Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oooooooo...now you're speaking my language.

I hope it's structural 4680's in a Y with 500+ miles of range and a price decrease. F-off MB. 😆
Yeah so last I heard, Tesla was aiming to start production in Austin WITH 4680s! So crap may get real quite soon! Don't expect crazy range though. They'll either shrink the pack and improve the efficiency like crazy by losing weight, or SW limit it to probably ~350 miles. Tesla can't have the Y having better range than the MX. Regarding what they could do, I've heard some pretty crazy stuff, and some quite nuts stuff for the the M3. Again though we won't see that for a while though.

Yeah so last I heard, Tesla was aiming to start production in Austin WITH 4680s! So crap may get real quite soon! Don't expect crazy range though. They'll either shrink the pack and improve the efficiency like crazy by losing weight, or SW limit it to probably ~350 miles. Tesla can't have the Y having better range than the MX. Regarding what they could do, I've heard some pretty crazy stuff, and some quite nuts stuff for the the M3. Again though we won't see that for a while though.
Well more efficiency through a smaller pack and reduced weight would be nice too.

I'm interested in the M3 stuff. I feel like that's prime for an update. I have to say there's something nice about driving the smaller car when I drive our Y. A super fast 3 could be very interesting.

Well more efficiency through a smaller pack and reduced weight would be nice too.

I'm interested in the M3 stuff. I feel like that's prime for an update. I have to say there's something nice about driving the smaller car when I drive our Y. A super fast 3 could be very interesting.
Well again it's the potential non production range. We wouldn't see that for a really long time.

I could see more performance from the 3 in the future, but mainly in the top end performance. It's kinda locked into it's current mid 11 1/4 mile at ~116 mph and the MS DM's high 10 second 1/4 mile at 130 mph. I could see where they increase the trap speed to maybe the high 120s though!

Reactions: jebinc
Wow Mercedes is making some really ugly cars. YUCK!!
Here you are @2021plaid (if that's who you still are) :Mercedes-Benz Vision EQXX Concept Is a Sleek Sedan with 620-Mile Range

A scintillating, frothing 201 hp. :oops: And it's a concept, nobody minds if they just lie about the HP!
Yup I actually was kinda anticipating that car. Everything looked good until I saw that power number! WTF??

Oh well there you go I guess lol!
Good gawd, that thing is ugly. First picture made it look like a HammerHead shark.....

It's quite light, at 3800 pounds, so I'm guessing mid 5s for 0-60.
Hmmmm. Bit skeptical about that.

My Red 1990 CRX Si (not the del Sol crap) was 150hp weighing 2222lbs. It did 0-60 in 7.5. Simple extrapolation gets you way higher for the Merc: ~2x. Did I do the math right, or screw up something here?

Hmmmm. Bit skeptical about that.

My 1990 CRX Si (not the del Sol crap) was 150hp weighing 2222lbs. It did 0-60 in 7.5. Simple extrapolation gets you way higher for the Merc: ~2x.
Well I look at it as instant EV torque, and maybe 300 lb ft. So that along with no shifting would get to that problem mid 5s 0-60. In fact, it could be faster, as the 329 hp 5400 pound RWD EQS gets mid 5s already.

Reactions: impastu
Well I look at it as instant EV torque, and maybe 300 lb ft. So that along with no shifting would get to that problem mid 5s 0-60. In fact, it could be faster, as the 329 hp 5400 pound RWD EQS gets mid 5s already.
K. That makes sense. Torque on the Si was only 112 lbft.....

So, since we are into the “late late” programming…

Any see any Plaid with Track Mode UI screen shots? Well, @2021plaid? 🤣
This is all I see!

15B21ECB-E1A0-4940-BBE3-D661E85206FB.png