Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is good to hear. I've read that the LR pulls harder above 60, and have seen it post high 10s in the 1/4 mile with a 130 trap, but thought they were similar 0-60. Any specific thoughts on 0-60 M3P v LR?
FWIW I sold my M3P yesterday. The new owner is loving it, and I hope they have many great memories with it as I did. But I just couldn't get excited about driving it after seat time in the S LR. The LR is a beast. 0-60 times are close, but the LR feels like it launches harder and maintains that feeling for longer.

If anyone's wondering, I got underneath the LR and Plaid earlier this week. They were a lot more similar than I expected. LR has the Plaid battery pack and appears to have the same front motor. Might be that the Plaid front motor is "binned", similar to the M3P motors. So for the Plaid premium, you're mainly getting a different rear drive unit, different inverters (~$300 less than the LR's, somehow), and software. LR could be called "Plaid Lite", or Plaid could be called "Long Range Plus" 🙃. Both incredible cars. 10 and 9 seconds in the 1/4. What a time to be alive.

LR rear drive unit. Notice the battery pack with a "stub" on the passenger side, where the Plaid's third motor hooks up.
IMG_8458.jpeg

Plaid rear drive unit.
IMG_8472.jpeg

My Saga since ordering on 3/6/21:
MS LR, AutoP, 19", White/Black, RN11460 - Long Island, NY

EDD's:
On 8/10 - 9/12-9/30
On 8/12 - 9/6-9/26
On 8/13 - 9/1-9/21
On 8/14 - 8/31-9/20
On 8/18 - 9/2-9/20
On 8/20 - 9/3-9/16
On 8/25 - Email invite to virtual orientation
On 8/26 - 8/26-8/29 - VIN assigned MF439xxx and Final Balance Now Due email
Delivered on Saturday, 8/28/21 in Smithtown, NY (9 miles on the odometer).
First EV.

Well, after almost 6 months of waiting, we took delivery of our Long Range today. First, I am not a "car guy" but we do like to drive nice cars. Much of what I have been reading on this forum kinda went over my head but made me quite concered about how the quality of the car would be. My wife will be the primary driver and has come from a Lexus LS 500.

From the time we were notified that we could take delivery, I changed the date three times. The Tesla advisors could not have been more accomodating. When we arrived we were helped immediately even though there were many deliveries being made and customers shopping for cars. Payment was requested but I asked to inspect the car first and that presented no problem at all. With inspection lists from this forum in hand, I spent the better part of an hour checking things out. Our advisor spent quite a long time answering our questions about how to operate everything. We could have figured most things out ourselves as the controls are so intuitive. I am happy to say that I was hard pressed to find any problems at all. We were told that the trunk/cargo accessories were on backorder. Two parts on either side of the trunk interior were not clipping into the frame so we pulled into a service bay and they quickly changed them out.

When my wife finally let me drive the car (on the way to the detailer for PPF and ceramic) I had the "Oh Sh*t" moment everyone talks about when I hit the "gas". Awesome.

In my eyes, as an ordinary car buyer, I could not have been happier with my Tesla delivery experience (and the car is stunning)!

Thanks to all of you for being a part of this forum, and to those of you who are still waiting for your cars... I can say that it is more than worth it!

Everyone told me the MYP was going to be insanely quick. It was fun for a week or so since I just switched from ICE, but now it feels slowwww. Just worried I'll feel the same way with the Plaid. Hopefully I'm wrong though!
Even if it “feels” slow to you in a week, that doesn’t change the fact that plaid is stil faster than every other production car on the planet. The plaid isn’t slower after a week…

Tesla gave me a call today asking if I wanted a Blue/Black 19" Plaid that a customer didn't follow through on. Have a Silver/White 21" LR ordered since January 27th with a current estimate of November 5-25. They basically expect you to have the money ready to go immediately, which is impossible for people like me who aren't financing and are limited by $50k withdrawals from my brokerage. I can't be expected to keep $130k+ in my checking account for months and months.

The wait continues...

Moderator note: Moved about 20 posts arguing politics to the Politics Quarantine thread. There might be more coming. Political argument is off-topic for this thread, and in general not allowed on TMC. A few other posts came along as collatoral damage.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation,

Bruce.

Tesla gave me a call today asking if I wanted a Blue/Black 19" Plaid that a customer didn't follow through on. Have a Silver/White 21" LR ordered since January 27th with a current estimate of November 5-25. They basically expect you to have the money ready to go immediately, which is impossible for people like me who aren't financing and are limited by $50k withdrawals from my brokerage. I can't be expected to keep $130k+ in my checking account for months and months.

The wait continues...
If your brokerage only lets you withdraw $50k per day you need to change brokerages. That is stupid.

Moderator note: Moved about 20 posts arguing politics to the Politics Quarantine thread. There might be more coming. Political argument is off-topic for this thread, and in general not allowed on TMC. A few other posts came along as collatoral damage.

Bruce.
Thanks as always for your diligent work, Bruce! We (well most people on here) really appreciate this! 😁

Bruce.
Sorry, Bruce. Not intentional; only responded to initial political posts. I'm still working on being less reactive; certain topics are hot buttons for me. So for that I apologize. Thank you for moving them so we can focus on what this thread is really about...still waiting (since 2/5/21) for my MS Plaid...hoping I get a VIN in the coming days since my account still says est delivery 9/20/21 - 9/30/21. 🙏 👍

Bruce.
Must be quite a mess in the Politics Quarantine thread! Will peek sometime if only i could find it.
On a serious note, thanks for your work!

The wait continues...
Alternative could be to finance and pay off asap in order to not have any loan on your head.