Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you all tell me, is VIN MF4531 one of the old cars sitting at Fremont for a while just getting released now? I'm able to get paired to this one, VIN Decoder suggests it's a 2021 vs 2022. Overall, my account says Jan/Feb delivery - wondering if I should actually just wait it out a little longer for a solid 2022.

UPDATED, PLS DISREGARD. Those sneaky peeps are trying to upsell me to a PLAID vs the S. Their email read which was vague to me.
"We have the opportunity to get you into a car matching your configuration before the NEW YEAR! (URL Link Removed) This one is ready to go in Minneapolis- you don't have to place a new order just text YES! and we will match your order to this vehicle. Full self driving can be added or removed. Go Plaid and there is not more waiting for your Tesla."
What he said.....

Bingo! Winner, winner, chicken dinner, and all that other crap.

I put PPF on every car since 2002 because I am a nut. I park away from everyone else. In corner or irregular large spots. Whatever it takes. Drives wife nuts. But, my cars remain pristine. And I am happy. Does anything else matter (in this context, don't go off target blabbering about world hunger, global warming, bad people, what not)? :)
That's all very fine and good for you. But here's the thing........there are Tesla haters out there........well, I'm not really sure if they're Tesla haters or not, I'm sure there are some out there, but there are also Teslaenvious people out there too. And I don't believe PPG is going to protect your car's finish against a tenacious Tesla keyer?

That's all very fine and good for you. But here's the thing........there are Tesla haters out there........well, I'm not really sure if they're Tesla haters or not, I'm sure there are some out there, but there are also Teslaenvious people out there too. And I don't believe PPG is going to protect your car's finish against a tenacious Tesla keyer?
That's what sentry cam is for...

I'm not worried about keying, no one can see my old car in a sea of M3's

I’ll worry about being keyed as much as I’ll worry about the next earthquake. Former has never happened to me and latter not since ‘94. :)

And then there’s sentry cam….not much good for an earthquake, but the video might be worthwhile.

Some of those Wham Bam videos show A-holes running a knife blade down the side of the car. Man, that's some hate ! The PPF will do a good job protecting from that wistful dumb look on their face moron that nonchalantly walks their key down the side of the car as they stroll by. The 'just because' morons vs the 'gonna make a point' morons. I have never done PPF on a car before this one and for the three months I have had it, the car looks showroom new and that is one month into winter with the roads covered in sand, gravel and salt. As some have stated, it is a personal choice, clearly does provide protection from the elements including acid rain and paint oxidization so there is NO downside and only upside to applying it.

I’ll worry about being keyed as much as I’ll worry about the next earthquake. Former has never happened to me and latter not since ‘94. :)
PPF won't help much for falling items. In addition to car covers, I use Velcro straps on all the cabinet doors near the cars in the garage. For the rest of the house, I assume I'll jump out of the way of falling furniture in time...

Some of those Wham Bam videos show A-holes running a knife blade down the side of the car. Man, that's some hate ! The PPF will do a good job protecting from that wistful dumb look on their face moron that nonchalantly walks their key down the side of the car as they stroll by. The 'just because' morons vs the 'gonna make a point' morons. I have never done PPF on a car before this one and for the three months I have had it, the car looks showroom new and that is one month into winter with the roads covered in sand, gravel and salt. As some have stated, it is a personal choice, clearly does provide protection from the elements including acid rain and paint oxidization so there is NO downside and only upside to applying it.
For a 150k car, it's like 2-3% of the purchase price...

That's what sentry cam is for...

I'm not worried about keying, no one can see my old car in a sea of M3's
Here's the thing about Teslacam..............it is NOW well known out there, so your contentious car keyer knows about it and will hide his face with a hoodie or a mask. Kind of hard to identify masked mobsters?

Here's the thing about Teslacam..............it is NOW well known out there, so your contentious car keyer knows about it and will hide his face with a hoodie or a mask. Kind of hard to identify masked mobsters?
Haha that's what you'd think lol, but all the recent ones I've seen has the idiot with his face fully exposed lol! That or the license plate is clearly visible. 99% of keying seems to be on impulsive emotions, and not pre planned, so that's probably why.

PPF won't help much for falling items. In addition to car covers, I use Velcro straps on all the cabinet doors near the cars in the garage. For the rest of the house, I assume I'll jump out of the way of falling furniture in time...
yep - PPF didn‘t help us when a costco table slid off the shelf in garage (user error vs earthquake). Still glad I have it for rock chips on our cross country drives.
2F0BE5E5-1D34-4EB3-87EE-B848519AE11E.jpeg

Haha that's what you'd think lol, but all the recent ones I've seen has the idiot with his face fully exposed lol! That or the license plate is clearly visible. 99% of keying seems to be on impulsive emotions, and not pre planned, so that's probably why.
I hope you're right. Chances of getting keyed are more probably directly in proportion to the area you live in? Chances for it happening here in my city are slim to none. I wouldn't care to speculate as to the probability of it happening if you were to call the "greater LA area" your choice for a home? And even if you did get a full frontal face picture, you still have to identify said perpetrator? Hope your facial recognition software has the perp's picture in it's database!

