Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, always has been on Advanced.
I would try switching it to standard for a while, maybe a day, and then switch it back to advanced. It is possible that even though your car says Advanced, Tesla's servers think you are on Standard or even not flagged one way or the other at all.

welp now i'm really confused.

RN11394xxxx (VERY early. like the instant ordering was available early, on September 22nd 2020.)
black exterior, white interior, 19" wheels, carbon fibre trim.

initially told "we'll be delivering Q1 2021". Then "July" for a very long time. On August 1st, my delivery date went blank. Then it became February (!!!!)

the "February" bump was very frustrating for me. It will mean i waited a year and a half for my car, and a full year longer than i was initially promised.

yesterday i noticed the estimated delivery date switched from "February" to a specific window in late October / early November. Hooray!!!

But today it is completely blank. :mad:

I understand part shortages but it feels like i am getting repeatedly bumped to the end of the line.
I have the white/CF and went from July to Blank. Updated the other day with 11/3 to 11/23.

@sflgator, this will put a smile on your face. maybe?

The GTR police need to impound that car and strip the owner of their rights to posses that car LOL. Welcome to the slowest “1,000 HP” GTR on this planet. I know bolt-on GTRs that are faster than that, and they are not even 700whp yet. I can’t wait to pick up my Plaid on delivery day this coming Wed., but it won’t be the fasted street car in my garage, by quite a bit. I have pride in my Plaid for what it is, and yes, I’m going to have fun racing it too. The speed it does so discreetly is it’s primary appeal to me.

Don’t let your perception be based upon one guy doing it wrong at a track, or someone lying about the power, on a YouTube video. You run into a proper built big power GTR, and it’ll blow your mind in the same way you blew the mind of that stock Z06 owner that tried you in your plaid.

Don’t get too cocky with GTRs fellow Plaid owners, thar be monsters in these waters.

The GTR police need to impound that car and strip the owner of their rights to posses that car LOL. Welcome to the slowest “1,000 HP” GTR on this planet. I know bolt-on GTRs that are faster than that, and they are not even 700whp yet. I can’t wait to pick up my Plaid on delivery day this coming Wed., but it won’t be the fasted street car in my garage, by quite a bit. I have pride in my Plaid for what it is, and yes, I’m going to have fun racing it too. The speed it does so discreetly is it’s primary appeal to me.

Don’t let your perception be based upon one guy doing it wrong at a track, or someone lying about the power, on a YouTube video. You run into a proper built big power GTR, and it’ll blow your mind in the same way you blew the mind of that stock Z06 owner that tried you in your plaid.

Don’t get too cocky with GTRs fellow Plaid owners, thar be monsters in these waters.
Yeah, I've decided to de-badge my Plaid and going to take it to the local drag strips as a sleeper. Will be interesting to see how long that tactic works! :cool:

I'm going to point out the obvious. With delays abound, I find it quite interesting all of these Plaids have been sprinkled in front a starving group of very impatient buyers. If the right one shows up within 200 miles, I fear my weakness will begin to show.

68D6F0CE-24AB-4826-B17F-FDFD91D4B471.gif

that GTR certainly did not have a good launch or traction as evidenced by the 1.7 60-ft. That car probably can do a lot better, I agree!

There are a couple old modified GTR owners on this thread that have shared their thoughts on this subject.

In contact with some SA from somewhere tying up loose ends anticipating delivery sometime over the next couple weeks. Anyway, went right to the 19 summer vs all season question. My dilemma as well as others at time of sale was we were all mostly told the arachnid 21’s were summer and 19 all season. My game plan was get the all seasons thinking winter and buy 21 summers later and switch them by season. Eventually wearing down the all seasons and getting 19 winters. Getting 19 summers in Boston in the fall coupled with losing out on the 21, 4500 price coupled with not getting the car earlier picking 19’s is enough for me to want to scream.
I’m so pissed off and worse bummed out at his response:
“That's correct the 19" are summer tires as well”
FYI all…😭😭😭😭🤬🤬🤬🤬🤯🤯🤯🤯

• Informative
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I'm going to point out the obvious. With delays abound, I find it quite interesting all of these Plaids have been sprinkled in front a starving group of very impatient buyers. If the right one shows up within 200 miles, I fear my weakness will begin to show.

View attachment 702618
Yeah, I'm picky as hell when it comes to flaws and I fully anticipated QA issues as before. So I was absolutely prepared to reject my Plaid order when I went to pick it up earlier this week. After 3 hours of inspecting it and not being able to find a single flaw with it, I couldn't walk away from her. 😬

View attachment 702618
I keep checking the inventory too. I am only going to look in-state.

How many times must we be reminded to take political discussion elsewhere?

You know it would be fine if one side (does not matter which) would just realize the other side is 100% accurate all the time about everything. Do not ever give up that your candidate is flawless and 100% correct - again, does not matter who that candidate is - you are always correct in your following. Seriously people, WTF?

/s

So I found out it is only different (the way you described) if you finance through Tesla. If you still do outside financing, it is the same as the old way - paid fully in advance before leaving Fremont.
Tesla matched the BOA rate within hours. I preferred this way. My .02’s. Hopefully Texas and Tesla will figure a better way. I’m sure they will.

Ok I finally got TesLAX to play nice with CANserver (thanks to @omarsultan again!) and just went out for a quick run (quite literally quick).

Butt dyno says I’m very traction-limited until 30-40mph, most likely due to less sticky rubber on the 19s, then I literally feel the car pulling a fair bit harder, and it keeps going.. and going.. I did not have it in drag strip mode or cheetah launch.

TesLAX/CANserver isn’t as accurate as Dragy (e.g. 0-60mph and 0-100km/h numbers are the same, which we know shouldn’t be the case) but here goes nonetheless:

View attachment 702559
This is quite underwhelming especially since 0-60 in 2.3secs was the advertised number for Raven. Whether it actually did that number or not is another story. Having currently driving a 2020 Model S, I am questioning my desire of becoming a peacock after reading posts like this one

Well, I believe her proximity to Fremont has something to do with it. Region is always a big factor in these update rollouts.
I know her and wouldn't really consider where she lives all that close to Fremont, but certainly closer than most. She is one of the first 25 delivered which may have something to do with it. Since those mostly went out to people likely to promote the brand.

• Informative
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I know her and wouldn't really consider where she lives all that close to Fremont, but certainly closer than most. She is one of the first 25 delivered which may have something to do with it. Since those mostly went out to people likely to promote the brand.
I'll promote the *sugar* out of Tesla if my car shows up next week!!!

1630181028757.gif

Good to know! I think your synopsis is very well founded, and may be exactly what's occurring here. Hopefully, the update reaches others soon!