Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Advice was primarily for time of event.

I never stated or encouraged anyone to lie. But my kids and wife are sometimes too eager to apologize and if there are legal and financial ramifications, I don’t want them admitting fault in the heat of the moment. Not admitting fault is not the same as lying about verifiable events.

Pictures and witness are key and that is covered in my list. At least the first part.

If there is subsequent evidence or charges, the do not lie aspect holds. We’ve raised our kids in a manner that point goes without being said.

I am sorry for your situation, but I stand by my advice to my family members.

Did you see points 1 and 2 or just hone in on the last one?

And one more point. You don’t know me, so I won’t comment about your insinuations regarding my approach to life or having a positive impact on society.
No disrespect meant or intended. Please read it as questioning unintended consequences.

You have obviously spent some time considering how to raise quality people if your children even consider apologizing for something let alone being too eager to do so.

Bill

So, the consistency of my car bothers me--I have made 0-60 runs on the same strip of asphalt and an regardless of variables (SOC from 100% to 40%, hot pack, cold pack, hot tires, cold tires, ambient temp from 100+F to 45F) and it turns in the same 2.3 sec time (no rollout). That tells me it is not anywhere near the edge of its design envelope otherwise something would give somewhere--the 2.3s is a managed number.

On the efficiency side, I think there is some similar gamesmanship going on, at least with the LR. The pack in these cars is still a bit of an enigma, so 🤷‍♂️

I think Tesla is doing Tesla and collecting real word data to see where they can loosen the reins, but also getting the completion to show its hand a bit.

I could be delusional, but that's where my head is at.
I'll only add that the battery can provide a lot more power at 100% SoC so if performance is similar at 50% SoC the system is limiting power draw at higher SoCs. Per Launch Day, the motors can handle more power.

I am preapproved for financing already. Financing about $30k and rest is cash. I uploaded insurance and all paper has been complete for months. Tesla says i should get a car soon, but never seems to happen.
Did you order at Tesla.con ? I’ve heard some people have had trouble getting a car when they order from that site!

I ordered within the first minute or two of Plaid being available on Battery Day. RN11394xxxx.

Plaid / Black exterior / White interior / carbon fiber / 19" wheels.

I have an estimated delivery of October 18th - November 8th.

I know those options were problematic, but it seems like tons of people with the same or similar configs have already gotten their cars or will very soon. I don't know why I was bumped to the back of the line behind so many others. Very, very frustrating. Been waiting over a year now.

Delivery date shifted back two weeks this morning. Now showing:

Estimated Delivery: October 31 - November 28

this is actually a bit of a relief, it hadn't changed in a couple months, and i was starting to get worried it might make a wild jump to next March or something. i guess i'm glad to see it at least has a pulse.

Last edited:

this is actually a bit of a relief, it hadn't changed in a couple months, and i was starting to get worried it might make a wild jump to next March or something. i'm glad to see it at least has a pulse.
ya, but not great optics that it went to a four week window. Your configuration and early RN# provides me with reason for concern.

ya, but not great optics that it went to a four week window. Your configuration and early RN# provides me with reason for concern.

Same AND it's a plaid no less. I just checked my account again, date is the same still but I can't imagine if pezpunks date is so much later than mine with a much earlier order and being plaid unless he has CF also

EDIT: saw that he has CF. Double whammy.

Same AND it's a plaid no less. I just checked my account again, date is the same still but I can't imagine if pezpunks date is so much later than mine with a much earlier order and being plaid unless he has CF also

EDIT: saw that he has CF. Double whammy.

Reported yesterday that there were 6 Plaids in inventory in SoCal.

None of them had white seats.

Just a data point.

I wonder if calling the ownership loyalty number @ohmman provided would be worthwhile?

I did that once, then got the boot off the drag strip--will be going back :) Trapped at 150 but did manage to hit 156 before lifting off.

I hope you had a safe landing..😉

I think it is very possible the car is limiting power, that would explain the very consistant runs.

Would not put it past Tesla, once there is competition, to release a plus mode for say, 10k more, kinda like the did for the M3 last year.

Have patience, my local SFL TMC member. I've been waiting since 2/5/21 for my Tesla MS Plaid; just received my VIN today and likely taking delivery late Oct-early Nov. This will be my first Tesla and my 2nd EV. But again, this is not something you want to compromise on. Get what you really, really want and although the Audi E-Tron GT is beautiful with the phenomenal Audi sports car interior and lots of buttons & screens, you've hit the nail on the head regarding battery range...it stinks. In addition, it's quite expensive for what you're getting terms of lower performance & technology in comparison to the Tesla MS Plaid/LR.

