Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Phlier All good now. I tried again to log in and out of the app and that worked this time!

View attachment 714168
giphy.gif

@Phlier All good now. I tried again to log in and out of the app and that worked this time!

View attachment 714168
I just went on a 43 mile drive.

Logged out/in to the phone app once I got home.

I'm still not seeing a place to access the "Safety Score" screen. Is it a selection from the car's home screen? IOW, how does a dumb nub like me access the darn score screen?? :D

Edit: Never mind. I figured it out. See below, especially if you're having problems getting the safety score screen to show up.

Last edited:
I have to say that the "Safety Score" beta, emphasizing beta, leaves much to be desired. I just took a drive of 47 miles, most of it on the interstate. There was NO time that I tailgated or followed too closely. There was NO time that I braked too hard. There was NO time that I had aggressive turning as well. I expected to get 100% on my safety score! Seriously! I was flabbergasted with what I actually got!
IMG_0382.PNG

I just went on a 43 mile drive.

Logged out/in to the phone app once I got home.

I'm still not seeing a place to access the "Safety Score" screen. Is it a selection from the car's home screen? IOW, how does a dumb nub like me access the darn score screen?? :D
Safety Score is on your Tesla app. In order to utilize it and for it to appear you must have firmware revision 2021.32.22 or newer. Your Tesla must also be connected to wifi in order for it to work. So after you drive, make sure you connect to wifi.

I have to say that the "Safety Score" beta, emphasizing beta, leaves much to be desired. I just took a drive of 47 miles, most of it on the interstate. There was NO time that I tailgated or followed too closely. There was NO time that I braked too hard. There was NO time that I had aggressive turning as well. I expected to get 100% on my safety score! Seriously! I was flabbergasted with what I actually got!View attachment 714214

Safety Score is on your Tesla app. In order to utilize it and for it to appear you must have firmware revision 2021.32.22 or newer. Your Tesla must also be connected to wifi in order for it to work. So after you drive, make sure you connect to wifi.
SO...what happens if you download the FSD Beta, you're accepted for the evaluation...and then you hardly drive the car every day for a week...like maybe just run it up to the market a mile down the road and back? Do you get accepted for the FSD Beta testing or not? I just think this is crazy, and I'm not doing this with my new MS Plaid that can run the 1/4 mi. in 9.2 sec. Kudos those that do it...thank you! 👍

I got the Safety Score screen to appear...

I *thought* I had the latest iOS version of the Tesla app on my iPhone.

Turns out I didn't. But there's a catch... I searched for the Tesla app on the app store. The screen there usually either says "Open" or "update". It said "Open," so I assumed there wasn't an update. But if I actually went to the information page for the app (in the store), the "Update" button popped up.

So I updated the app, and the Safety Score appeared.

Just like @Bill Price , I got dinged for aggressive turning and unsafe following. My turns never exceed one G, and I always allow at least six full inches between me and the car in front. Go figure.

Seriously, though, the thing is really sensitive. I'm actually a very conservative driver (in spite of what I just wrote) and am very surprised that I got dinged.

Still made the 96 percentile, though, for "safe."

Turns out I didn't. But there's a catch... I searched for the Tesla app on the app store. The screen there usually either says "Open" or "update". It said "Open," so I assumed there wasn't an update. But if I actually went to the information page for the app (in the store), the "Update" button popped up.

Just like @Bill Price , I got dinged for aggressive turning and unsafe following. My turns never exceed one G, and I always allow at least six full inches between me and the car in front. Go figure.

Seriously, though, the thing is really sensitive. I'm actually a very conservative driver (in spite of what I just wrote) and am very surprised that I got dinged.

Why do I have a feeling that MOST of the new MS Plaid owners will either not be accepted or get kicked out of the FSD Beta program, and many may just say 'f-it' and forget about it. Not worth it UNLESS it's all good and you get to use the real-deal FSD you paid $10k for?!?!?!?! I think the M3 & MY drivers will do well with FSD Beta Testing. 😜

Just in case someone thought "wall of text, not gonna read"...

If you are having problems getting the iOS app to show the "Safety Score" screen:

Open the app store
Search Tesla

If the "Open" button is there:
Tap on the Tesla app - NOT the Open button

Now there should be an "Update" button
push the button, update your app.

Safety Score screen should now show, assuming you've already punched The Button in your car and enrolled, as well as driven the car since then.

Well...got a VIN. 44xxx...my SA pinged me this AM shortly after matching the VIN to my account. Car was produced 2 days ago, but was sent to LA to fulfill some of their sales, but is being rerouted to Fremont. I'm hopeful!

Still no delivery date, but I went to make final payment and it didn't even prompt for bank info. This must be a mistake since no account details have been linked.

Fingers crossed.

You maniac! Seriously, this thing is WAY sensitive because I'm 68 and an extremely safe driver and I was acrimonious when I saw that score. Be very careful out there people if you want a high score. On another note, I drove about a mile away and back and my cumulative score went from 89 to 91. Then I drove about 5 miles and it went up to 92. I guess you just have to stay off the interstate if you want a good score. Of course, like everything else, it's all relative. The app says MOST people will score about 90, so take your score with about 10 grains of NaCl.

Just after enabling FSD beta request, I drove an extremely careful 10 miles, mostly highway with a mile or two of city streets.

My definition of unsafe following must be very different than Tesla’s but good otherwise (for now):

D34939BD-5260-4575-B714-99E32FD5813B.jpeg

So delivery unrelated but had something weird happen today.

Park the car, get out, go to the beach for an hour to watch sunset.

Come back to the car and the door handles present and the car unlocks as usual. Get in, everything is OFF.

Strange because everything usually comes on by the time I slide my ass into the seat. So I sit there for a couple of seconds, dead silence. I tap the brake pedal with my foot hoping the car will wake up, but instead the gear selector below the wireless phone chargers lights up. Nothing else.

I give it another 5-10 seconds and then press the brake pedal down harder, the car starts booting up, then everything comes on and functions like nothing ever happened.

Is this abnormal behavior? Have not had this happen in the 2 months of owning the car even when it’s in the garage parked for 24+ hours.
Just happened to me yesterday. I can only add that the normally unlit direction choice buttons by the phone dock were lit up like a Christmas tree so my MS knew the displays were off. I dorked with it for a bit and ended up doing a two button salute to get the screens on.

Just happened to me yesterday. I can only add that the normally unlit direction choice buttons by the phone dock were lit up like a Christmas tree so my MS knew the displays were off. I dorked with it for a bit and ended up doing a two button salute to get the screens on.
That’s what I meant by “gear selector” lol. Weird how it happened to both of us yesterday. Wonder if skynet went down for a brief period of time 🤔

Nah his points I think are still going to be valid: very smooth suspension/very good ride quality, truck is well isolated from wind and road noise. Handles like a sports car, obviously acceleration and all of that is fantastic. Meridian sound system is legit, the camera feeds on the cars are better quality. The blind spot monitoring and rain sensing wipers are using actual sensors are more reliable (well the BSM is, didn't get to obviously use the RSW).

Overall materials were very good, do not feel cheap and the build was tight. Can they do that at scale? Let's see. But they were impressed and of course, the customer focus has been a **** ton better so far (they have a guide they talk to).

Rivian is putting out a really great effort, I think.

EDIT: I forgot the paint somehow. The paint, according to them looks to be 100x better (not quite literally probably).

I don't know personally, I'll probably get the Model S and if it's a great car and doesn't give me a lot of problems, I'll keep it and get an R1T. But if the Model S sucks after 6 months I'm going to ditch it and get something else along with the R1T probably.
Just looked at the site for the first time. It looks NICE! Fingers crossed for a good product well executed. It will raise the bar for every other BeV provider.

I have to say that the "Safety Score" beta, emphasizing beta, leaves much to be desired. I just took a drive of 47 miles, most of it on the interstate. There was NO time that I tailgated or followed too closely. There was NO time that I braked too hard. There was NO time that I had aggressive turning as well. I expected to get 100% on my safety score! Seriously! I was flabbergasted with what I actually got!View attachment 714214

There is absolutely positively no way I'm getting within a city block of that functionality!!!!!!!
The app would likely shut my car down and report me to the Highway Patrol.

My car was delivered with all the pieces. My DA spent at least 30 minutes with me. When I schedule service I get an appointment within a few days unless there’s a parts delay. Service communicates quickly and effectively with me. I get a loaner when I need one.

Why is my experience different than what’s others report here again and again?
Costa Mesa? Just a guess...