Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The mudflaps are here within 2 days of placing an order. They kill the looks somewhat but I don't mind that if they are functional and help protect the paint. Please forgive the dirty dirty car lol

IMG_5489.jpg
IMG_5490.jpg

After having to audition in my M3, the acceleration isn't a factor outside of how aggressively you're braking, and turning. My advice is keep it in autopilot for as much time as possible as you won't be dinged in AP. My plan is to opt in and do about a 100 mile trip on highway and drop off at PPF shop to let it sit for the week required for timeline and get in that way. If I focus on highway only it's a breeze to get the 100. Also if you opt out and re-opt into the beta it resets your score. I had a 93 for a while so opt-ed out and back in and got in with the first wave of 99s.
I’m a simple man who doesn’t think as deviously as this! Also don’t try track mode braking ever. You might end up with a single digit score that day!
Don’t ask me how I know!

I could be different options that is causing the difference in schedule, in any case, big variances and long wait for the LR.
just hope that there is not a repeat of the 2021 19" model s wheels backorder for months, scenario. Especially for those of us that have made it to just a few weeks out from EDD

The mudflaps are here within 2 days of placing an order. They kill the looks somewhat but I don't mind that if they are functional and help protect the paint. Please forgive the dirty dirty car lol
I agree. It fits sturdy but the design language isn’t that great! A design afterthought me thinks!

Attachments

• 92FCE79E-8489-4A91-A0CB-C66315BE0569.jpeg
    92FCE79E-8489-4A91-A0CB-C66315BE0569.jpeg
    622.5 KB · Views: 67
After having to audition in my M3, the acceleration isn't a factor outside of how aggressively you're braking, and turning. My advice is keep it in autopilot for as much time as possible as you won't be dinged in AP. My plan is to opt in and do about a 100 mile trip on highway and drop off at PPF shop to let it sit for the week required for timeline and get in that way. If I focus on highway only it's a breeze to get the 100. Also if you opt out and re-opt into the beta it resets your score. I had a 93 for a while so opt-ed out and back in and got in with the first wave of 99s.
That's basically what I did. Took a drive. Got a good score. Took to PPF, then to Tesla for service. Boom, FSD beta. I got the beta with 440 miles on the odometer :)

Its been the norm for higher priced versions of the S to get delivered before lower priced versions. Revenue.
Not really rim size though. Plaid sure. Not options, doesn't make a difference. The difference is base model is so over ordered they have to push it back so that everyone else can get one that's not white/black/19"

So, I've got a Plaid blue with cream interior coming on Jan 29. Signed financing documents yesterday and it is funded now. Today however I saw a blue with white interior with VIN 468 in existing inventory so I snatched it up. I know this is crazy but has anyone reversed financing before to take delivery of another car within the span of days? Mine is financed through BOA and they want me to have Tesla cancel everything and reapply but the seems like a lot of work for interior color change. This option on their website to order inventory cars is dangerous for people like me!

So, I've got a Plaid blue with cream interior coming on Jan 29. Signed financing documents yesterday and it is funded now. Today however I saw a blue with white interior with VIN 468 in existing inventory so I snatched it up. I know this is crazy but has anyone reversed financing before to take delivery of another car within the span of days? Mine is financed through BOA and they want me to have Tesla cancel everything and reapply but the seems like a lot of work for interior color change. This option on their website to order inventory cars is dangerous for people like me!
Just have BofA update the VIN. Tell em Tesla didn't make that one and theyre giving you this one