Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
awesome @MarcG, will be interested to see what you think with a high % SOC.
Ok I finally got TesLAX to play nice with CANserver (thanks to @omarsultan again!) and just went out for a quick run (quite literally quick).

Butt dyno says Iā€™m very traction-limited until 30-40mph, most likely due to less sticky rubber on the 19s, then I literally feel the car pulling a fair bit harder, and it keeps going.. and going.. I did not have it in drag strip mode or cheetah launch.

TesLAX/CANserver isnā€™t as accurate as Dragy (e.g. 0-60mph and 0-100km/h numbers are the same, which we know shouldnā€™t be the case) but here goes nonetheless:

456AC633-72D9-470B-9D80-319761134B71.jpeg

Ok I finally got TesLAX to play nice with CANserver (thanks to @omarsultan again!) and just went out for a quick run (quite literally quick).

Butt dyno says Iā€™m very traction-limited until 30-40mph, most likely due to less sticky rubber on the 19s, then I literally feel the car pulling a fair bit harder, and it keeps going.. and going.. I did not have it in drag strip mode or cheetah launch.

TesLAX/CANserver isnā€™t as accurate as Dragy (e.g. 0-60mph and 0-100km/h numbers are the same, which we know shouldnā€™t be the case) but here goes nonetheless:

View attachment 702559
Tbh, this is almost exactly what I was expecting; maybe a 2.2 to 2.4 on a better surface with a more accurate measurement, in full DS Mode. These tires, although summer, seem to be geared more towards AS. The 0-100 mph time is quite good though. Pulls strong after the traction limits.šŸ™‚šŸ‘

Anyone driven both a Model S plaid and a Model 3 performance? How different does the acceleration feel? Also, Model S plaid Vs raven acceleration feeling?

A colorful explanation would be appreciated.
@Tex EV had a Model 3 P, refresh Model S LR and a refreshed Model S Plaid. His Plaid delivery here goes into some details.

For my Texas folks. Way different experience this time with Tesla financing. Everything is done while the vehicle is in transit.
So I found out it is only different (the way you described) if you finance through Tesla. If you still do outside financing, it is the same as the old way - paid fully in advance before leaving Fremont.

View attachment 702559

0-100 mph in 4.4 s is still pretty awesome even with the tire slip. Sounds like car feels stronger to you. šŸ‘

Last edited:
A bit off topicā€¦dropped car off for detailing and canā€™t get status on the App. I get a ā€œvehicle connection errorā€ ā€¦see attached. Was looking forward to keeping an eye on it like @AnselmDante. I googled the issue but only found two possible solutionsā€¦reboot and be within Bluetooth range, neither of which help me, since Iā€™m out of state for a few days. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Possibly could be that the shop building is killing the cellular connection to the car. Metal roof, metal parts, etc.

Last edited:
Hello,
I have a Model S Plaid on order (since last year, battery day), and I will be taking delivery in about 10 days.
I know I've read about a $2000 rebate (possibly on FSD), and Free Supercharger use for the buyer and a buddy.

Can someone please let me know if I am correct on either of these items so that I can remind my SA that these need to be addressed?

I do appreciate the lists of things to look for at delivery.

Searching for "Rebates" in the forum don't tell me what I need to know.

Thanks in advance.

Description
Model S
Model S Plaid
Midnight Silver Metallic
19" Tempest Wheels
Full Self-Driving Capability
Autopilot
Pay-as-you-go Supercharging
All Black Premium Interior with Carbon Fiber DĆ©cor
Yoke Steering
ā€œfree supercharger use for you and a buddyā€ā€”youā€™re referring to the 1000 miles credit if you use a referral code, right?

Attachments

• F90C3F24-243C-473F-968E-C4EECAA18C41.png
    F90C3F24-243C-473F-968E-C4EECAA18C41.png
    468 KB · Views: 57
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
For those who have received ANY OtAs, do you recall how long it was (after delivery) that you received your first update? I'm going on three weeks with no updates and am still on 2021.12.4.9....

Edit: Yes, "Advanced" is the selected setting, and has been since driving it off the lot!
Going to ask an obvious question - but are you on WiFi?

View attachment 702559
TesLax sounds like a terrible product name when you need to take a dump.

Well my RN11395XXXX which had recently gone from February of 2022 to October of 2021 now has no EDD.

The good news is I saw four plaids today at the SC and they all had papers in the rear window that said "BEST FIT" do not adjust. The hoods looked much better so maybe Tesla has finally decided to fix that obvious problem.

In other newsā€¦ my EDD tightened up a bit and is now 12-Sep - 22-Sep. (details in sig) For the first time is in a 10-day range.

Crossing all my fingers and toes that this means its fairly likely to be delivered in September!

EDIT: I know itā€™s technically an 11 day windowā€¦ but since this is the first time itā€™s less than 2 weeksā€¦ and because 10 sounds betterā€¦ Iā€™m calling it 10ā€¦