Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats on getting your car! Most of those issues should be easily corrected (may take a bit of time).

They only include rear plate frame, not front as far as I’ve seen.

I had the issue with the trim on the rear quarter window lifting up, they ended up having to replace the whole trim piece (which if you look is one continuous piece all the way to the A pillar). The replacement is about 80% better (the part that was sticking out is fixed, but the rear part is now maybe 1-2mm not flush with the C pillar), and they made a small chip in the paint in the area under the trunk hatch (not visible outside, so I just asked them to touch up paint it).

Attachments

• B1AFF54F-4B7B-4CB5-AA66-6D7CB6A6DC93.jpeg
    B1AFF54F-4B7B-4CB5-AA66-6D7CB6A6DC93.jpeg
    500.8 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Sooo after 9 months...i finally made it to finish line.

There are enough first impressions out there so no need to rehash those as i am pretty happy minus a couple of qc issues and those 19 summer tires 😠😠

Issues
Hood mis-alignment near the headlight
Door seal near top of passenger window isnt tucked
Of course the tires, the Delivery person said she didnt think were going to change it. I guess i will just see what happens with @GrnSqrl inquiry. If i have to get all seasons 19s are there specifc ones we should be getting? Definitely wasnt trying to get new tires for new car,😞

Sooo after 9 months...i finally made it to finish line.

There are enough first impressions out there so no need to rehash those as i am pretty happy minus a couple of qc issues and those 19 summer tires 😠😠

Issues
Hood mis-alignment near the headlight
Door seal near top of passenger window isnt tucked
Of course the tires, the Delivery person said she didnt think were going to change it. I guess i will just see what happens with @GrnSqrl inquiry. If i have to get all seasons 19s are there specifc ones we should be getting? Definitely wasnt trying to get new tires for new car,😞
Congratulations on getting the new beast. Enjoy!

@cwanja. Yes, Wifi, cellular, advanced. Not my first rodeo.

Still looking for real answers from folks who have gotten an update, since delivery - How long did it take to get your first OTA update?
My Plaid was delivered June 30. My first OTA software update wasn’t for 5 week. Then I received 2 of them Within a week. I live about 25 miles from Fremont.

@Tex EV had a Model 3 P, refresh Model S LR and a refreshed Model S Plaid. His Plaid delivery here goes into some details.
Thanks for linking this, definitely helped alleviate my concerns regarding the Plaid S not being quick enough and me waiting for a Roadster instead.

I feel like i've seen that guy in this thread before - if you see this, great video sir.

Thanks for linking this, definitely helped alleviate my concerns regarding the Plaid S not being quick enough and me waiting for a Roadster instead.

I feel like i've seen that guy in this thread before - if you see this, great video sir.
I have to admit not understanding your concerns vis a vis the Plaid's quickness/power. It literally is the fastest car produced to date. The Rimac at 25 units and a price tag of $2.4M doesn't count. It is also embarrassing every ICE car at every price point. 🤷‍♂️

I spoke to a Sales Advisor at a nearby store and told her my delivery date vanished and my Plaid is still sitting in Fremont. She scheduled a delivery appointment for me on September 8th, she said sometimes that speeds up the delivery process. I don't believe her but figured it was worth a shot LOL
Just following up here - I recently spoke to a Sales Advisor and they informed me that my vehicle just left the factory and the estimated date for it to arrive at my SC is 09/07 with a delivery of 09/08, which is the date the previous SA scheduled my delivery for. Perhaps her scheduling the delivery appointment helped, or maybe it was just a coincidence? I had a VIN for almost a month so i'm leaning towards the former...

I have to admit not understanding your concerns vis a vis the Plaid's quickness/power. It literally is the fastest car produced to date. The Rimac at 25 units and a price tag of $2.4M doesn't count. It is also embarrassing every ICE car at every price point. 🤷‍♂️
Everyone told me the MYP was going to be insanely quick. It was fun for a week or so since I just switched from ICE, but now it feels slowwww. Just worried I'll feel the same way with the Plaid. Hopefully I'm wrong though!

I'm going to point out the obvious. With delays abound, I find it quite interesting all of these Plaids have been sprinkled in front a starving group of very impatient buyers. If the right one shows up within 200 miles, I fear my weakness will begin to show.

View attachment 702618

I always envisioned you looking more like this than your avatar.

Everyone told me the MYP was going to be insanely quick. It was fun for a week or so since I just switched from ICE, but now it feels slowwww. Just worried I'll feel the same way with the Plaid. Hopefully I'm wrong though!
0-60 in 2 seconds. Continuous pull until you let off the throttle. My friend, that is ALL you need to know! 👍

The MYP feels and is much slower than the LR. The Plaid makes the LR look as if its stationary. Pretty sure you will be damn happy with the Plaid and unlike anything you might have driven earlier. If you are unhappy, then you could keep it regardless till the roadster arrives in 2-3 years. I get a feeling money is no issue for you 😜

The GTR police need to impound that car and strip the owner of their rights to posses that car LOL. Welcome to the slowest “1,000 HP” GTR on this planet. I know bolt-on GTRs that are faster than that, and they are not even 700whp yet. I can’t wait to pick up my Plaid on delivery day this coming Wed., but it won’t be the fasted street car in my garage, by quite a bit. I have pride in my Plaid for what it is, and yes, I’m going to have fun racing it too. The speed it does so discreetly is it’s primary appeal to me.

Don’t let your perception be based upon one guy doing it wrong at a track, or someone lying about the power, on a YouTube video. You run into a proper built big power GTR, and it’ll blow your mind in the same way you blew the mind of that stock Z06 owner that tried you in your plaid.

Don’t get too cocky with GTRs fellow Plaid owners, thar be monsters in these waters.
My 700 HP/TQ (~ 580HP/TQ to the wheels) rand 1/4 mi. in 10.2 sec @ 136mph. So yeah, a 1000HP/TQ GT-R should run better than 9.9 sec @ 139mph but maybe he just wasn't running great and/or the DA was not ideal...looks like it was a PBIR and it's been quite hot & humid lately of course. I think the guy had told Mr. Plaid Channel Guy that he usual runs mid-upper 9's. Anyway, again, not much can actually beat the MS Plaid in the 1/4 mi. I think it will be quite interesting to see what happens when the s/w update comes to release the 163mph speed limiter on the MS Plaid. I have to wonder if it really will continue pulling with 1,050 ft-lb TQ all the way to 200mph (um, not going to be me that tries it but you know many will...hope nobody gets killed!) and I have to wonder how the MS Plaid performs in a 1/2 mile race! 🤔 :cool:

This is good to hear. I've read that the LR pulls harder above 60, and have seen it in the high 10s in the 1/4 mile with a 130 trap, but thought they were similar 0-60. Any specific thoughts on 0-60 M3P and LR?
Well 0-60 in about 2.9 vs. 3.1, you should feel the difference, but immediately after 60 is when the LR seems to move really well.

Reactions: impastu