Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bahaha, I was told that line, too! They told me there's a lot of variability with the doors based on how the press was feeling that day. 😂

And I wonder how many out of this 280k will be in the service center (if they can get an appointment) by the end of January?

I will say something, the model 3 and y builds are very good now. I drove by yesterday and saw two of both and the outside gaps and stuff all looked really great (paint... Well...).

Makes me question why the model s and x can't get to those levels of consistency with such a lower volume.

Then I ask myself, has there been any Tesla ever built that was actually used as a daily driver that didn't go to the shop at least once in the first 6 months of ownership. The answer has to be no. I'm not sure how Lincoln scores even lower on the consumer reports study. They must build some real pieces of *sugar*.
Have a 2020 Aviator black label and your description matches. I think 5 recalls and back to the dealer at least 6 times in 2 years. Ford sent us a "sorry" card with a $250 gift card....

Minor data point/point of interest (to me)
My MS 28 day EDD has stayed rock solid for the past 8 weeks or so, about to enter first day of EDD tomorrow
Meanwhile, my wife's newer Y order has been moving around - June on order, next day I think 3/6-4/3, then back to June, and this a.m. showing 2/28 - 3/28 (much earlier than we want, but whatever)
So, interesting the Y is updating and the S is solid. for the Y, i'm not sure if that has to do with texas coming online, supplies, etc.
More curiously to me, is how the S has NOT moved. When I ordered in May, i think it either said september or september-october.
Later it shifted around a little, including i think 11/12 - 12/12
From what I've seen with other folks months ago, the delivery is often near the end of that range or a few days after, even after a bunch of moving around.
So, now that I'm 12/3-12/31 and it hasn't moved (yet) and no VIN, i'm hopeful that the logistical monkey was targeting circa 12/12 all along, and maybe i'll get it around then.
so far no tightening up. i just find it interesting as compared to say, the Y movement.
so i entered my 12/1-12/28 date yesterday and then this morning it updated to 12/18-12/31. I would expect and updated, narrower range tomorrow morning if you behave the same as mine did. Good luck!

Hey everyone, I'm getting new tires put on from a third party shop. The guy I talked to said I would have to give them full access to the car. Can I put it in valet mode? Anything special I need to know for a tire change?
Well you can speed limit the car, or activate Valet Mode, or do both! Valet locks the trunk, frunk, and glovebox IIRC.

another interesting (to me) data point - my SA had always been responsive when I've texted him (which is actually some sort of 510 area code, which he told me was actually some sort of shared messaging line - anyway, I'd only reached out to him about 3 times since May (once to schedule a test drive for my wife, and once about something else) - now i'm getting no response.
he can be away.
he can have some days off (same as away)
he might not be with the company (he was a fanboy and with Tesla for years, so i doubt that one)
or, i read here or on another thread, that there may not be individual assigned SA's anymore? is that likely?
i reached out, as i wanted to let him know a blackout period for me if the beast ever comes, and to remind him about all season wheels.
i want to have this stuff "on the record" in case the car comes when i'm away, or it eventually comes with summer tires...in the middle of a snow storm.
i'd appreciate any thoughts!

Well you can speed limit the car, or activate Valet Mode, or do both! Valet locks the trunk, frunk, and glovebox IIRC.
from a security stand point, if it is a new car without personal stuff in it, the only ways to get in trouble i think are to have addresses in the nav - but the shop would likely have your home address anyway, right?
if like other cars i've had, even the phone numbers are tied into the bluetooth connection from the phone and not directly stored on the car (i think)
so, other than making sure they don't do a ferris bueller, what would be the downside to giving full access?

similarly, i've always put in a wrong address for my gps (a few houses away) so a thief can't open my garage door (yeah, my insurance card is in there with my address, etc.) - but is there any such risk with the tesla? i think i would need the correct address if i want auto garage door opening.
i'm not even sure if i want that, but i at least want that option.
i appreciate any thoughts.

from a security stand point, if it is a new car without personal stuff in it, the only ways to get in trouble i think are to have addresses in the nav - but the shop would likely have your home address anyway, right?
if like other cars i've had, even the phone numbers are tied into the bluetooth connection from the phone and not directly stored on the car (i think)
so, other than making sure they don't do a ferris bueller, what would be the downside to giving full access?

similarly, i've always put in a wrong address for my gps (a few houses away) so a thief can't open my garage door (yeah, my insurance card is in there with my address, etc.) - but is there any such risk with the tesla? i think i would need the correct address if i want auto garage door opening.
Well from I could tell, I think @Maybeplaid was probably more concerned with idiots joyriding it, and not so much his personal stuff. Giving 1,020hp Chiron-like acceleration to just anyone I think would be a big sticking point, and that's what I would worry about. I would hope that the yoke would scare away some, but still. :)

I'm worried about them pulling ferris bueller. Even with the speed limiter locked, they could still keep it in plaid and 50mph is still fast enough to get into trouble. There should just be an option to lock it in chill mode. I'm not worried about it getting stolen or them having access to the glove box or frunk. Is there a setting they need to access that valet mode would lock them out of for a tire change?

I know they're going to say they need to test drive it after the tire change. Funny how the only cars that need a test drive are the fast ones. My slow cars were never tested.

another interesting (to me) data point - my SA had always been responsive when I've texted him (which is actually some sort of 510 area code, which he told me was actually some sort of shared messaging line - anyway, I'd only reached out to him about 3 times since May (once to schedule a test drive for my wife, and once about something else) - now i'm getting no response.
he can be away.
he can have some days off (same as away)
he might not be with the company (he was a fanboy and with Tesla for years, so i doubt that one)
or, i read here or on another thread, that there may not be individual assigned SA's anymore? is that likely?
i reached out, as i wanted to let him know a blackout period for me if the beast ever comes, and to remind him about all season wheels.
i want to have this stuff "on the record" in case the car comes when i'm away, or it eventually comes with summer tires...in the middle of a snow storm.
i'd appreciate any thoughts!
so in my situation (the same) my SA stopped responding after being responsive the entire time. I called the customer service line and they told me that she (Amy) is no longer in a customer facing position. I asked who my new SA was and they said its still Amy. I said well can I talk to her? No. So i dont have an SA anymore.

so in my situation (the same) my SA stopped responding after being responsive the entire time. I called the customer service line and they told me that she (Amy) is no longer in a customer facing position. I asked who my new SA was and they said its still Amy. I said well can I talk to her? No. So i dont have an SA anymore.
I remember reading something like this, and in fact sort of referenced it, so maybe it was a prior post of yours i was thinking about.
i know we all or mostly all bash the SA's - i loved my guy - he was great, and frankly told me he had no more information than me, the best place for info was the account page on the web, etc. - i.e. he didn't BS me. I truly appreciated that. he had also shown me his screen for my car which was just about completely devoid of any useful info other than my order; this was probably around june or july.
it's possible he's not customer facing anymore which is a shame. He's the kind of guy I'd offer a job to on the spot (except he was a cool guy, yet still a Tesla fan boy which is fine)
either way, i'd like "someone" to be sort of responsive, or i'll have to start calling random tesla phone numbers.
looks like their customer service actually got worse!!!!!

Well from I could tell, I think @Maybeplaid was probably more concerned with idiots joyriding it, and not so much his personal stuff. Giving 1,020hp Chiron-like acceleration to just anyone I think would be a big sticking point, and that's what I would worry about. I would hope that the yoke would scare away some, but still. :)
Ask @GroovaEV about SC idiots "joyriding" his ride. He can point you to the thread that contains his harrowing story!

I learned that this happens when they time time off - vacation or the weekend, which may be any two days of the week...

Reactions: EndlessPlaid