stellar. I think biggest thing so far in driving is that the yoke is totally not a big deal. Parked a few times and no issues. Not sure what the fuss is about. People fear change. Ha.
Thanks for the photos! Did you cancel your other orders? Drive your new car in good health! 🦚 🦚 🦚 🦚 🦚 🦚

Last edited:
Wow, was able to get the $2k off for FSD and move my pickup to TODAY! Picking up in 90 mins.
Their communication is absolute garbage. I had to be proactive on every single aspect of this purchase.
Kinda sucks things are not like they used to be.
Silver lining: I'm actually getting the car.
It's a 439 so hopefully no issues 🤞🏻
So it actually was delivered. I can't believe it.
No need to discuss the acceleration etc. You all already know.
What you might be more interested in hearing is I spent over 1 hour doing a meticulous inspection.
The car has not one single flaw. It is literally perfect. The panels are straight in and out (except the rear passenger doors) But I expected that and Im ok with it too.
The VIN is 439

Late eve pics, sorry about that, but I was busy taking off the front bracket and setting everything up.

Thanks for the checklist @MarcG

Attachments

• IMG_4303.jpeg
    IMG_4303.jpeg
    413.7 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_4301.jpeg
    IMG_4301.jpeg
    521 KB · Views: 65