As long as you are 100% certain of that..

My MS delivery date has been fluctuating between March and June of 2022, but just got a call that one was available tomorrow exactly as I spec'd. Awesome, I think?
This turned into quite the scramble, much of it of my own scrambling. The afternoon before leaving town to do NYE in FL (they still do it...screw Times Square) I got the call six months earlier than expected, hadn't planned ahead. Basically had five business hours to get to a real bank and get a real cashiers check (hadn't done THAT in a while) because my SA said that wires would push back two to three days and they'd look for someone else. Also insurance was a surprise when my All*&*&* insurance broker of about twenty years told me it would be $2400 every six months...which I then shopped for the first time in forever and got State&#*&*& to package a home and auto deal that meant instead of adding $4800/year I reduced my total insurance bill by $1600/year (booyeah!). Uber'ed an hour, didn't realize the new MSLR was all blacked out...took me a hot minute to digest since I have a lot of chrome on the 2017. Came to grips with the yoke. Liked the Tesla rear tag. Missing the truck floor cover. Three hundred mile test drive to FL was awesome...brutal fast supercharging. Accessories are tough to find...however, I can port over some of the 2017 stuff like emergency tire things and jack points (I hope...I haven't looked to see if they fit). All in all happy camper. Some paint flecks that hopefully my correction/ceramic guru can fix; I'm not a huge fan of the new interface but I'll adjust; lots of frigging settings...all in all a happy camper.

I've been watching this site since I ordered a MS Plaid in late November. Great information. Finally joined today.

EDD has changed several times over the past month, latest was Dec 30-31 but no VIN. Received a text last night saying I have a tentative delivery tomorrow (12/31) at 6pm. Tesla - The factory is planning to build your configuration soon, please be advised this vehicle may not be built but we are tentatively scheduling your appointment for 12/31 in hopes the vehicle arrives on time. If the vehicle will arrive in time we will call/text to confirm your appointment. Please DO NOT SHOW UP ON SITE until you have received confirmation from the Rocklin Delivery Team that your vehicle was built and sent to Rocklin for delivery. If your vehicle is not built we will provide an estimate on when the vehicle will be ready in January. Thank you for understanding as we try to get you behind the wheel as soon as possible! Have a wonderful day!

Still no VIN. Rocklin is about 2 1/2 hours from the Tesla plant. What should I make of this? Wishful thinking?

Anyone visiting Mt. Kisco SC in next few days please DM me…

In the #BOHICA category, after rejecting Frankenstein Plaid delivery on 11/30 (dented LR trunk lid on Plaid), I asked my account to be put on hold until Jan 7th due to combination of planned work and extended holiday travel. Three days after arriving in Hawaii (#firstworldproblems) I receive the Tesla HQ email that if my account doesn’t come off of hold by 12/29 my order will be cancelled. To their credit, my SA consulted with SC manager and they said they would pull me off of hold on 12/29 and manage the VIN if I’m assigned one (unmatch me). Sure enough I was assigned a VIN on 12/29 (MF454…same as my rejected Plaid, but a few hundred earlier than the one I rejected). I was hoping that I would be unmatched and this 2021 would go away in the waning days of 2021…but to my chagrin the SA said they will keep the Plaid for delivery when I’m back from holiday next week. So I’m sure this was a scratch & dent given how long it’s been since production, but my only choice will be to reject it and lose my $10k ”discount” to current pricing. I would appreciate inspection from a TMC friend who might be in the neighborhood over next several days. I’d hate to go through the full preparation process if this one should be rejected. @scrapps @pshifrin @Emiller ?

I've been watching this site since I ordered a MS Plaid in late November. Great information. Finally joined today.

EDD has changed several times over the past month, latest was Dec 30-31 but no VIN. Received a text last night saying I have a tentative delivery tomorrow (12/31) at 6pm. Tesla - The factory is planning to build your configuration soon, please be advised this vehicle may not be built but we are tentatively scheduling your appointment for 12/31 in hopes the vehicle arrives on time. If the vehicle will arrive in time we will call/text to confirm your appointment. Please DO NOT SHOW UP ON SITE until you have received confirmation from the Rocklin Delivery Team that your vehicle was built and sent to Rocklin for delivery. If your vehicle is not built we will provide an estimate on when the vehicle will be ready in January. Thank you for understanding as we try to get you behind the wheel as soon as possible! Have a wonderful day!

Still no VIN. Rocklin is about 2 1/2 hours from the Tesla plant. What should I make of this? Wishful thinking?

"This vehicle may not be built"

Possible translation:

This vehicle might be one that has already been built, but rejected by another. We seem to have a lot of last minute rejects for some reason. That's why there is no VIN for you 24 hrs before delivery...