Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You see that nice diffused LED charging ring on my old charge port? Well, do you see it? I bet you won’t see it on the new large charge port - just cheapened plastic. Wait for it! @EndlessPlaid told me, so it’s true! jk, he did tell me, but I think I will be proven 100% correct….

View attachment 773121
Yeah, but it will mirror the Model Y and 3! I don't see what's wrong with this! YMMV, but the old port is literally the same from 2012! I'm up for a little evolution after a decade. :)

Yeah, but it will mirror the Model Y and 3! I don't see what's wrong with this! YMMV, but the old port is literally the same from 2012! I'm up for a little evolution after a decade. :)

Nice try. A swing and a miss! 🤣. Yeah, like people want a really large charge port hatch for a tiny North American plug surrounded by miles of plastic. I bet some are putting their orders on hold because they want this so bad. I prefer the discrete-ness of the current port, nicely trimmed and with rubber gasketed door! Can’t wait for the real pictures! Okay, moving on…

Nice try. A swing and a miss! 🤣. Yeah, like people want a really large charge port hatch for a tiny North American plug surrounded by miles of plastic. I bet some are putting their orders on hold because they want this so bad. I prefer the discreetness of the current port, nicely trimmed and with rubber gasket Ed door! Can’t wait for the real pictures! Okay, moving on…
I really don't see what's wrong with this! It's a newer, more clean look to my eye! :)

34e87135-6dee-4c5f-8f33-3422a778fb30.jpg

You see that nice diffused LED charging ring on my old charge port? Well, do you see it? I bet you won’t see it on the new large charge port - just cheapened plastic. Wait for it! @EndlessPlaid told me, so it’s true! jk, he did tell me, but I think I will be proven 100% correct….

View attachment 773121
Damn, tough crowd. 😆

Yeah Green tweeted that out. I think it unlikely though that a round wheel is coming. This is probably a remnant from the prototypes spotted in Q1 2021 that had the round wheel.
Wonder if it is also for foreign markets where Tesla might not get the yoke approved? Total speculation on my part, I have no clue if the yoke is even an issue in foreign markets.

Wonder if it is also for foreign markets where Tesla might not get the yoke approved? Total speculation on my part, I have no clue if the yoke is even an issue in foreign markets.
I know Europe (and the UK I think) cleared it almost immediately after Tesla showed it on Jan 27th 2021. The US was the one that we didn't know about.

View attachment 773121
The ring is definitely nice, but I'll easily give it up to get the diffused tail lights.
I do wish they hadn't squished the red lights in the taillights and put that white part below but they still look a lot better than the existing ones.

The ring is definitely nice, but I'll easily give it up to get the diffused tail lights.
I do wish they hadn't squished the red lights in the taillights and put that white part below but they still look a lot better than the existing ones.

The best part about this change is it looks like we get amber tail lights, which I believe are right below the red tail lights. Has anyone got the inside scoop on this?

The best part about this change is it looks like we get amber tail lights, which I believe are right below the red tail lights. Has anyone got the inside scoop on this?
I'd love amber lights. It would make sense for them to standardize the parts worldwide like they have done for 3/Y.
Amber lights are safer because they aren't ambiguous between brake lights and turn signals.

Evolution would be the current charge port becoming better in some way, this is just replacing it with the cheaper version out of the 3/Y. It’s not a bad thing to have some premium distinguishing touches on the premium product…

Evolution would be the current charge port becoming better in some way, this is just replacing it with the cheaper version out of the 3/Y. It’s not a bad thing to have some premium distinguishing touches on the premium product…
Sure. Like air suspension, tri-motors, carbon fibre sleeving, self presenting handles, larger primary screen, three screens, ventilated seats, Homelink standard, Key Fobs, front passenger lumbar support, etc. :)