Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This looks so much better than that render, misalignment and all.

Tesla-Model-S-2022-update-1.jpg

My suspicion is they want to make sure people who are taking deliveries in the next few weeks take the car as is.
If that's true and enough regular people know about the lights to reject deliveries to wait for them, we've won. Everyone is on this forum.

Wow, I used to not care about the lights and now I'm thinking I might not be as happy with my car once they come out with new lights.

If that's true and enough regular people know about the lights to reject deliveries to wait for them, we've won. Everyone is on this forum.

Wow, I used to not care about the lights and now I'm thinking I might not be as happy with my car once they come out with new lights.
That actually sounds plausible. I am surprised that once assigned a vin they allow you to turn it down and wait for another built. They must have a strong demand for current inventory.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
For an example, after a bit of time when the model 3 received the new center console, I went to a showroom to ask about the model y getting one soon and that I heard it was rumored.

Two different Tesla people both responded to me "oh no, the model y is still too new. The model 3 only got the new center console because of it being older. There's no confirmation at all the model y will ever get it."

Long story short, Tesla started shipping model y with the new center consoles about a week later.

They have absolutely no idea at best, lie at worst.

After my experience with Tesla's people in 2021 I wouldn't ever waste my time again to ask any question, regardless of how small. When I'd go chat with them about random Tesla stuff they know less than the average reddit user. It's actually quite sad.

Where is the bathroom? That's about the only question I would expect an accurate answer to.

Hi all,
1) new lights - the S online owner's manual references adaptive lights if equipped.
2) my baby is in the shop :( i had the appointment for the center console light and some other minor things. however, last night something happened i havetn' heard about here, and i'll cross post:
showing my buddy insane mode, he was ready, so i floored it. yeah, he laughed like on a roller coaster. so when he was ready, i did it again....and it was like the millenium falcon in almost every star wars movie when it clunked out - never happened before - i got the turtle, the car sorta sputtered (how can an electric car sputter)? got a messeage like "redueced power, exiting and re-entering the vehicle may resolve" and i had to limp along at 30 mph max. If i floored it, it stayed that way. if i pressed "harder" so beyond just flooring it, i'd get a red message to pull over right away.
this kept happening. i'd "restart" the car, maybe it would work right, maybe not) and then when it would act normally, a flooring of it would bring back the turtle.
happened about 5 times last night, including on a highway (i thought maybe the cameras thought i was being a jerk)
tried again today, same thing.
Error codes: DI_a082, a081, a012, etc.
so, now i have a loaner 2017 X P90D (big learning curve, big car, feels like old tech) and i hope to see my little buddy in a week or so...
View attachment 765967

You car is not your buddy any more. Lemon Law it...

Dropped off wife’s new MYP in Camarillo for Homelink install (really dumb taking that out as standard). Took a look at the S in the showroom. First time I sat in one since Delivery Day.

First time not-rushed and in good lighting. Have to say I was very impressed with build quality. They have made good progress since ‘17. Doors with open windows don’t sound like a can of coins when shut. Door handles don’t have sharp edges. No major gaps or alignment offsets. Pictures really understate the quality. Feels much more refined than pre-Pallidium.

Looking forward to my delivery in next 3-7 weeks. Hoping for new lights though.

Was that a MSM on black? I saw that there a week ago. Only glaring defects was misaligned interior trim R/H pass door.

I’m just a looker and never comment, but I totally agree, this dude is just 100% salty, lives every day full of regret. if he already has his car why is on here bashing everyone waiting for the new lights? Bitterness or jealousy one or the other. It’s like every post is just him expressing his FOMO, but telling us all not to have it.

Blame it on the EDD....