I had a Jaguar I-Pace HSE as my first EV...really liked it and it drove well, looked great, and had a very similar interior as my Porsche Macan Turbo...but range was just fair at 250 mi. max...most I ever did in one day was about 170 mi. or so (driving to Miami & back) and I would always come home with at least 30-50 miles left on the battery; then plugged it right into my home charger in the garage. BUT, I did have some range anxiety occasionally and I often limited my trips to Miami and other areas in S FL specifically b/c I was unsure I could drive a little more; I think having a car with max battery range > 300 mi would be extremely beneficial here for anyone in South Florida that drives a bit. For me, the Tesla MS Plaid checks all the boxes while the Audi E-Tron GT/Porsche Taycan do not.
I drove the Jaguar three years ago, and it really was quite nice. It handled much better than my Model X. They cost about $80,000, so compared to the other luxury EVs they are attractive.

Congratulations on your VIN!

this is actually a bit of a relief, it hadn't changed in a couple months, and i was starting to get worried it might make a wild jump to next March or something. i guess i'm glad to see it at least has a pulse.
I have to say whenever I see your avatar I love that purple!
I also have a 4 week window. others have 2 weeks. that leads me to theorize that 2 weeks has been allocated or slotted, and 4 weeks is an anticipated targeted car. for me at least on the east coast i believe it's a 3 week delivery - so a December 3 earliest date tells me the car would need to have been built by roughly November 7 or so - and it takes about 5 days to build one of these - so....car built by November 7, or an earlier order falls through, I get my car early December.
Car built later, I get my car later.
I'm guessing it's white seats causing a delay, but who knows what else (chips, matts, other orders, whatever).
Interesting, the curse of the 19" wheels doesn't seem to be at play anymore (and who knew it was the lack of tires, not the rims)
As before, I'm hopeful the delays means the car I finally get has updated software, maybe the all season tires I want, maybe tweaked/improved build quality/less panel gaps, FSD 11 or whatever they're up to, etc.
i guess i'm slated to be an EOQ (or even EOY) delivery ...but if they build it in November I think I have a shot of decent build quality.

I hope you had a safe landing..😉

I think it is very possible the car is limiting power, that would explain the very consistant runs.

Would not put it past Tesla, once there is competition, to release a plus mode for say, 10k more, kinda like the did for the M3 last year.
Agreed. This screen grab from when Dyno Mode is accessible indicates that the SW, at least, was written to support multiple performance levels (and a track pack).

Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 10.09.30 AM.png

I have to say whenever I see your avatar I love that purple!
I also have a 4 week window. others have 2 weeks. that leads me to theorize that 2 weeks has been allocated or slotted, and 4 weeks is an anticipated targeted car. for me at least on the east coast i believe it's a 3 week delivery - so a December 3 earliest date tells me the car would need to have been built by roughly November 7 or so - and it takes about 5 days to build one of these - so....car built by November 7, or an earlier order falls through, I get my car early December.
Car built later, I get my car later.
I'm guessing it's white seats causing a delay, but who knows what else (chips, matts, other orders, whatever).
Interesting, the curse of the 19" wheels doesn't seem to be at play anymore (and who knew it was the lack of tires, not the rims)
As before, I'm hopeful the delays means the car I finally get has updated software, maybe the all season tires I want, maybe tweaked/improved build quality/less panel gaps, FSD 11 or whatever they're up to, etc.
i guess i'm slated to be an EOQ (or even EOY) delivery ...but if they build it in November I think I have a shot of decent build quality.
After seeing you guys talking about deliveries being pushed back I checked mine. Still October 18 - November 07. When I called the guys in Paramus they told me that I should get a VIN ~ two weeks before delivery - so I guess it won't be 1/18. They also said that I should not change the configuration because that'll likely push me further back.
At this point, I am not speculating anymore, I accepted the fact that I'll receive the car at around the time when we'll see the first snow of the year.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for all of us still waiting.

After seeing you guys talking about deliveries being pushed back I checked mine. Still October 18 - November 07. When I called the guys in Paramus they told me that I should get a VIN ~ two weeks before delivery - so I guess it won't be 1/18. They also said that I should not change the configuration because that'll likely push me further back.
At this point, I am not speculating anymore, I accepted the fact that I'll receive the car at around the time when we'll see the first snow of the year.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for all of us still waiting.
Exactly, the guys speculating that these date ranges mean a damn thing are cracking me up. It's been wrong like 10 times in a row, it doesn't mean jack *sugar*.

So, the consistency of my car bothers me--I have made 0-60 runs on the same strip of asphalt and an regardless of variables (SOC from 100% to 40%, hot pack, cold pack, hot tires, cold tires, ambient temp from 100+F to 45F) and it turns in the same 2.3 sec time (no rollout). That tells me it is not anywhere near the edge of its design envelope otherwise something would give somewhere--the 2.3s is a managed number.

On the efficiency side, I think there is some similar gamesmanship going on, at least with the LR. The pack in these cars is still a bit of an enigma, so 🤷‍♂️

I think Tesla is doing Tesla and collecting real word data to see where they can loosen the reins, but also getting the completion to show its hand a bit.

I could be delusional, but that's where my head is at.
I highly doubt you are delusional, Omar. Everything seems to align with your theory, most importantly prior Tesla behavior.