Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Initially I was a little bit disappointed in the acceleration compared to what everyone here had stated until I discovered it was only in sport mode. Popped it into insane mode and that went away QUICK. Jesus its fast, and I haven't really been able to truly test out how fast because I don't want to go to jail. Amazing car, glad to finally have it. Definitely worth the wait.
I wonder if anyone has done some Draggy or 1/4 comparisons on the different drive modes. I would be curious how much of a difference they are. It should be capable of high 10 second quarter likely in insane mode. Touching 10's is VERY fast. Very few production cars out there that can compete with it stock vs stock.

I am also hoping for an unlock in the future for a little more power/speed :)

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I wonder if anyone has done some Draggy or 1/4 comparisons on the different drive modes. I would be curious how much of a difference they are. It should be capable of high 10 second quarter likely in insane mode. Touching 10's is VERY fast. Very few production cars out there that can compete with it stock vs stock.

I do remember seeing a breakdown several months back with draggy results. Insane mode on the LR was indeed high 10s if I remember. I bet you could find with a creative search but it was mostly screen shots.

I do remember seeing a breakdown several months back with draggy results. Insane mode on the LR was indeed high 10s if I remember. I bet you could find with a creative search but it was mostly screen shots.
Yup. Model S Dual Motor runs high 10s at ~130 mph.

Last edited:
Woooooaaahahh! So that's why that badge was on the render! L. F. G!

Glad they did this, I thought it was such a shame to have that cool badge only exist on 25 cars

Guess I'll have to order this part, lol

That hideous thing is coming off within five minutes of getting in my garage. Honestly, even if I did like it, I like de-badging more.

Dude they don't give up their source's name lol. Obviously. 😀👍

Since TMC is the origin of all the rumors, I'm adding a few:

**BREAKING NEWS!**

1.) PLAID getting power boost from 1020hp to 1112hp, to spite Lucid.
2.) PLAID getting new LightShow update, removing Christmas track and adding "Good Vibrations" in honor of the multitudes of PLAID owners with buggered half shafts.

Just looked at my Plaid i received in July. The driver’s side rubber was a bit thicker. Mine are adjustable by just hand turning them. I evened them out and all seems OK. It is normally a tight fit when closing. Enjoy your rocket ship. Even with the present head and tail lights this car is worth twice the price in fun alone.
Thank you so much for checking and posting pics of yours. In the office all day and haven’t had a chance yet to go mess around with it now that I know I can adjust these. I’m in the minority here regarding the headlights. I can’t tell the difference between these and my 2020 Model 3. Maybe my model 3 was produced just before they upgraded to matrix headlights though.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid