Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congratulations @modizzle I hope your delivery goes smoothly. One reason valet mode may not work is that really good PPF goes around and under the edges of the panels. To do this they need trunk access. I’ve heard from others than the speed limit setting enables chill mode, but this is unconfirmed and I suspect untrue. I plan to leave a FOB when I do mine. But set the speed limit setting. I wish there was a clear way to lock the car in chill mode. Have to believe that this will be useful especially for families that allow their teenage sons to borrow the car!
Speed Limit Mode does in fact lock the car in Chill Mode.

Is this a fact or speculation?
I ultimately decided on white, but cream was very close - so if I was limited to cream, I would have been just about as fine with it anyway, but just wondering if this is musing or info - thanks!

Just joking...

Between now and the heat death of the universe, Oxidation and wear will take it's toll, probably...

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
@Plaid2021 is a gdamn hero. I’ve been in Albany Bahamas the past few days. While away, the wife took her Boxster to the dealer for some service. She sat in a Taycan. Woman fell in love with the ergonomics. (“ omg that steering wheel was so cute! I couldn’t stop running my hand on it!)

Concerned she’d be disappointed with the minimalist interior of the MS, ( as I’ve never seen or sat one and only glanced at the Taycan), I reached out to @Plaid2021 for some talking points.

Within minutes, he held my hand and compared the two EVs. Without quoting all of his replies, in order not to bore you, I want to just post a couple of things he said, if anybody is unfamiliar as I was. After running comparisons between the two…

The MS IMHO is truly the best sedan ever made. The amount of features for the money is awesome. Superior range, efficiency, interior space, cargo storage, UI, performance, charging network, it has OTA SW updates, and cheaper in the real world. It's going to be really tough to find a bare bones Taycan. Also, no one pedal driving for the Taycan.
So in the end, unless you want to spend Plaid level money on a car with all of the disadvantages I pointed out above, (in which case why wouldn't you just get the Plaid then lol), the MS DM is the stand out winner here. In every meaningful category.
Oh and don't take this the wrong way. The Taycan is a good, good EV, and many people love it. I love all EVs, and the more of them the better. It's almost wrong though to compare it to the S. Basically unfair lol. The S is that much better.

Really long way of saying, I really appreciate this forum and everybody in it. What a great resource.

I need to find someone to talk my wife out of her dino Mercedes. Any takers?

Don't put it in Valet Mode. They will need to open the frunk and trunk. Use Speed Limit Moden set at 50mph and a glove box PIN. Speed Limit Mode locks your car in Chill Mode and allows the frunk and trunk to be opened.

Best to leave a key card instead of a fob.

I put mine in valet mode and the shop had to call me so they could get in the frunk. Luckily, I could turn it off remotely.

Is she in the garage refusing to exit the vehicle?

You make think that it was a clever reply, and it was.

It actually come close to being true.

She was in MB, in the dealer parking lot, refusing to exit the car to look at a new used plaid.

She finally did come out, but only to look at the EQS.

Literally, really did have to talk her out of her car.

In the end she did not say no to considering going EV, but I've got a long row to hoe, months long probably.

@Plaid2021 is a gdamn hero. I’ve been in Albany Bahamas the past few days. While away, the wife took her Boxster to the dealer for some service. She sat in a Taycan. Woman fell in love with the ergonomics. (“ omg that steering wheel was so cute! I couldn’t stop running my hand on it!)

Concerned she’d be disappointed with the minimalist interior of the MS, ( as I’ve never seen or sat one and only glanced at the Taycan), I reached out to @Plaid2021 for some talking points.

Within minutes, he held my hand and compared the two EVs. Without quoting all of his replies, in order not to bore you, I want to just post a couple of things he said, if anybody is unfamiliar as I was. After running comparisons between the two…

The MS IMHO is truly the best sedan ever made. The amount of features for the money is awesome. Superior range, efficiency, interior space, cargo storage, UI, performance, charging network, it has OTA SW updates, and cheaper in the real world. It's going to be really tough to find a bare bones Taycan. Also, no one pedal driving for the Taycan.
So in the end, unless you want to spend Plaid level money on a car with all of the disadvantages I pointed out above, (in which case why wouldn't you just get the Plaid then lol), the MS DM is the stand out winner here. In every meaningful category.
Oh and don't take this the wrong way. The Taycan is a good, good EV, and many people love it. I love all EVs, and the more of them the better. It's almost wrong though to compare it to the S. Basically unfair lol. The S is that much better.

