Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No its not.... However having radar adaptive cruise across multiple versions of the same vehicle over 10 years, I have averaged less than 1 incident a year, but I know someone who rented a model 3 two weeks ago and reported 3 incidents within 1 week..... I am a bit worried about my upcoming purchase....

I will give it a chance though, really hope I am wrong and it works well, if not, once the novelty of the speed wears down a bit, Ill sell it and move on.

I had a load of phantom braking in my 2019 Model 3 on AP. It was part of the reason the wifey didn't like me using it with her in the car. Can't say I blame her.

Sure. Like air suspension, tri-motors, carbon fibre sleeving, self presenting handles, larger primary screen, three screens, ventilated seats, Homelink standard, Key Fobs, front passenger lumbar support, etc. :)

I'm feeling ornery.... so this is a mix of truth and... err... patent untruths, to confuse you.

Air suspension.... - that cause vibrations...- and is quite costly to fix.
Tri-motors.... - with more pyro fuses to blow.
Carbon fibre sleeving... - too much carbon in the world. Everyone knows carbon monoxide is from carbon, and therefore carbon is bad.
Self-presenting handles, that break all the time.
Three screens - so many distractions! Makes you more likely to crash your car.
Ventilated seats - pointless when it's freezing out.
HomeLink - works now. Amazingly. +1 points, Tesla. This was broken for a long time (double-sending some commands, or not bothering to send commands at all).
Lumbar support - This is good because I carry a lot of lumber in my car and it's important it's supported.

Next!

My order number is RN1151. Originally placed order for a long range in June 2020. I have a Vin # with delivery next week. I’m debating on giving up this vin number and placing a hold for 2 weeks. I’d prefer getting the new headlights and taillights.

How long do you guys think it would be until I’m reassigned a new vin?
They’ll jam you with a pre-refresh refresh given you have a pre-price increase RN

I really don't see what's wrong with this! It's a newer, more clean look to my eye! :)

34e87135-6dee-4c5f-8f33-3422a778fb30.jpg
When I have to plug in my S in the dark, it's easy to guide the plug right into the lighted ring... when I have to plug in my wife's Y, I have to feel for it as the actual receptacle is dark and a couple inches over from he tiny indicator light... also, don't forget about this fun Easter egg ;)

When I have to plug in my S in the dark, it's easy to guide the plug right into the lighted ring... when I have to plug in my wife's Y, I have to feel for it as the actual receptacle is dark and a couple inches over from he tiny indicator light... also, don't forget about this fun Easter egg ;)
Good point. Hadn’t thought of that. But I don’t think I’ve ever plugged-in in the dark either. :)

Do you have trouble finding, um, other receptacles in the dark? This could be part of a bigger problem.

Last night I drove the new S for the first time at night. Some roads with street lights, and then down some back roads with no street lighting. I swear I could not tell that the headlights were working "poorly". Low beam or high beam. I mean, Im sure there is always room for improvement and while I certainly believe the new matrix headlights are going to be fantastic, Im thinking I might just not be a major headlight guy.

Example: I have friends who have modified/upgraded their headlights on other vehicles almost as a..mod/hobby. Adding HID's or improving existing HID's or adding super bright lights to fronts of lifted trucks/jeeps. Or adding high quality very bright projectors via expensive projects from places like this:

But none of that ever intrigued me at all. I never bothered with it. While sure, it would have been nice to have gotten the matrix improved brighter headlights (at no cost, sure why not), Im honestly not sure having max brightness headlights have ever been a thing for me. But kudos to all that love their headlights

Last night I drove the new S for the first time at night. Some roads with street lights, and then down some back roads with no street lighting. I swear I could not tell that the headlights were working "poorly". Low beam or high beam.
Same, I drive my share of dark country roads, but never really noticed a problem. Could they be better? Sure, anything can always be better... are they bad? No, they're about the same as the BMWs I've had. I'm sure the matrix headlights will be better, but not worth worrying about. I'll enjoy them on my next S, haha.

Last night I drove the new S for the first time at night. Some roads with street lights, and then down some back roads with no street lighting. I swear I could not tell that the headlights were working "poorly". Low beam or high beam. I mean, Im sure there is always room for improvement and while I certainly believe the new matrix headlights are going to be fantastic, Im thinking I might just not be a major headlight guy.

Example: I have friends who have modified/upgraded their headlights on other vehicles almost as a..mod/hobby. Adding HID's or improving existing HID's or adding super bright lights to fronts of lifted trucks/jeeps. Or adding high quality very bright projectors via expensive projects from places like this:

But none of that ever intrigued me at all. I never bothered with it. While sure, it would have been nice to have gotten the matrix improved brighter headlights (at no cost, sure why not), Im honestly not sure having max brightness headlights have ever been a thing for me. But kudos to all that love their headlights
I found them to be unevenly lit, maybe it's just my car? However, the fog lights solve the problem though. With that said, I would love the matrix LED headlights :)

I found them to be unevenly lit, maybe it's just my car? However, the fog lights solve the problem though. With that said, I would love the matrix LED headlights :)
I'd seen a post on TMC that mentioned that someone had readjusted their headlights (I think using the old school method of parking facing a wall and adjusting the set screws), and they had improved greatly. Judging by the other adjustments that Tesla makes (or fails to make) on cars coming off the assembly line, it's likely that some cars' headlights aren't properly adjusted. I imagine the matrix headlights will largely make this problem go away (as they're auto-adjusting via the AP cameras), but it would make sense why some people say the lights are awful and others say they're fine.

I'd seen a post on TMC that mentioned that they had readjusted their headlights (I think using the old school method of parking up against a surface and adjusting the set screws), and they had improved greatly. Judging by the other adjustments that Tesla makes (or fails to make) on cars coming off the assembly line, it's likely that some cars' headlights aren't properly adjusted. I imagine the matrix headlights will largely make this problem go away (as they're auto-adjusting via the AP cameras), but it would make sense why some people say the lights are awful and others say they're fine.
I’m guessing it’s more of a case of exposure to better things. My ex-neighbor has an S Plaid, thinks the headlights are great. I’ve been in his car a couple of times. The headlights are the same as mine: crap (if you don’t know better).

I'd seen a post on TMC that mentioned that someone had readjusted their headlights (I think using the old school method of parking facing a wall and adjusting the set screws), and they had improved greatly. Judging by the other adjustments that Tesla makes (or fails to make) on cars coming off the assembly line, it's likely that some cars' headlights aren't properly adjusted. I imagine the matrix headlights will largely make this problem go away (as they're auto-adjusting via the AP cameras), but it would make sense why some people say the lights are awful and others say they're fine.
Im gonna have to check that out