Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
$100? it aint even worth my time to rub it in after a year for that, what about, $10,000?
1633405276950.gif

Ok - ok, here's the deal though: see, I know Im right, but as some of you may know...im buying my model s with the credit card, so even though i know im right...i cant take the $100 bet because, quite frankly, im not going to have $100 next year if im wrong.

hashtag: LALife

So, about payment..much discussion about the Plaid prepay and such.

My friend who had the bad experience with the Model Y today, insisted on paying cashier's check on delivery.

He did threaten to call the bank and stop the check.

That may have been a factor in the Store deciding to take the car back.

I'm sure 99% of you all will have only minor problems, but it does not hurt to keep final cash payment in your back pocket, so to speak.

My friend who had the bad experience with the Model Y today, insisted on paying cashier's check on delivery.

I'm sure 99% of you all will have only minor problems, but it does not hurt to keep final cash payment in your back pocket, so to speak.

I cannot - I live in a non-direct sales state and they told me straight up they won't ship the damn thing to me until I pay. I can refuse delivery and get my money back, however. Which Im probs not gonna do.

Cashiers checks aren’t generally reversible except in cases of fraud. This probably wouldn’t have worked, but it’s free to try.

0-60 is too short. Try finding a safe place to take the car to ~132 mph. This will get you data on 0-60, 60-130, 1/8th mile, and 60 foot time. And if you have another 3 seconds and 20mph then go to 152 for the quarter mile.
I did that once, then got the boot off the drag strip--will be going back :) Trapped at 150 but did manage to hit 156 before lifting off.

If you could put a stop payment on a cashier's check, it would literally defeat the purpose of a cashier's check. The check is good as cash and has to be honored by the bank for at least 90 days. Whether they decide to give you your money back is up to the individual bank, who may credit you even if they lose, but i doubt they would unless you had a really strong banking relationship

You already know we use the same shop but I'm posting this for the group. Gabe worked on my rocker panels this week and declared them too far gone for PPF. They now need to be re-painted.

I strongly recommend to all - protect your rocker panels asap.
The whole rocker or just the rocker near the rear wheels? I’m probably in the same boat. Won’t bother with a repaint.

These tires seem so sticky compared to my P100D. The amount of sand and loose dirt I heat flinging in my wheel wells is incredible.

The whole rocker or just the rocker near the rear wheels? I’m probably in the same boat. Won’t bother with a repaint.

These tires seem so sticky compared to my P100D. The amount of sand and loose dirt I heat flinging in my wheel wells is incredible.
Pretty much the whole rockers but much worse at the rear. I have about 2,500 miles on the car now and it is pretty bad. I would hate to see it at 25,000 miles. My plan is to repaint them and bake the new paint so I can get them back on and add PPF asap. Still considering mud flaps like @webshot and @jebinc did on theirs too.

The tires do seem very sticky I agree that is part of the problem.

Last edited:
Yeah, no kidding. You should have had your car long ago. Are you leasing, by chance? I'm just curious if that may be a factor.
I am preapproved for financing already. Financing about $30k and rest is cash. I uploaded insurance and all paper has been complete for months. Tesla says i should get a car soon, but never seems to happen.

While I’ve been waiting for my Tesla, I’ve gotten the car buying itch. I’ve always had this affliction since I was a teen, and I experience a flare up every two years.

I’ve been considering an Audi e-tron GT, an Audi RS6 Avant, a BMW 750, or a Mercedes S560. The Audis, like every other car, are in short supply. Like @Texas Electric stated, watching YouTube videos can be detrimental to the wallet and can cause sudden flare ups of the car buying itch. I’m trying hard not to scratch it before a MY or MS arrives. :oops:
I tell people before they test drive my S90 to get ready for a financial loss!