Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I keep staring at both and I can’t tell the difference. Maybe the prior post with the new lights is not the right ones, or my eyes are bad.
Maybe this will help:

Only goes to show Tesla monitors these sites discussing them. They responded to the Taiwan news in a similar fashion. SO I HEREBY OPENLY DECLARE THAT I LOVE TESLA, I LOVE ELON. Any criticism I may have submitted was done under duress.
Yup, they've said in the past that they do monitor forums and such, and I think they definitely monitor Twitter, where this news kinda blew up. And after that, when Elon tweeted out, he got barraged with new taillights questions, so yeah they figured it out lol.

Ok, so who's willing to take the $250 gamble and order a Plaid this week and see what light version arrives? For Los Angeles the website says 4-8 weeks out for delivery. I'm guessing that within that 4-8 week timeframe the lights will be revealed.
200.gif

I see. It's interesting because I'm generally very sensitive to these types of issues. Yet, I don't really notice it in my car. I would imagine local roads would have an impact on the intensity. Or at least how much one can feel the I tensity of the vibration. Our local roads, my normal routes are crap. So maybe it would be more apparent if they were not?

If you ever get to LA feel free to hit me up and see if there's a difference between your car and mine.

Well over 2k miles and no vibration (yet) other than the crap roads in the Northeast.

I understand. If my car suffered from this issue I would likely feel the same way. I'm stuck coping with a ripple in my windshield that they've agreed to replace but aren't confident that they can find a better one. I also have what sounds like a fastener, socket, or rubber ball that is rolling around somewhere in my car. Almost comical. Hopefully it's in the front tray of the car and not trapped somewhere where they can't get to it.
No worries! Re your windshield ripple, @WilliamG had his replaced, successfully, for the same. Sadly, the rest of the car is a PoS that they will be buying back from him, I hope…

Reactions: WilliamG
A LOT! Go back a couple of pages to my post.
View attachment 767158

The TLDR is that Tesla accidentally shipped a PR photo showing the new Model S tail lights, changed it, and now nothing is confirmed?

Do we think we are getting the ambient lights now...you know, since the website has shown that for over a year? Do you think anyone at Tesla knows the website still shows ambient lights? Tesla has to be the sloppiest, least detailed oriented company worth more than $500. Unbelievable. Trying to screw a few more people with the old headlights and *sugar* first.

Also this picture looks nothing like the one from Taiwan that was leaked nor does it look like the test track Model S we saw (which was different from the one in Taiwan). I dont even think the render is accurate.

Last edited: