Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i mean i agree they won't deliver like that...but i dont think there is car they wouldn't deliver if thats how it showed up to delivery center. They've delivered cars where the whole damn roof blew off on the way home lmao.

Maybe thats the new taillight in the the old rear end and its all being redesigned? Seems silly vs. just designing a taillight to fit existing hole...
Yeah that was one time lol. And the Mach E has a recall for the exact problem, after the main EV guy at Ford made fun of Tesla (I love to be positive, but the irony there is perfect rofl!):

Very confused. Your boy Sawyer said the lines were shut down Monday. You say today. WHO DO I BELIEVE?! If it is on the internet, it was supposed to be true?!

Ok, well I've heard slightly conflicting things to be honest. At most they've been down since Monday, and will be back online soon. Still incredibly fast. I do know with relatively high certainty though that the lines have not restarted yet.

I believe there are a few other changes as well. Another thread mentioned the Model S / X losing radar so I think we may see a decent amount of other small changes all happening at once.
Oof more cost cutting. Other than the headlights makes me even happier to have gotten my car Monday lol. Now I just hope I can keep using radar for a few years while they work the 'phantoms' out of vision lol.

Ok, well I've heard slightly conflicting things to be honest. At most they've been down since Monday, and will be back online soon. Still incredibly fast. I do know with relatively high certainty though that the lines have not restarted yet.
Yeah this is unacceptable. Because this is the kind of info we to KNOW. How else can we expect Tesla to maintain its level of trust when it comes to EDD's if we can't armchair quarterback when we think our cars should arrive?? Huh? HOW?

• Funny
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Oof more cost cutting. Other than the headlights makes me even happier to have gotten my car Monday lol. Now I just hope I can keep using radar for a few years while they work out the 'phantoms' out of vision lol.
Agree, really not happy if its true that radar is removed. Was SOOOO excited for the new headlights....

Wasn't a fan of the tails but figured it was worth it to get Matrix lights now that they are legal in the U.S.....

But seems crazy they would remove radar while also being under investigation by the NHTSA for phantom braking issues on the other vision models!

Agree, really not happy if its true that radar is removed. Was SOOOO excited for the new headlights....

Wasn't a fan of the tails but figured it was worth it to get Matrix lights now that they are legal in the U.S.....

But seems crazy they would remove radar while also being under investigation by the NHTSA for phantom braking issues on the other vision models!
I mean thats where all the development dollars are going so they are all in on vision. If it goes down the drain they will probably just restrict whatever feature NHTSA had an issue with - although I have a feeling that will come to nothing in the end. The government isn't the most effective at doing anything really (I feel like I can say that, I work for the US govt lol).

Phantom braking is not exclusive to Tesla Vision cars. The Beta MS cars are Vision but have radar deactivated. I had more phantom braking prior to the move to Vision.

• Helpful
Phantom braking is not exclusive to Tesla Vision cars. The Beta MS cars are Vision but have rear deactivated. I had more phantom braking prior to the move to Vision.
I haven't used vision so I cant speak to it at all, but I had 1 phantom breaking event in my MYP in several thousand miles of interstate travel (on radar). The reviews of vision ive seen make it seem like phantom breaking now is a multiple time per trip event. Its possible that both vision & radar autopilot have gotten worse since Ive used it though. That would be a shame. I haven't got around to trying autopilot in my MS because i needed to pull over to enable it and kept forgetting whenever i was stopped lol

• Funny
I believe there are a few other changes as well. Another thread mentioned the Model S / X losing radar so I think we may see a decent amount of other small changes all happening at once.
Maybe removing radar means the bumper fascia is different so they need to do new crash tests? Like the stupid reason the front license plate bracket has to be on the car.

Phantom braking is not exclusive to Tesla Vision cars. The Beta MS cars are Vision but have radar deactivated. I had more phantom braking prior to the move to Vision.
No its not.... However having radar adaptive cruise across multiple versions of the same vehicle over 10 years, I have averaged less than 1 incident a year, but I know someone who rented a model 3 two weeks ago and reported 3 incidents within 1 week..... I am a bit worried about my upcoming purchase....

I will give it a chance though, really hope I am wrong and it works well, if not, once the novelty of the speed wears down a bit, Ill sell it and move on.

Maybe removing radar means the bumper fascia is different so they need to do new crash tests? Like the stupid reason the front license plate bracket has to be on the car.
They wouldn't have to retest for that, there's no meaningful difference. I also believe the license plate crash test topic is a fallacy. I also believe the earth is flat, so what do I know?