Really long way of saying, I really appreciate this forum and everybody in it. What a great resource.
@Pdubs I think you got the wrong @2021plaid ...
Not again. Are you kidding me with this?

I must be out of my mind to think I can operate a Tesla. @2021plaid , nothing personal 😀
Wow what nice words! I always try to be helpful, and it looks like I succeeded here. Lmao @Pdubs you don’t have to worry man; I'm good with name lol; its easy to get mixed up.😀😀

Just picked up my car from Supreme Wraps Dallas. Got the following:
  • Xpel Ultimate Plus PPF (full car)
  • Xpel Fusion ceramic coating
  • 20% ceramic tint on windows
  • 70% tint on windshield
  • Black satin on front Tesla emblem
  • Black gloss on rear Tesla emblem
  • Custom Plaid badge from pimpmyev.com
View attachment 740126View attachment 740137View attachment 740127View attachment 740128View attachment 740129View attachment 740130View attachment 740131View attachment 740132View attachment 740133
Looks phenomenal. Congrats, no go enjoy it!

Those
Just picked up my car from Supreme Wraps Dallas. Got the following:
  • Xpel Ultimate Plus PPF (full car)
  • Xpel Fusion ceramic coating
  • 20% ceramic tint on windows
  • 70% tint on windshield
  • Black satin on front Tesla emblem
  • Black gloss on rear Tesla emblem
  • Custom Plaid badge from pimpmyev.com
View attachment 740126View attachment 740137View attachment 740127View attachment 740128View attachment 740129View attachment 740130View attachment 740131View attachment 740132View attachment 740133
Excellent pics... Low frontal shots look so mean...

You make think that it was a clever reply, and it was.

It actually come close to being true.

She was in MB, in the dealer parking lot, refusing to exit the car to look at a new used plaid.

She finally did come out, but only to look at the EQS.

Literally, really did have to talk her out of her car.

In the end she did not say no to considering going EV, but I've got a long row to hoe, months long probably.
If you find the perfect argument for her needing an EV, please let me know?

Congratulations @modizzle I hope your delivery goes smoothly. One reason valet mode may not work is that really good PPF goes around and under the edges of the panels. To do this they need trunk access. I’ve heard from others than the speed limit setting enables chill mode, but this is unconfirmed and I suspect untrue. I plan to leave a FOB when I do mine. But set the speed limit setting. I wish there was a clear way to lock the car in chill mode. Have to believe that this will be useful especially for families that allow their teenage sons to borrow the car!
I guess you could always enable ‘pin to drive’ once they put into place if you are truly concerned. Don’t have my Teslas anymore but don’t think this could be set via the app. That would certainly be helpful here.

Speed Limit Mode does in fact lock the car in Chill Mode.
I can confirm this is true. When I dropped my car off for tint & PPF I set the speed limiter to 70 MPH and it auto selected Chill mode and grayed out the selector.

I also locked the glove box with a PIN to prevent any potential shenanigans with damage to the car and then destroying evidence on the thumb drive.

Tesla business is nothing if not consistent.

Delivery of my wife's MSLR next Monday. Average wholesale on her car is $45k. I have a wholesale offer at $45k. Tesla's offer is $36.1k which is eerily similar in discount to the lowball offer they gave me on a P85 many years ago ($8k). Tesla will not do a courtesy trade so there is no way to capture the Florida State Sales tax offset for a trade in.

These are not good people. I need a shower every time after "doing business" with them. Shame.

On a good note, her car was making the jump from train to truck the other day so it seems to be on schedule.

Gawd I love these cars.
Gawd I dislike these people.
mine are Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 - 265/40/20 in the front, 295/35/20 in the rear

Factory wheels?

Keyes won’t pay up for it? I know a wholesaler locally if you’re interested.

They would love to take it as they don't make the V8's any more. The problem is getting the wife to agree.

"Well, maybe when I'm 70 and too old to drive I'll be interested"

Close as I got, but Tesla has taught me to be patient.